Extremeskins

Koren Robinson said he wants to be a Redskin

BrunellSuperbowl

Are you proud of the Redskins?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Are you proud of the Redskins?

• Yes
    • No

Our current coaches and players talk alot about how great the chemistry is on the team. Everyone gets along well and all focus on a common goal.

Why in the world would any of you want to wreck that by bringing Terrell Owens here??

Afraid of him going to Dallas??? I say let them have him. In two years,that team will be in shambles.

As for all the Reggie Wayne talk...sure, he'd be great to have but no way can we afford him. Not after the performance he put on this year and especially yesterday. The man practically bumped his price up with some of the catches he made yesterday.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

As for Robinson, if he has turned his life around and has his act together, sign him. His situation reminds me of a young Cris Carter. Was messed up early then turned his life around to become a top-notch receiver. IMO, Robinson has that kind of potential. :2cents:

Hell, after the way Burress' career was resurrected in NY, I'd give him a shot and hope for the same. It's not like he's had a 100 chances

I'm leery, bro. watched him closely here. his relationship with the 'hawks was so much like gradners with the 'skins it's not funny.

add substance abuse issues to the mix and fewer touchdown streaks and you have KR.

complication is when he's on he's damn good. so if he could be rehabilitable...he could be a threat...but has never shown anything like Gibbs' idea of character to date, period.

I would sign Robinson as a returner who also plays receiver but I wouldn't sign him as a receiver. In other words, if we signed Robinson, we'd still need another, top quality. receiver.

That's the move to make. Sign Robinson to return (Antonio Brown looked like he was having an anxiety attack in the playoffs). And if he can't work his way into the WR line up, no loss.

I say if he really wants to come here sign him. He would not cost us that much money. He could help us out at WR and KR. I would love for us to get wayne but I think he's going to demand to much money. I do remember robinson when he was in college and he was a very good receiver so he does have a lot of talent.

Robinson has alot more potential than Rod Gardner ever had. He's got game breaking speed and would be a nice compliment to Moss. He does have questionable hands... but with Moss, Robinson and a healthy David Patten... that's some serious speed at WR. Added bonus that he can be used as a return man. We need one of those as well.

I wouldn't mind the singing as long as he passes what ever character test he'd have to take when interviewing with Gibbs. If Gibbs would trust him in that regard, then bring him in.

Robinson has alot more potential than Rod Gardner ever had. He's got game breaking speed and would be a nice compliment to Moss. He does have questionable hands... but with Moss, Robinson and a healthy David Patten... that's some serious speed at WR. Added bonus that he can be used as a return man. We need one of those as well.

I wouldn't mind the singing as long as he passes what ever character test he'd have to take when interviewing with Gibbs. If Gibbs would trust him in that regard, then bring him in.

the other field-of-play thing about him besides his drops is his concentration and his work ethic both on and off the field. a number of local players actually came right out and expressed approval he was gone, though he was liked when he first arrived. you're right about the speed. he's fast.

his legal/behavioral probs have include some anger managemtn stuff as well as the substance abuse. But as you say, I'd trust Gibbs if he wanted to give it a shot and I know change is always possible. if the downsides were a thing of the past, this would be an top-grade 3 wr set, with a healthy patten.

For whatever reason, Robinson could only muster 22 receptions on a Minnesota team that has below-average WRs.

I don't think that he's the answer as a #2, no way. But we will need more than one WR this offseason, so if the price is right, I'd give him a chance.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot, though...

Uhm... He's a Viking.

Well, hell, everyone kept saying he was in Seattle this weekend, it threw me off I guess.

I know he played with them for a while.

:)

Also I didn't find that out (that he played for the Vikings) until more than halfway through the thread...:laugh:

If he cleaned up his act he is a great talent and can be a hell of a receiver. He did have an alcohol problem. He really came on late in the year.

It looks like he has. Since his last suspension he has been a model citizen. I read a story on it (can't remember where), and it sounded legit.

Oh lord, Koren Robinson has ISSUES ! First, off the field issues --- second, he has hands of STONE. As a Seahawk, he dropped a bazillion passes. A leopard doesn't change his spots.

So did Darrell Jackson. I don't think I need to tell you that changed. He had a very good end of the year with Minn too. He is worth a good look. Would be great in this offense.

For whatever reason, Robinson could only muster 22 receptions on a Minnesota team that has below-average WRs.

Maybe the coaching staff was purposely being conservative with him, due to his past. That was evidenced in the one year contract they gave him. He was used primarily as a kick-returner and did well at what he was given to do. Maybe it's time he's been given a little more responsibility and see what he can do with it.

He's from NC so he probably grew up watching the Skins. Gibbs lives in NC. Springs can verify his talent. He would be closer to home and that's always a plus. Seattle and Minnesota are a world away from the East Coast( especially the South ). Get him some guidance and coaching and I think he may take off. He should also fit our price range.

Its funny that now you will see players wanting to come here not for the big payday anymore, but to get with a good Gibbs coached team. :)

And thats a great sign, people know how close the Redskins are to being a SuperBowl team and why not be a part of it while the positions are avalable. :cheers:

Archived