Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Chevy Chase used to be funny, but only very briefly. Too bad he didn't run off and join a cult after the Fletch movies.

Will Ferrell is awful. 

Aziz Ansari is not funny, just VERY annoying.

Adam Sandler

I was thinking of Sandler, but that's kind of dangerous, as he has a large cult following. And I liked the movie "Happy Gilmore".

Here's another controversial one: Jerry Seinfeld. Gee, try taking a risk once in a while, Jerry. 

Handmaid's Tale has the best music of any television show currently, and they played a gem that spoke to me last week.  

Went on a Kate Bush binge on YouTube.  I didn't realize this song from handmaid's is 35 years old until yesterday LOL.  Crankage :headbang:

Unlike Will Ferrell, there are a couple of movies with Ben Stiller I like, but it's more despite rather than because he's in them.

Here's another category: actors who are either great or truly awful depending on the role. I'm not talking about a great actor who made a bad movie - Michael Caine has made plenty of stinkers but his performance is still good.

Kevin Costner either fits right in like in Fandango, Dances with Wolves, or more recently Highwaymen, or he just sucks big-time, like in Robin Hood or The Untouchables (still a good movie).

George Clooney was excellent in Syrians and a perfect fit for O Brother Where Art Thou, but dreadful in other Cohen Bros movies.

6 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Succesful funny guys who are actually unfunny:

Go. 

Dane Cook.

24 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

George Clooney was excellent in Syrians and a perfect fit for O Brother Where Art Thou, but dreadful in other Cohen Bros movies.

No love for Burn After Reading?

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Unlike Will Ferrell, there are a couple of movies with Ben Stiller I like, but it's more despite rather than because he's in them.

Here's another category: actors who are either great or truly awful depending on the role. I'm not talking about a great actor who made a bad movie - Michael Caine has made plenty of stinkers but his performance is still good.

Kevin Costner either fits right in like in Fandango, Dances with Wolves, or more recently Highwaymen, or he just sucks big-time, like in Robin Hood or The Untouchables (still a good movie).

That’s clearly Nicholas cage 

3 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I think Will Ferrell is one of the funniest SNL cast members of all time.

Not a big fan of his movies at all.

I don't think I've ever laughed at Steve Carell.

The ONE thing I liked of Wil Ferrell was his imitation of that pretentious sycophant James Lipton from "In the actor's studio".

That was pretty hillarious. 

2 hours ago, Mournblade said:

The ONE thing I liked of Wil Ferrell was his imitation of that pretentious sycophant James Lipton from "In the actor's studio".

That was pretty hillarious. 

He played the butt of the jokes in celebrity Jeopardy perfectly.

Cowbell.

The maniac boss sketch is amazing.

The old prospector, get off the shed, him and Katan bopping their heads, his Harry Caray impression... List goes on.

Noticing a lot of the names being put out there are folks that were once at a very high point in the comedy scene but whose shtick has just gotten old and not holding up over time. Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller being prime examples. In the 90s, Adam Sandler was near the top of the comedy food chain when his bit was somewhat fresh. Same with Stiller in having just become predictable. There was a point where I would've considered him the king of uncomfortable, awkward, comedy. But now you pretty much know exactly what you're gonna get with his movies.

As far as Will Ferrell, I've noticed he's a love or hate kinda guy. I and many others I know love him. But I've also talked to quite a few people who just can't stand the guy. 

Rob Schneider and Seth Green have always been those guys for me. Never really found either one of them to be funny.

Archived