Extremeskins

Koren Robinson said he wants to be a Redskin

BrunellSuperbowl

Are you proud of the Redskins?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Are you proud of the Redskins?

• Yes
    • No

Oh lord, Koren Robinson has ISSUES ! First, off the field issues --- second, he has hands of STONE. As a Seahawk, he dropped a bazillion passes. A leopard doesn't change his spots.

I don't know about that. He did pretty good this year catching some tough passes from Brad Johnson. Plus, he is a Pro-bowl kick returner.

Receiving

Year 2005 Team Minnesota Vikings Games 14 Games Started 5

No 22 Yards 347 Avg 15.8 Lg 80 TD 1 20+ 5 40+ 3 FD 10

Kick Returns

Games 14 No 47 Yards 1221 Avg 26.0 Lg 86 TD 1 40+ 7

If I remember correctly I read that he is 6-1 and around 211lbs.Good size and speed.Still very young around 24 or 25 if I am not mistaken.Tons of potential.Could turn out to be a great player if his off field issues are resolved.Possibly a heavily incentive laiden contract,which probably will be hard to accomplish since he made the pro bowl.

I'm all for bringing in Robinson to be the #2 wideout. Seems he has matured a lot off the field which has translated to playing much better. He's just about to break out into a top level guy and if he really wants to come here then that's even better. Problem is if he really does a have a clause in the deal that states the Vikes can match any offer. I'm not sure how we'd get him then unless maybe some sort of compensation deal at that point.

My thoughts exactly. We should see if there is a lowlight reel of all the drops he had in Seattle...

Yes Koren dropped a couple of passes. But that didn't plague him in Minnesota. Also Gardner is slower, and Koren actually had a couple good years in Seattle. Plus he gets open.

He made the pro bowl as a return man, so even if he isn't a stelar #2 wr, he'd be a monster #3. Good move for WR depth, and if he's begging to come here then I'd bet he's more then willing or already has changed his ways with the drinking problem. He knows Gibbs wouldn't tolerate it, and he wouldn't want to embarrase his friend.

Oh lord, Koren Robinson has ISSUES ! First, off the field issues --- second, he has hands of STONE. As a Seahawk, he dropped a bazillion passes. A leopard doesn't change his spots.

Charley Taylor was known for dropping passes too, ironically.

Robinson's problems boiled down to alcohol. He appears to have bottomed out when the team that drafted him 8th overall finally dumped him despite trying to make a drive to be the best team in the NFC.

In a way, that makes him more attractive as a prospect because he's rededicated to his game, but it of course has its risks. I said in another thread that I'd like for us to take a look at RJ Soward as a FA pickup too. Soward's career as Jacksonville's 1st round pick 5 or so years ago was also ruined due to alcohol problems, and he too has turned his life around and is playing in the CFL.

These are guys who - if the turnaround is sincere - are going to work hard because they realize that they have already shortened their time in a league not known for the longevity of its players.

Does anyone know whether KR is in the league's drug program, and if so how many infractions he has?

Its funny that now you will see players wanting to come here not for the big payday anymore, but to get with a good Gibbs coached team. :)

Seriously, everybody around the league is noticing how our players love being here and the kind of thing Gibbs is building. Honestly, who wouldn't want to play for him?

Seriously, if you had some players on your team that was headcases, who would you want them to be coached by? I'd put my money on Gibbs.

I agree, he always had the odd headcase here and there. It spices things up a bit but you have to have that core group of character guys to keep them in line, and we do.

Chances are K-Rob comes at a very reasonable price. Vikings gave him a shot at proving that he had his life together. Seems like he may have passed that test. If the Skins are his first choice no way he should leave Redskin park unsigned once he visits. I think he, Patten and Moss would be something pretty special. (Provided we had a QB under center that looked in more than one players direction- oops, that's another thread huh?)

Now on a side note. Its amazing to me how many folks on this board really don't follow football, yet take every opportunity to judge a players ability or character. Making over 1000 post on a football message board kinda qualifies you as having more than a passing knowledge of most things football, or it should. Choosing Terrell Owens to be a member of your favorite team is insane. He's a cancer that has destroyed 2 NFL teams already. (R.I.P SF and Philly) Could care less how talented he is.

There's a difference between being character deficient (Hey T.O) and taking a wrong turn in life (i.e Chris Carter). To pass judgement on a man because he may have stumbled in life, even though he's taken steps to correct his deficiency, is harsh to say the least.

We get Robinson in the fold and half the passing game problems are solved. ( Now where's that thread that I can talk about the other half of the passing game problems?) :rolleyes:

Exactly. It's one thing to make mistakes, turn to vices in tough times, ect. It's completely another thing to constantly be a 200% self absorbed, whiny, me first, bratty little *****. That's an attitude problem, a character problem. If TO didn't mouth off and had been suspended be the Eagles for smoking a blunt after pratice in the locker room, I'd say give him a chance but the fact is he's just a piece of ****. Plain and simple. Nothing to rehabilitate, he's had a bad attitude his whole career.

Only that they are the same build, Robinson is significantly faster and even with his problems he still has a much better attitude than 50-50

the guy is right about Robinson = Garder when it comes to hands, Robinson drops a lot of balls, did you see him in the playoff when he was with Seattle, he could not catch a slant to save his life, he is talented but he will also be making you scream at the TV a couple times every Sunday. That's why Seattle went out a got a better possession receiver like Jurevicious who catches the damn ball, too bad hes old, we need something like that

Archived