Extremeskins

Koren Robinson said he wants to be a Redskin

BrunellSuperbowl

Are you proud of the Redskins?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Are you proud of the Redskins?

• Yes
    • No

Chances are K-Rob comes at a very reasonable price. Vikings gave him a shot at proving that he had his life together. Seems like he may have passed that test. If the Skins are his first choice no way he should leave Redskin park unsigned once he visits. I think he, Patten and Moss would be something pretty special. (Provided we had a QB under center that looked in more than one players direction- oops, that's another thread huh?)

Now on a side note. Its amazing to me how many folks on this board really don't follow football, yet take every opportunity to judge a players ability or character. Making over 1000 post on a football message board kinda qualifies you as having more than a passing knowledge of most things football, or it should. Choosing Terrell Owens to be a member of your favorite team is insane. He's a cancer that has destroyed 2 NFL teams already. (R.I.P SF and Philly) Could care less how talented he is.

There's a difference between being character deficient (Hey T.O) and taking a wrong turn in life (i.e Chris Carter). To pass judgement on a man because he may have stumbled in life, even though he's taken steps to correct his deficiency, is harsh to say the least.

We get Robinson in the fold and half the passing game problems are solved. ( Now where's that thread that I can talk about the other half of the passing game problems?) :rolleyes:

the other field-of-play thing about him besides his drops is his concentration and his work ethic both on and off the field. a number of local players actually came right out and expressed approval he was gone, though he was liked when he first arrived. you're right about the speed. he's fast.

his legal/behavioral probs have include some anger managemtn stuff as well as the substance abuse. But as you say, I'd trust Gibbs if he wanted to give it a shot and I know change is always possible. if the downsides were a thing of the past, this would be an top-grade 3 wr set, with a healthy patten.

Just speaking in regards to his on the field play, he's better than Jacobs and Thrash. And alot less scary than Antonio Brown in the return game. That's taking into account the weakness you pointed out.

Gibbs would expect him to dedicate himself for sure. If Gibbs doesn't have confidence that Robinson would come in and work hard, then I doubt he would be invited to play here.

Chances are K-Rob comes at a very reasonable price. Vikings gave him a shot at proving that he had his life together. Seems like he may have passed that test. If the Skins are his first choice no way he should leave Redskin park unsigned once he visits. I think he, Patten and Moss would be something pretty special. (Provided we had a QB under center that looked in more than one players direction- oops, that's another thread huh?)

Like I posted earlier, a clause in Robinson's contract allows the Vikings to match any offer he recieves. If he "comes at a very reasonable price," then the Vikings will match it. If he doesn't come at a very reasonable price, then we cannot afford him anyway.

Yet this topic will be dragged on for the next few months...

Interesting article:

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/13520441.htm

The writer also notes: If they wait until free agency, they could be seeing some hefty numbers. The veteran free-agent market is thin at receiver, which could help Robinson. The top receivers expected to be free agents are Terrell Owens and Reggie Wayne.

If that is anywhere near accurate, then I don't believe we'll end up with this kid.

Apparently, it's no-where near accurate, because T.O. is NOT a free agent, as the article ignorantly states.

Like I posted earlier, a clause in Robinson's contract allows the Vikings to match any offer he recieves. If he "comes at a very reasonable price," then the Vikings will match it. If he doesn't come at a very reasonable price, then we cannot afford him anyway.

That's a shame, considering the only WR's I'm interested in are Wayne and Robinson. Hopefully we can get something done, one way or another.

I've seen a few people posting here that Koren Robinson represents a lot of upside and very little risk. I'd say that "little risk" is a relative thing. When he was in Seattle, he dropped about a third of the passes thrown to him. Depending on the situation in the game, that could be a VERY risky proposition. I didn't really follow his performance this year, but I did see him drop one that I remember.

If he ends up with the Redskins, I'd give him a set of sticky golves.

If I remember correctly, K-Rob did not start getting passes thrown to him until after Culpepper got hurt. Evidently Bradley the long necked and him clicked on the field.

Who is to say that Patten doesn't step up and become as dedicated as Santana and/or hell, the rest of the team for that matter? If David Patten rehabs and devotes the time and energy necessary to return to playing condition, K-Rob would end up as #3 and a KR.

On a side note, the thing I noticed the most about this team we love is the fact thay are becoming a TEAM once again, not a group of individuals playing a team sport. :point2sky

This is inaccurate. After Seattle cut Robinson this year, there was virtually no market for his services, due to his past problems. Mike Tice interviewed him and decided to take a chance on him.

There is no way in hell he is going to be able to get a big ass signing bonus -- coming off his play the last two years. He will have to prove himself all over again as a receiver if he wants to make big money. 2002 was four years ago.

Yeah I know he made the Pro Bowl, but so what? Is anyone going to pay a guy a $10 million signing bonus because he returned 1 kickoff for a touchdown. Hell no.

I get the idea a lot of the more enthusiastic posters haven't read the whole thread. Guess that's pretty normal though :laugh:

I also wonder on a Minnestoa team that sure was into needing/using receivers with the departure of Moss, why KR wouldn't have a little better numbers even allowing for Minn's other problems if he was so up to form and straight?

Just speaking in regards to his on the field play, he's better than Jacobs and Thrash. And alot less scary than Antonio Brown in the return game. That's taking into account the weakness you pointed out.

Gibbs would expect him to dedicate himself for sure. If Gibbs doesn't have confidence that Robinson would come in and work hard, then I doubt he would be invited to play here.

Absolutely agree. And as said, though I'm naturally skeptical after watching Seattle's dissapointments with him closely for two seasons, I'd be fine with it if he passes Gibbs scrutiny.

It would be a good move for several reasons:

1. This team doesn't need a 2nd wide receiver to come in here and demand touches, Santana is clearly the number 1. We don't need an 80 catch guy; we just need somebody who can come in here and catch 50-60 passes for 800-900 yards.

2. He's come a lot cheaper then Moulds or T.O.

3. He's younger then the other two

4. Has great speed. If teams move their safety to Moss's side he can exploit that on the other side

5. He can kick return for us......

I watched Koren Robinson play for three years at NC State.

He was here Philip Rivers' freshman year and part of the reason that Rivers progressed so well and quickly his first year, having started as a freshman, is that he had a true playmaker on his team.

I remember one game against lowly Wake Forest in a torrent of rain at home, K-rob was suspended for the first half because of some academic infraction. Wake got up 14-3 early in the third quarter and then Chuck Amato finally put Robinson in. He immediately returned a punt 60-sme yards for a touchdown and early in the fourth quarter caught a touchdown pass to take the lead.

In the right situation, the guy is a freakin' GAMER. we're talking speed and size, and Gibbs, we all know, can do the right things with the right misfits. K-Rob is a good guy, personal problems aside, and would be great here.

we NEEEEEEED another receiver. bad. and go wolfpack!

Archived