Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest Regret in Life?

Cdowwe

Up until i was about 25 i always said it was never seeing the Grateful Dead live (i have now seen every member to play with them with the exception of those that died while they were with the band). But as i've matured i realize it is not taking high school seriously and therefore not getting to experience college at a college age. I regret missing the education as well as the overall experience.

Doping my way thru college.

On a similar note.

Two weekends ago I did acid, ecstacy, and ketamine at the same time. Worst thing I've ever done. Now I won't touch anything besides pot and cigs, and the occasional beer. Probably the best thing to happen to me, but boy do I regret doing it.

On a similar note.

Two weekends ago I did acid, ecstacy, and ketamine at the same time. Worst thing I've ever done. Now I won't touch anything besides pot and cigs, and the occasional beer. Probably the best thing to happen to me, but boy do I regret doing it.

ahhh.... i remember being 18. oh wait, no i don't.

ketamine is a hell of a drug.

That it is. I didn't really like it, but my friends sure did.

I would not have suggested doing it on top of candy-flipping. Its a tranquilizer and therefore doesn't go so well with uppers. I used to enjoy it until i almost fell into a K hole - we used to put it into joints.

I mean - i've heard you can do that. ;)

I would not have suggested doing it on top of candy-flipping. Its a tranquilizer and therefore doesn't go so well with uppers. I used to enjoy it until i almost fell into a K hole - we used to put it into joints.

I mean - i've heard you can do that. ;)

We used the ole "snort the precipitant" approach. The drip with that stuff was awful.

Not that I have anything to compare it to. :paranoid:

I have a few things. One deals with a woman of course. I wish I would have said certain things and handled situations better. I think sometimes that if I would have done that, the relationship would have survived instead of falling apart. I also wish I would have done better in high school and graduated from college at an earlier age. I attended college at an older age because I partied too hard in my teens. The plus was that I was mature enough to graduate with a BS and make good grades. The negative was that I was too old to really get the fringe benefits of college, such as hooking up with tons of young beautiful girls and attending huge parties. I guess another regret was not lying about my age to these young beautiful girls at college :laugh: .

chopper dave: "Two weekends ago I did acid, ecstacy, and ketamine at the same time. Worst thing I've ever done."

you have to be joking right?

I mean everyday you post how evil the President is. I would think it would be a bit hypocritical for a drug addict to be lecturing the rest of us on anyone else's character-

which is why I have to believe you are just kidding with us..

chopper dave: "Two weekends ago I did acid, ecstacy, and ketamine at the same time. Worst thing I've ever done."

you have to be joking right?

I mean everyday you post how evil the President is. I would think it would be a bit hypocritical for a drug addict to be lecturing the rest of us on anyone else's character-

which is why I have to believe you are just kidding with us..

I'm not about to debate anyone, especially YOU, on the morality of drugs. All I'll say on that front is that character and recreational drug use, in the mind of someone that isn't wrapped up in false social stigmas, should have no bearing on one another.

I never have said the President is evil, and you know damn well that you can't back your statement up.

Drug addict is a pejorative, loaded word that only someone like you, with a closed mind and backward logic, would use in regard to someone who isn't actually addicted to drugs.

That's pretty much all I have to say to you about this.

I'm not about to debate you, especially YOU, about the morality of drugs.

I never have said the President is evil, and you know damn well that you can't back that statement up. Drug addict is a pejorative, loaded word that only someone like you, with a closed mind and backward logic would use in regard to someone who isn't actually addicted to drugs.

That's pretty much all I have to say to you about this.

Gotta agree with Dave on this one - nothing wrong with doing a little experimenting, especially when you're young. That's probably why he's the only one who saw that chopper blow up.

Just because you do drugs does not make you evil, just because you don't do drugs doesn't give you the moral high ground.

Gotta agree with Dave on this one - nothing wrong with doing a little experimenting, especially when you're young. That's probably why he's the only one who saw that chopper blow up.

Just because you do drugs does not make you evil, just because you don't do drugs doesn't give you the moral high ground.

Well put. Too bad it'll never convince anyone that already believes otherwise.

I didn't buy a house in Florida that would have costed me 140K, I pulled out of the contract because I was freaked and I lost a 1k deposit.

the same house is now selling for 345k ... ouch. that kills me.

the other one is letting this witch of a boss torture me for 6 months until I quit this great assistant director position at this non-profit with, I'm not kidding, almost a dozen knockout chicks in my little area. it was an elementary school and they were all teachers right out of college, and the school was in ............MIAMI... :doh:

leaving that job was part of the reason why I backed out of the house ... but if pulled the trigger on the house I'm sure I would have stuck out the job. :doh:

hey, I feel pretty good letting that out ...

I didn't buy a house in Florida that would have costed me 140K, I pulled out of the contract because I was freaked and I lost a 1k deposit.

the same house is now selling for 345k ... ouch. that kills me.

the other one is letting witch of a boss torture me for 6 months until I quit this great assistant director position at this non-profit with, I'm not kidding, almost a dozen knockout chicks in my little area. it was an elementary school and they were all teachers right out of college, and the school was in ............MIAMI... :doh:

leaving that job was part of the reason why I backed out of the house ... but if pulled the trigger on the house I'm sure I would have stuck out the job. :doh:

Yeah man, my parents bought our house for like 170k in 1998 (I think, maybe 97), and now it's worth like 540k.

I cant say this is really a regret on my behalf but I do regret not being more assertive in life when I was younger, esspecially in the realm of playing football. I really could have played on sundays, but I did not have the family/personal support I needed through my teen years due to a divorce situation and I spent way to much time feeling sorry for myself, allbeit justifyable since I was a kid and had no real guidance. Well I did manage to play D-1 and it was ok, but I did not learn to have the "edge" I needed to have until I was out of college and in other commitments. I did want to help others get there so I got involved in a "big brothers" program for a few years until I met my wife, it had to end then because some of these single moms were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot..and they would melt when they see a man treating there kids well. I still keep in touch with the 3 young men I was able to help if only a little...you never realize the impact you can have on a kid.

On a similar note.

Two weekends ago I did ...................... at the same time. Worst thing I've ever done. Now I won't touch anything besides pot and cigs, and the occasional beer. Probably the best thing to happen to me, but boy do I regret doing it.

Don't want to put a damper on the partying, but a, stay away from all that exotic crap, or one day you'll be wondering "where did my life go", and why "the world has passed me by", like I did. alcohol is bad enough.

regrets? only that I could've gotten my **** together before 30 years old, I'd

be retired now instead of looking at 10 more years.

I asked this same question (regrets) of dozens of senior citezens, and they all said the same thing. They really didn't regret anything they did,

it was the things they never did, chances they could've taken, places they could've gone....

Archived