Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest Regret in Life?

Cdowwe

In fact, my best advice to you youngsters is to buy property as soon as possible. There is no better investment than real-estate...

Great advice to the youngsters JRockster...bought my first house for 84k and just got my current house appraised at 700k after flipping a couple houses in between.

Great advice to the youngsters JRockster...bought my first house for 84k and just got my current house appraised at 700k after flipping a couple houses in between.

the cheapest house in my county is about $200,000. so long maryland, ill be back to live in you when i'm 35 :(

my biggest regret is jumping off of my friends roof onto a trampoline, bottoming out, and compressing a vertebrate. i essentially broke my back and didnt go to the doctor's for months because i was afraid to tell my parents. i'll have back problems for the rest of my life. :doh:

Not going to law school right after college. I'm still pretty young and have applied to start this year, but it sure would be nice to be done with it already. I want to marry my girlfriend and trying to balance that with school and supporting her, etc will be a *****.

You'll be able to do it. Law school is more of a pain in an ass than difficult. There are a bunch of attorneys on ES--let any of us know if you ever need help. :)

Tough one. I look at where I am in life, right now, and many of the things I have done, and wonder if the decisions I made in life that I regret making are the reasons I am where I am now. I do regret not trying harder in H.S., not going to Art school, and at times, regret not staying in the Air Force, ( joined in 1983. Stayed in 4 years). I do regret all the times I have hurt those I am close too. And for a couple of things I'd rather not talk about. And of course, all the hangovers I've had in the past....

Okay...that was a lie. Only a couple of those hangovers. ;)

I'm sorry about your loss. Thanks for sharing something so deeply personal and difficult.
That's very nice, but don't take that on. NO one could have saved him, but him.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, and the ES community was a real source of strength for me at the time

As time passes I am more at "peace" with him being gone, but that lingering feeling that I didn't do enough remains

chopper dave: "Two weekends ago I did acid, ecstacy, and ketamine at the same time. Worst thing I've ever done."

you have to be joking right?

I mean everyday you post how evil the President is. I would think it would be a bit hypocritical for a drug addict to be lecturing the rest of us on anyone else's character-

which is why I have to believe you are just kidding with us..

Does that mean anybody who has ever got drunk - even once - is a raging alcoholic with serious character flaws and therefore rescind their rights and values as a human being?

Where does it stop? Anybody who is addicted to cigarettes too? Carbohydrates?

No regrets in my life at all. There are some things that I wish I had done diferently at the time, but then again if I did, I may not be the person I am today.

I don't think everything happens for a reason, but instead life is what you make of it. If you think there is reason to your past, you can get caught up in the trap of not understanding your actions and the consequences of those actions, but instead think it was just ment to be. I like to live by the motto. . .

Learn from your past,

Look towards the future,

But live in the present.

I am the man I am today because of my past, and I would change absolutely nothing that I have done. Even the bad decisions and mistakes I made taught me a lesson on life, and made me who I am today.

Not asking Janet Jack to "date" at any point in high school. I had a crush on that girl for 5 years... and never got the courage to ask her out on a date.

I don't regret my life... I married a beautiful woman and I'm happy. I couldn't imagine a different life and I wouldn't change who I married.

I just regret never working up the nerve to at least ask.... I want some closure dammit :laugh:

i wish i went to a bigger/more well known school. william and mary was aight but i turned down admission to stanford, uva and u washington to go there. i'm getting tired of having to explain where william and mary is and correcting people who say "williams collge", "mary university", and "williams and maryland". :doh: i'm also tired of the WTF looks when i tell them how old the school is and that some of US's first presidents went there. :doh: :doh:

in hindsight i made a good decision, but the frustration with the anonymity of such a good school troubles me. :(

No doubt....no question about mine:

I didn't talk to my older brother more when he was still alive. He died suddenly about 4 years ago...I just thought that (say it with me), "There would always be more time". I never saw it coming and I look back now and see so many chances I had to call or e-mail him and I never took any of them.

It's gotten a little easier as time has gone on to live with but every now and then...there is that HUGE twinge of regret.

Easy, started smoking. Everything went to hell after that. Wouldn't call it exactly a regret, but life might of turned out better then it did if I never started that first marbol light back in freshman year. Things would be different. Happy with who I am now, but I shoulda neva started smoking.

Archived