Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

39 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

So the good news post surgery is that the pain has subsided considerably since yesterday. Now my main concern is finding a balance between stepping down my pain pills too quickly and staying on them too long. 

Im reading stuff (on the Internet. Which is dangerous) about opioid addiction.

Don't worry about the addiction aspect of it.  You aren't using them for enjoyment.  You'll know when it's time to stop taking them.  It sounds like you have a grasp on the situation.

I've used opioids (Vicodin and Percocet) multiple times for pain.  Even with my addictive personality it was clear when the time to step down from taking the pills for pain.

Plus, if you like ****ting then you'll wanna cut the opiates sooner than later.

19 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I think someone in here mentioned Dark Matter was a good show to watch. I watched the first season last week...got hooked. Liked it so much I bought episodes off Amazon Video and I'm now watching the rest through Syfy On Demand. 

Yeah, it's a great show.  Always a twist here and there, very well written show.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, it's a great show.  Always a twist here and there, very well written show.

I also like how brutal the heroes are. I hate watching a show or movie and everyone wants to be Captain America or Superman, allowing completely reprehensible people with zero redeemable qualities to live....only for them to escape prison again and kill another dozen innocent people before being caught again. I've actually never agreed with that mindset, I feel like those deaths are on the heroes who weren't strong enough to put those monsters down for good. Everyone in Gotham should blame Batman for the Joker's victims, IMO. 

But the crew of the Raza don't play that! LOL! They barely even hesitate. I've seen former friends killed as an example to their enemies. Kill one of their crew, and they'll hunt your ass down to whatever remote planet you're hiding out in and put one between your eyes and then get a full night's sleep. My kind of show. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's easier to just kill everyone than it is to restrain yourself, and find another way, or show mercy.

No other animated work lays this out in clear detail imo than the rivalry/friendship between Goku and Vegeta

And that is true, it's harder to restrain yourself. I just think at some point in time, mercy is no longer an option. And this all fictional works we're talking about, but what chance is there to rehabilitate The Joker, or Thanos? 

Zero. But even in the comic world, I do understand the motivation. It's meant solely as a message to the reader (usually a child) that vengeance is a cancerous ugliness that can eat away at even the best of us, until we are no different than the ones we destroy.... And that there is strength and wisdom in showing the ability to forgive.

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Watched Civil War last night.  Realized that I was way behind on my MCU viewing.  Lots of stuff I didn't get cause I hadn't seen them yet.

Made me want to watch Winter Soldier, Ant Man, Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3.

You should watch them in the proper order. Then everything will make sense.

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Dragon ball z is awful

You're awful, lolz

Off-Topic, but nephew was watching Teen Titans.  Here I'm thinking they'll at least be semi-serious, cool, I like DC.  They trying to find the Easter Bunny today, in September, and believe Easter will be ruined if they don't find him.  In their investigation, Cyborg (or whatever he is) and Robin are hit by cupids arrows and starting hitting on each other.  

I wanted to turn it off, very dissapointed in felt a sort of way about my 7 year old nephew watching that particular episode.  When my ex used to be here with the kid, I didn't mind watching what the little girl did, just to make sure it wasn't something think me or her mom would be uncomfortable with (actually have a soft spot for the boogeyman's daughter on Monster High).  But seeing what my nephew was watching, I felt like a parent that had no idea what my kid was doing while I was at work. Just wasn't expecting that.

I'm only 28, I'm not that far removed from the line pushing I was seeing on Cartoon Network as they started to make their own cartoons, both in violence and sexuality.  If anything, its just a reminder that if you don't talk to your kid about some of the more sensitive topics in this world, someone else will.

Archived