Extremeskins

Koren Robinson said he wants to be a Redskin

BrunellSuperbowl

Are you proud of the Redskins?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Are you proud of the Redskins?

• Yes
    • No

Koren Robinson would make a great #2 receiver IF he has a good head on his shoulders. Couple that with his return skills and you kill two birds with one stone. The fact that he says he wants to be here tells me that he wants to come in and prove himself.

I say go for it, if he indeed is an UFA. A managable bonus with some incentives tied in would be ideal.

Exactly what I thought. Gibbs might be more interested for his KO returns then his receiving skills. He was very dangerous on returns with the Vikes this year. Make him the full time return man, and let him compete with the other receivers for the number 2 and 3 spots.

Only problem is I don't know how cheap he's going to be after making the probowl.

Well, if you were having problems with alcohol, and wanted to change your life around and become a born again Christian, who other than Joe Gibbs would be a better fit for a head coach?

Gibbs would strengthen that and would want to help him out, from both a player and a person stand point. Gibbs is a great coach, but he's an even better person.

If you were a chronic alcohol abuser, would you play for Parcells?

You would be driven into the bottle even more.

He seems to have cleaned up his act in Minnesota.

The Seahawks realized they were stupid to rely on him as a #1 WR, but he could really flourish as a #2-3.

Depending on how much he costs, our WR core would be upgraded one hundred fold with Moss, Wayne, Robinson, and Thrash.

He seems to have cleaned up his act in Minnesota.

The Seahawks realized they were stupid to rely on him as a #1 WR, but he could really flourish as a #2-3.

Depending on how much he costs, our WR core would be upgraded one hundred fold with Moss, Wayne, Robinson, and Thrash.

I dont think we'll get Wayne AND Robinson.

But i find it funny that of all places he gets his act cleaned up in Minny...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235239

Robinson would be an excellent pickup. Low-risk, potentially high-reward if we signed him to an incentive contract.

The guy is an alcoholic but is going to AA meetings now. Russ Grimm and a couple of other old time Redskins also had alcoholic problems, but Gibbs handled them fine.

Robinson was a model citizen with the Vikings this year and stated earlier he wanted to re-sign there, but when Mike Tice got fired, I guess that changed everything.

In 2002 he had a 1,000 yard season. The guy has size and is really fast, unlike Rod Gardner.

The Skins definitely should sign him, as he can't command big-time money based on the past 2 years. In fact, I believe he played for the Vikings this year for the minimum.

Imagine if the Skins could sign Robinson and Randle El. Our WR and punt return problems would be over. :D

Interesting article:

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/13520441.htm

"Robinson signed a one-year deal that included an option for the Vikings to match any offer from another club."

The writer also notes:

If they wait until free agency, they could be seeing some hefty numbers. The veteran free-agent market is thin at receiver, which could help Robinson. The top receivers expected to be free agents are Terrell Owens and Reggie Wayne.

Although Robinson cannot command a contract like Marvin Harrison (seven years, $67 million, including $13 million in guaranteed bonuses), he could make an argument to be somewhere between Miami's Chris Chambers (five years, $30 million, including $12 million in bonuses) and Oakland's Jerry Porter (five years, $20 million, including $8 million guaranteed).

Before they signed their deals, neither Chambers nor Porter had topped 1,000 yards receiving in a season.

Robinson caught 78 passes for 1,240 yards and five touchdowns in 2002. But because of alcohol abuse, his numbers significantly dropped the past two seasons.

If that is anywhere near accurate, then I don't believe we'll end up with this kid.

There are plenty of options out there - at his price tag, Wayne won't be coming to town, but maybe Randle El, Brandon Lloyd or Koren Robinson could become the number two to add depth to Moss and Patten.

And if Randle El or Robinson came to the Redskins, we wouldn't have to hold our collective breath anymore every time Antonio Brown heads onto the field. Now, if Brandon Lloyd could just learn to punt ...

Interesting article:

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/13520441.htm

The writer also notes:

If that is anywhere near accurate, then I don't believe we'll end up with this kid.

I think the article is a little off base. He had is 1200 yard season 3 years ago. Had 22 catches this season. I don't think he'll command Porter money or Chambers money. And if he's said he wants to come here, I'm sure he'll be willing to work out a deal. That said, I think it's a great idea. He can provide a weapon at the #2 spot and we can get rid of Brown. Danny: day one of the Free Agent period, sign this guy.

Although Robinson cannot command a contract like Marvin Harrison (seven years, $67 million, including $13 million in guaranteed bonuses), he could make an argument to be somewhere between Miami's Chris Chambers (five years, $30 million, including $12 million in bonuses) and Oakland's Jerry Porter (five years, $20 million, including $8 million guaranteed).

This is inaccurate. After Seattle cut Robinson this year, there was virtually no market for his services, due to his past problems. Mike Tice interviewed him and decided to take a chance on him.

There is no way in hell he is going to be able to get a big ass signing bonus -- coming off his play the last two years. He will have to prove himself all over again as a receiver if he wants to make big money. 2002 was four years ago.

Yeah I know he made the Pro Bowl, but so what? Is anyone going to pay a guy a $10 million signing bonus because he returned 1 kickoff for a touchdown. Hell no.

he could make an argument to be somewhere between Miami's Chris Chambers (five years, $30 million, including $12 million in bonuses)

A little off topic, but damn Chris Chambers is good.

I think that if he was on a decent team with a legit QB he'd be one of the Top 5 recievers in football.

Koren Robinson is a really good Wide Reciever with a lot of talent. As far as character issues go, if he really says he wants to be here, that would make it seem likely he would be willing to fit the character expectations of this team.

It's kind of a sad attitude on this board that people think that if someone messed up in the past, we should just forget about them. That isn't the Joe Gibbs way- we had Dexter Manley on our team in spite of his many problems. He's a really good wide reciever, and if he is really comitted to being a good Redskin we'd be dumb to turn him down.

i prefer TO, He is big and would compliment Moss better. And does not settle for second place

TO doesn't compliment anyone. He's got too much of an ego to take the #2 spot. Moss is our #1, and should remain that. TO is just a hired gun for someone. He may be a nice guy off the field, but he is poison to a team in the locker room.

4.32 on an indoor track

.06 seconds slower than santana...wow

He's cleaned up his act and whats more, he did it with MINNESOTA the scandalous team. That's impressive and anyone that can do that can play for our team. He's worth a shot and out of all the guys out there. He's in my top two because of cost, talent, and attitude. Honestly those three things are my biggest factors.

1) Brandon Lloyd

2) Koren Robinson

I base this on being wayne will be too much money that we could use elsewhere and these guys can have the desired impact without thinking they should be the #1 and they will be low cost with a lotta talent. :2cents:

Archived