Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

It's scary when you think about the fact that Moss' only real specialty was the 9 route, and no matter how well it was covered, he would either outrun the secondary, or outjump them, which was what really had me excited about Sean Taylor back in '04, because up until that point, I had never seen anyone get up higher than Moss on a jump-ball, ever.

Imagine if Moss really really worked on his route running the way all the other HOF caliber receivers did, he truly would've been other world deadly.

It's scary when you think about the fact that Moss' only real specialty was the 9 route, and no matter how well it was covered, he would either outrun the secondary, or outjump them, which was what really had me excited about Sean Taylor back in '04, because up until that point, I had never seen anyone get up higher than Moss on a jump-ball, ever.

Imagine if Moss really really worked on his route running the way all the other HOF caliber receivers did, he truly would've been other world deadly.

If Moss didn't take so many plays off, who knows, he might have went down as being the greatest WR of all time.

That is what he was saying silly.

Moss really could have put Rice in his shadow. I'm not talking about the rings, I am talking performance. Moss' size and speed at that position...damn...all he needed was better routes and to try to perfect his talents. Think Shaq. Shaq would have easily been the best if he worked harder. He is still among the best, but not quite there.

The reason TO became the workout freak that he is was because of Rice, and he should be pretty damn proud that he is considered one of the best that ever did it.

I keep dreaming about this girl I knew 8-10 years ago. It really bothers the hell out of me I wish I could just forget her. So dumb jesus it's agonizing I wake up sad/angry.

I'm also considering buying a new bed, like one of those Swedish joints Temperpedic whatever. But then my friend told me to just get a topper. What is that? What can people tell me about new beds? I don't feel like starting a thread on it.

My girlfriend just got her Miami season tickets in the mail, and is trying to convince me to go to a game with her at some point this season.

Not sure how I feel about that. I honestly don't think there's any imaginable way that I could go to a Miami game and cheer for them. Plus, all of their home games this year suck, except Ohio State, and that's obviously not quite the same as originally planned.

My girlfriend just got her Miami season tickets in the mail, and is trying to convince me to go to a game with her at some point this season.

Not sure how I feel about that. I honestly don't think there's any imaginable way that I could go to a Miami game and cheer for them. Plus, all of their home games this year suck, except Ohio State, and that's obviously not quite the same as originally planned.

Looks like you could either a) Go with her to a game or two, and instantly receive a **** ton of brownie points, while at the same time, probably spending the entire time feeling like a complete idiot. Sounds like one of those opportunistic " I'll do it for you" type deals.

Or you could B) Choose not to go, and (if she's not the type to get too salty) probably shrug it off, but at the same time, file it away in the "**** he wasn't willing to do with me" section of her brain,, or ( if she isn't as understanding) probably might give you a hard time.

I'd go with option A.

ncaa_Miami%20Hurricanes%2001.jpg

Suck it up, son...

^ go to a game so you can scout all the future Redskins for us. No doubt there will be at least 3 or 4 of them.

Off of this current Miami team? I hope not, unless the Skins go Hurricanes-heavy in the 2012 draft. Their talent will run pretty thin after they lose guys this year.

Looks like you could either a) Go with her to a game or two, and instantly receive a **** ton of brownie points, while at the same time, probably spending the entire time feeling like a complete idiot. Sounds like one of those opportunistic " I'll do it for you" type deals.

Or you could B) Choose not to go, and (if she's not the type to get too salty) probably shrug it off, but at the same time, file it away in the "**** he wasn't willing to do with me" section of her brain,, or ( if she isn't as understanding) probably might give you a hard time.

I'd go with option A.

Suck it up, son...

Nah, she knows I'm not overwhelmed with excitement at the idea, plus it's likely that a lot of their games would interfere with me being able to watch FSU play, so she doesn't actually expect me to go to any Miami games while skipping out on FSU games. It's a mutual understanding of our commitment towards our schools.

I said I'd be open to attending a UM game, but Miami plays a lot of awful home games this year. Even she's not very hyped about their home game schedule.

All their most interesting games, outside of the Ohio State one, are on the road: FSU, UNC, VT, and USF.

I told her I'd be willing to go to a UM-heavy sports bar near her place to watch the Miami/Maryland season opener though. And we might make plans to go up to Tallahassee for the FSU/UM game.

Grit your teeth, bear it and pick up some brownie points.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5a6KPV-pF0luS-v4rO2pdZ9TaTUmD-BiIiCq8-4a1RyS-PNCQBg

If you don't go I'm sure she'd have no problem finding another dude that will.

Haha well, I'm not too worried about that. She did go to the University of Miami, so she has friends she could go with anyway.

But like I said, we already have a mutual understanding with our college rivalry, and she probably can't go to too many games herself, since she's a wedding planner, and will likely have to work a lot of weddings on Saturdays, since the early/mid fall is one of their busiest times.

In all honesty, I'm not really looking forward to the Canes this season anyways. Still can't get over how ****ty last season ended, compared to my outlook before it started. If I was in close proximity to him, I'd be tempted to throw a brick at Jacory Harris ( 50% sarcasm).

Haha yeah, my girlfriend absolutely hates Jacory Harris. She said he was a standout idiot around campus, always wearing ridiculous clothes and doing dumb things to draw attention to himself.

Haha yeah, my girlfriend absolutely hates Jacory Harris. She said he was a standout idiot around campus, always wearing ridiculous clothes and doing dumb things to draw attention to himself.

Yeah well, that sounds about right.

I can't believe I thought that the dude would be anything remotely special. It's amazing how much one game (@ VT in '09) can change the direction of a program. I still haven't recovered from that game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-pgachampionship

The world’s top-ranked player faced more empty seats than actual reporters when he met with the media before the PGA Championship.

The golfer who triumphed just last weekend has been overshadowed by the guy who carries his bag.

This is what the sport has come to without Tiger Woods winning with such regularity, with such dominance, that everyone else knew they were playing for second before they even got to the course.

Some might say, good riddance! No one wants to see the same champion week after week, year after year.

Then again, this parity thing doesn’t seem to be working out quite as well for golf as it does for, say, the NFL. Transcendent stars such as Woods and Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer are the ones who lure fans through the gates, pump up the TV ratings and move merchandise for the all-important sponsors.

Woods grew up in Southern California watching the Los Angeles Lakers face the Boston Celtics year after year in the NBA Finals. Then along came Michael Jordan, who won six titles in eight years during the 1990s.

“That’s as good as it gets,” Woods said Wednesday.

I've said it a million times, golf sucks without Tiger and the ratings reflect that

Archived