Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I rarely watch it either. You can't have me watching the cars drive around a loop 300 times without getting impatient.

Also, I'm tired of Jimmy Johnson winning everything. All he does is win the Chase. Is he going to win it again this year? :ols:

Oh, and I just remembered when Jeff Gordon won a race and the fans started throwing garbage onto the track. Smh

Hey, your boy Packman is on SiriusXM now with Eddie George, or something. Are you a SiriusXM subscriber
No. :(

Eddie George, as in the former Titan? Aw, man. Wish I could check that out. I miss Packer. But these two new guys that replaced him aren't so bad (Marc James and Taylor Zarzour).

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 01:49 PM ----------

I rarely watch it either. You can't have me watching the cars drive around a loop 300 times without getting impatient.

Also, I'm tired of Jimmy Johnson winning everything. All he does is win the Chase. Is he going to win it again this year? :ols:

Pretty terrible depiction of Nascar there.

As for Johnson: It's looking like this is the year his reign comes to an end. He hasn't run well in each of the two Chase races, so far. He managed to get a 10th place finish last week because a lot of cars ran out of fuel on the last lap. But he was terrible at Loudon yesterday. Finished 18th. He's currently 10th in points. I'm not saying he's already out of it, but he's pretty close. It's about time someone else won the title. Tony Stewart might get his 4th (he's won both Chase races).

Btw, it's "Jimmie".

Okay, I have a major beef with some analysts about the "pass pass pass" mentality when discussing championships.

'99-'01 Rams - Balanced

'98 Vikings- Balanced

'00-'06 Colts-Balanced

'07 Patriots-Ran the ball effectively early on in the season, but were so good that they decided not to later in the season, which was when their production started to slow down, and they outright refused to run the ball.

'09 Saints- Balanced, were top 5 in rushing ( I think)

'10 Packers-Balanced, ran almost as much as they threw during the postseason, until the SB, where they carved up the Steelers, and ran just enough to keep them honest.

Pass happy offenses don't win championships, balanced offenses win championships. If you suck at running the ball, you're screwed.

And I know that the Vikes didn't win the SB, but I'm just sayin', Robert Smith almost never gets mentioned. The Vikes didn't pass on every play.

Vikings and Colts are bad examples.

Pats used to run after getting a lead, they now don't. And have not won in a championship in a while.

Saints ran because they could pass, same with the Rams.

I think o-line run blocking ability is a big factor, moreso than the RB. To me, running because you can pass is not the same as not being able to run at all, or outright refusing to run. That's what happened to the Colts once their o-line started to deteriorate, that's what happened to the Patriots when they decided they were too good to run the ball, and became a run n' shoot offense, and that's what always happens to Andy Reid whenever he calls plays in a game with a 2:1 run/pass ratio, and his teams historically suck in short yardage situations.

It just gets annoying when some analysts just outright dismiss the running game and say that a pass happy team is the only kind of team capable of winning a Super Bowl.

US Navy Successfully Tests DDG 100 Advenced Gun Systems

LRLAP is a 155 millimeter rocket-assisted guided projectile designed to support land-attack and naval surface fire support operations in conjunction with the Advanced Gun System on DDG 1000-class destroyers.

“This test success represents a key milestone in development of the land-attack capability and represents a significant step in the tactical maturation of the LRLAP,” said Capt. Tim Batzler, Navy Surface Ship Weapons major program manager for Program Executive Office, Integrated Warfare Systems.

Both flight tests flew 45 nautical miles and met key test objectives including successful launch, GPS acquisition, warhead functionality, and terminal accuracy.

Dude, don't waste your time with that movie. It was terrible. Sooo not funny. And this coming from a guy that likes most of those actors. And it was a terrible depiction of Nascar. People like you will watch that movie and think that's how the sport really is.

Agree. The movie is horrible.

You don't live in the real world ?

I do agree that the movie sucks, and the best scene is at the dinner table. Not to mention, I am not a NASCAR fan. I understand the sport and watch it sometimes.

People actually think Anchorman is a good movie. No it is terrible.

Agree as well. Anchorman was so bad that I couldn't even finish it. Not funny at all.

And no, I am not a Will Ferrell hater. I actually like him a lot. I thought Blades of Glory was pretty funny, and I have enjoyed most of his other movies. Those two, though, are the worst.

Two Tickets To Paradise is one of my favorite songs.
It's nowhere close to one of mine. But it's pretty good, yeah. So is "Take Me Home Tonight", which is the only one of his I have on my iPod. He actually has about 5 songs I think are pretty good:

1, Take Me Home Tonight

2. Two Tickets to Paradise

3. Walk on Water

4. Shakin'

5. I Wanna Go Back

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 05:16 PM ----------

Old School was one of Will's best, imo.

Redskins nation is buzzing in Charlotte. I've seen countless cars decked out with skins flags and paraphernalia. I've seen zero cowboys crap, and i only remember seeing one car on Sunday for the Panthers :ols:
Yeah, but most of those you see are probably fairweather fans. And that's exactly what Panther fans are, thus why you never see any of their stuff unless they're winning. I have no use for people like that.

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 08:03 PM ----------

One more hour to go

I got some stuff due tomorrow

Stupid football weekends delaying schoolwork

ix, the career student. Grandpa ix.:)

We weren't ready yet...not at this point in the season at least.

Too many mistakes, turnovers, penalties, sacks, etc. One of my biggest concerns before the game was Hasletts tendency to go ape**** with the blitzing, and he did it again today. There was really no need to go jailbreak 3 straight times, especially on 3rd & eternity, when all you have to do is play conservative, come up, and make the tackle. I knew as soon as Romo escaped the pocket that it was all over.

I'm already over this loss though. It's too early to start the fire/release/bench/tar and feather threads, bt I'm sure that's what's going on in the Stadium. And speaking of the Stadium, I'm completely and utterly done with it, along with the ATN. I'm tired of other peoples bull****, tired of the mindless cattle people who get their opinions from other people who don't know a damn thing about football, tired of the sensitive ass posters, tired of everything. A lot of them don't have a damn clue what they're talking about, and constantly cling to bull**** statistics to support their bull**** arguments, and bring up the same bull**** every single time. If I catch heat here for it, so be it. I'm staying permanently in the Tailgate from now on.

If we don't go out and get a W against the Rams, not a "convincing win," not a blowout sackfest, just a plain solid win, I will start to get pissed. Hopefully we can learn from this loss and get better moving forward. If not, then we really haven't changed as much as we would want to believe, and will have to wait another offseason before we really get the ball rolling. Either way, I still believe we are headed in the right direction. It still sucks that we missed out on a 3-0 opportunity though.

Archived