Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Ask ix how he copes?:whoknows:

You and I are on the same page with that response.

That is actually "LOL" funny.

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 09:54 PM ----------

Ha

On a unrelated note my friend recently turned 18

And the significance of this is ? I don't get it sorry.

ok I'm getting caught up today on draft happenings. The first thing I wanted to see, even before who the Cowboys picked, was where my SMU boy Aldrick Robinson got picked. And I'm scrolling through the rounds, find his name, and see Washington next to it.

You have GOT to be ****ing kidding me. WTF?! That is two years in a row that my favorite SMU receivers get drafted by a team I hate. Last year with Emmanuel Sanders with the Steelers and now this year with Robinson and the Skins. Why God?! WHY?!

ok I'm getting caught up today on draft happenings. The first thing I wanted to see, even before who the Cowboys picked, was where my SMU boy Aldrick Robinson got picked. And I'm scrolling through the rounds, find his name, and see Washington next to it.

You have GOT to be ****ing kidding me. WTF?! That is two years in a row that my favorite SMU receivers get drafted by a team I hate. Last year with Emmanuel Sanders with the Steelers and now this year with Robinson and the Skins. Why God?! WHY?!

Haha. Well i guess that's a good thing for us!

So what's your take on him. I just got done watching his highlights and dear lord was I impressed. He dominated anyone who tried to press him, I didn't see one person even get a hand on him. And if they played off he would just run right around him. I said to one of my buddies he's a "Mini-Ochocinco."

Haha. Well i guess that's a good thing for us!

So what's your take on him. I just got done watching his highlights and dear lord was I impressed. He dominated anyone who tried to press him, I didn't see one person even get a hand on him. And if they played off he would just run right around him. I said to one of my buddies he's a "Mini-Ochocinco."

I just made a post in the stadium about him. He scored a touchdown in each of the last eight games of the season. Yes, it's a June Jones pass happy offense. But still good. He spent four years here, so he's seasoned. He's mature. He's not the biggest guy, but neither was his SMU teammate Emmanuel Sanders, and he did just fine with Pitt last season.

If you want to see some of what he can do, check out the highlights from the 2009 Hawaii Bowl when SMU steamrolled Nevada. I'd link them myself, but I'm on my ipad so it's a little difficult. The kid can play. While I don't think he's quite as good as Sanders, I think he can become a solid 3rd option on some team.

Nice draft. 5th place finish for my boy at Richmond. And I ordered a HOF hat with a Skins logo on nflshop.com with a gift card I got for my birthday a couple months ago.

All in all, pretty nice day.

Nice draft. 5th place finish for my boy at Richmond. And I ordered a HOF hat with a Skins logo on nflshop.com with a gift card I got for my birthday a couple months ago.

All in all, pretty nice day.

That race was mostly a borefest. The only excitement really was the Montoya-Newman thing. And even then, nothing ever materialized between them after the race.

I think Newman should have given him more room, that early in the race. Plus you have to know who you're racing around. It was a given that Montoya would retaliate on him. Newman brought that whole thing on himself, imo.

And Carl didn't run particularly well, btw. He didn't even have a top 10 car, imo. He's very fortunate to leave there with the points.

I came away from this draft feeling pretty good, for the first time in a long time. Of course, none of these guys have taken the field yet, so we have no idea if they'll pan out or not, but everything I've heard leads me to believe that they will.

I was telling people as far back as October that I'd be fine with us not drafting a QB, one, because I don't think that any of them will amount to much in the short term at least, and a lot of them flat out probably won't be more than serviceable at best, and 2, because we have needs at every position, along with no depth, so I was happy with us trading down and acquiring more picks, even though I would've loved the idea of having Pouncey in the interior of the O-line, but you obviously can't solve everything in one offseason. I'm also ecstatic at the fact that we got Leonard Hankerson at the spot we did, and cannot wait for him to get to work with Keenan McCardell. Solid job by the FO.

---------- Post added May-1st-2011 at 04:47 AM ----------

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to having at least one season (whenever it starts) devoid of the nonstop baby mama drama that has been going on for the last 2 and a half years.

I came away from this draft feeling pretty good, for the first time in a long time. Of course, none of these guys have taken the field yet, so we have no idea if they'll pan out or not, but everything I've heard leads me to believe that they will.

I was telling people as far back as October that I'd be fine with us not drafting a QB, one, because I don't think that any of them will amount to much in the short term at least, and a lot of them flat out probably won't be more than serviceable at best, and 2, because we have needs at every position, along with no depth, so I was happy with us trading down and acquiring more picks, even though I would've loved the idea of having Pouncey in the interior of the O-line, but you obviously can't solve everything in one offseason. I'm also ecstatic at the fact that we got Leonard Hankerson at the spot we did, and cannot wait for him to get to work with Keenan McCardell. Solid job by the FO.

Agreed on basically all points.

Do we need a young, franchise type of QB? Yeah, of course. But we also have holes all over the place and this QB crop was fairly week across the board. So I was perfectly happy with trading back and making a really high volume or picks.

I also think Hankerson can be a really solid WR for us.

On a crazy side note, I saw this on Twitter earlier:

So 8 out of the 11 starters on the 2009 UNC defense have now been drafted.

And consider, only 3 out of that 8 ended up playing this year. Imagine if they had had 5 more of their guys. That's crazy to think about. UNC could have been so sick this past season.

Agreed on basically all points.

Do we need a young, franchise type of QB? Yeah, of course. But we also have holes all over the place and this QB crop was fairly week across the board. So I was perfectly happy with trading back and making a really high volume or picks.

I also think Hankerson can be a really solid WR for us.

On a crazy side note, I saw this on Twitter earlier:

And consider, only 3 out of that 8 ended up playing this year. Imagine if they had had 5 more of their guys. That's crazy to think about. UNC could have been so sick this past season.

Yeah, seeing as how we aren't going to be contenders for awhile, I'd be fine with a guy like Grossman for this season at least.

And out of that entire group of UNC talent, I think Quinn Sturdivant may end up being the best out of all of them. He absolutely wrecked LSU in the Chick-Fil A Kickoff game last year.

ATTS is an abbreviation for the American Temperament Testing Society. The ATTS test consists of evaluating the dog in a number of confrontational situations, some of them involving people who are strange to the dog. Any dog who panics or shows signs of aggression during these testing procedures fails the test. The ATTS has tested over 170 breeds of dogs, encompassing thousands of individual animals.

When evaluated with the ATTS testing, 85.4% of American Pitbull Terriers and 83.9% of American Staffordshire Terriers tested passed the test. These are two of the most commonly recognized pitbull breeds. These test results for pitbulls showed them to be no more aggressive than golden retrievers or Bassett hounds. Some of the breeds which tested as more aggressive than pitbulls included Chihuahuas, Collies, Beagles, Shih Tzus, Scnauzers, Border Collies and Yorkshire Terriers, just to name a few. To verify these statistics, you may contact the ATTS at American Temperament Test Society, Inc., PO Box 800130, Balch Springs, TX 75180, (972) 557-2887 or email info@atts.org.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Pitbull myths and misconceptions - National Pet Health | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/pet-health-in-national/pitbull-myths-and-misconceptions?fb_comment=13284576#ixzz1L6vz2pzn

http://www.examiner.com/pet-health-in-national/pitbull-myths-and-misconceptions?fb_comment=13284576

Yeah, seeing as how we aren't going to be contenders for awhile, I'd be fine with a guy like Grossman for this season at least.

And out of that entire group of UNC talent, I think Quinn Sturdivant may end up being the best out of all of them. He absolutely wrecked LSU in the Chick-Fil A Kickoff game last year.

I think its 'Quan'. But yeah, he's pretty damn good.

And Carl didn't run particularly well, btw. He didn't even have a top 10 car, imo. He's very fortunate to leave there with the points.

From now on, I'm going to refer to you as "ESC," for "Extremeskins Contrarian."

Finishing 5th with a car that wasn't top-10 is the DEFINITION of running well for a driver.

Archived