Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

27 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Dish is 10 times worse. Trust me. :taz:

I had Dish before Comcast way back in the day :806:. I feel you

Apparently there was a nationwide issue today:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/746363002

Still having issues with the picture/audio/button lag, and even stuff like voice command is flat out unresponsive, so I can't even access Netflix, on a night when virtually everyone else is busy either working or with their family :kickcan:

Even before today, Comcast would routinely have these weird outages every 5-6 weeks, like some creepy dude in the area is conducting Tesla like experiments in his basement ? Downside of modern technology

One of my favorite users brand new laptop burnt out. He was blown... Thought he lost all his stuff. Thankfully, I was able to switch the hard drive to another machine and everything was normal. While transferring the files, this dude asks us what Liquor do we enjoy. Told him I like Honey Jack... I didn't think anything of it.

This dude came back to get his loaner with four bottles for me and my help desk crew.

I feel so blessed by that.. I really work hard for those people; most of them are cool folks. I know they're appreciative of it too, but to have a bottle to chill on a Friday night is kind of a great feeling to have.

And my Fiancée, who I really love, is out right now... So I can REALLY enjoy it.

I know that was a lot, but whatever. I'll enjoy y'all frying me. Lol Edit: This is a lot. I'm sorry. Lol

I hate that I take 1000mg of anything to help try to get from one day to the next.  I'm between insurance and messed up trying to fill two before I was allowed to on my last day of insurance (when I asked for all three scripts in paper form, told them plan was to fill them in NOVA).  It's like I'm learnin everything the hard way with this ****.  Is what it is, better then where I was, now I work walking distance to the Capitol. Hail.

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Tell me about the NES classic mini

It's pretty awesome.  It comes loaded with 30 games on it and fits in the palm of your hand.  My main gripe is that the cord for the controller is too damn short.  So last night I was sitting on my ottoman looking up at my mounted tv with the classic mini hanging between me and the tv mounted on the wall.  Apparently there's remote controllers out there, I'm going to order some today.  The other dumb thing is that there's no button to go back to the main menu to select a different game.  So if you're playing a game and want to play a different one, you have to hit the reset button on the little console which is a bit annoying.  

That aside, it's a lot of fun.  Turn it on and a menu pops up with the games for you to cycle through and pick.  The ones I can remember off the top of my head this morning are Mario 1, 2, and 3, Tecmo Bowl 1 (for some reason the players names are gone, replaced with their numbers) Metroid, Mega Man 2, Super C, Ninja Gaiden, Punch Out (not the one with Mike Tyson), Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Excitebike, Bubble Bobble, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, Castlevania 1 and 2 and some others.  Last night I played Mario 1, Tecmo, Super C, Punch Out, Excitebike, and **** ton of Gaiden and Zelda.

Aside from the players names being missing on Tecmo, everything else is exactly the way you remember it.  When you're done playing a game and hit the reset button, there's an option that pops up for you to save your progress which is awesome.  Looks like there's 4 different slots per game for you to create a save point.  Last night I think I got further in Ninja Gaiden than I ever had before and was able to save it.  

It was 60 bucks and I got it at Walmart, they had quite a few of them.  Goofy **** aside with the cord length and no home button on the controller, I highly recommend it.  Someone told me yesterday that apparently they're coming out with a mini N64 in Q4 of this year, too.  If it has Goldeneye, my life might be over.

8 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’ve got a 3 Grand bonus check coming from the factory next week and I really should bank it or spend it to fix my porch - the rain this May rotted it out.

But I’ve also got “guitar fever” and lawd have mercy...

https://www.themusiczoo.com/products/jackson-custom-shop-star-hardtail-snow-white-2017

You work hard.  Treat yourself.  Or save it.  But spending a nice bonus check on rotted wood?  Maaaaaan no way.  You can wail like EVH on that thing.

Hannibal Burress says there are 3 things you can do with money; save it, spend it, or give it away.

But there’s a fourth: you can gamble with it

on a serious note, when I get my bonus checks I do all 3. Save some, spend some, give some to charity, and if applicable pay off debt. Never really gamble.

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's pretty awesome.  It comes loaded with 30 games on it and fits in the palm of your hand.

Mmmhmm... I see. I've actually been thinking that trying to do something productive with my life is just a waste of time anyway so this works out well. Does it come with beer?

27 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Mmmhmm... I see. I've actually been thinking that trying to do something productive with my life is just a waste of time anyway so this works out well. Does it come with beer?

Sadly, no.  But the beer and pizza I had last night while acting like 10 year old Spiff were great.

1 hour ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Anybody dealt with vertigo before? 

Hubby has it. 

When we first got together, I had my own house...I asked him if he could take over cleaning my gutters, and he said he had vertigo...I asked "What good are you then?" ?

He started paying for everything I needed for the outside, including the gutters to be cleaned. ?

Sorry, I know that doesn't help.✌

16 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Anybody dealt with vertigo before? 

My wife gets it.  Hers is triggered when she doesn't sleep on her right side, related to fluid build up in her ear.  

She got meds for it but if I remember correctly the over the counter meds for motion sickness work just as well, but research that or consult with a doctor first.  I think it has the same active ingredient.   There are also exercises you can do. 

Of course a lot of this depends on the cause of your vertigo.

Archived