Koren Robinson said he wants to be a Redskin

BrunellSuperbowl

Are you proud of the Redskins?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Are you proud of the Redskins?

• Yes
    • No

I kind of like the idea.

There's not a lot of risk in giving him a shot. Despite his success as a return man, he won't command big dollars ... at least not until he proves his troubles are behind him AND he proves he can be valuable on the field.

He'd have to be a guy that we could cut loose at a moment's notice without costing the team much. THAT would have to be in his contract.

Seems to be more upside than risk, though.

I don't know... as others have said, he seems like another Gardner... and Gardner never had any off the field problems like he did. In Seattle, Robinson dropped the ball and lost focus just as much as Gardner. Was he trouble in the locker room at all? But hey, he seems talented... as the saying goes, incentive laden contract that would allow us to cut him.

Exactly. It's one thing to make mistakes, turn to vices in tough times, ect. It's completely another thing to constantly be a 200% self absorbed, whiny, me first, bratty little *****. That's an attitude problem, a character problem. If TO didn't mouth off and had been suspended be the Eagles for smoking a blunt after pratice in the locker room, I'd say give him a chance but the fact is he's just a piece of ****. Plain and simple. Nothing to rehabilitate, he's had a bad attitude his whole career.

Sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery and coach. Lets take Corey Dillon for example. In Cinci, he was labeled a cancer in the locker room, a "me first" kind of player. He was over the hill suposedly, but he became a free agent, took a BIG pay cut, and went to the Patriots. Now whenever he is mentioned, it is only with the highest regards, and is spoken of fondley as a team player, a leader in the locker room and as a class act individual. He also won a Superbowl ring his first season with them. It was a change of scenery that changed the player. Another example is Courtney Brown. he was a shmuck and a bust for Clevland. He came to Denver this season and has been over achieving for them. I would take a chance on Robinson. he has big play ability, and is expressing a desire to come to a team that has a coach known for his discipline and team first atmosphere. Anyone expressing interest in that kind of situation is ready to buy into it. :2cents:

If Joe Gibbs takes Robinsen, then I will trust what Coach Gibbs's decision. Its not like any other personnel move he has made so far has been a bust.

Looking at his stats, this is the first year he has done kick returns and he wasn't their regular punt returner. If signed, he would only answer 1/2 of our needs.

I have been advocating our going after this guy for a while now after hearing a story about how he checked himself into rehab. Everyone deserves a second chance and Robinson has a lot of talent.

Remember that Chris Carter had a problem with drugs early in his career and he turned out to be one of the best WRs ever.

I would definitely do it but would also hedge my bet by signing another UFA WR.

If I were the Gibbs, I would take a chance at him. Like everyone else has mentioned, if he's cleaned up his act, then I see another Santana Moss (werent they in the same draft class?) type of acquisition. And if he does perform like Santana, Gibbs should definately become our GM after he retires :D

If you remember right, it wasn't just Robinson that was dropping balls that year. Every receiver the Hawks had dropped a lot of passes. They had one of the worst cases of the dropseys I've ever seen, as a team, not just one guy. Coles dropped a lot of passes last year too, he seemed to hold on just fine this year though. When his QB could get the ball to him that is. Gardner nobody knows, because he was almost never on the field.

One thing I remember about Robinson was a statement by a commentator when he was droppoing all those balls the other year. He had just dropped another pass and the commentator said something to the effect of "It's a shame he's dropped so many balls. You start to wonder why the QB keeps throwing it to him and then you look at it and the kid is just always open. If he could just hold onto the ball he'd be an absolute terror!"

This year he held onto the ball pretty well, but was not a huge contributor because he really just wasn't part of their planning. He came in late and didn't know the system very well, so they used him the best ways they could to exploit his talents, ie special teams. He came on as a receiver later in the season when they started to realize how good he was.

I think this guy is serious about turning it around. Unlike TO, he has admitted that he had a problem and taken steps to get past it. If we can get him, I'm all for it. It's a risk reward type deal, but the possibilty of reward is huge. If I'm the GM, I'm going after at least two receivers this year. Then you let everybody compete in camp, and sort it all out. The more chances we have, the better our odds of success and the better our depth as well which could be big.

I've been watching college football closely for the past six years, and Koren Robinson is the best I've seen - in college.

What happened since then I guess can be attributed to his personal problems, but the guy I saw play at NC State was dynamic.

Maybe he can be like Cris Carter, whose problems doomed him in Philadelphia, but when put behind him, he blossomed into a likely HOF'er in Minny.

I'd love to get Robinson because he could be a #2 WR AND address our return problems.

I really don't think this guy will demand a big contract, most likely he will get a contract like Patten's. The kid only has 22 receptions last year but has all the talent in the world. I say bring him in here for a modest contract. It seems as if he really turned his life around and is now focused on football. After this interview I think he will be our #2 guy next season.

Charley Taylor was known for dropping passes too, ironically.

Robinson's problems boiled down to alcohol. He appears to have bottomed out when the team that drafted him 8th overall finally dumped him despite trying to make a drive to be the best team in the NFC.

In a way, that makes him more attractive as a prospect because he's rededicated to his game, but it of course has its risks. I said in another thread that I'd like for us to take a look at RJ Soward as a FA pickup too. Soward's career as Jacksonville's 1st round pick 5 or so years ago was also ruined due to alcohol problems, and he too has turned his life around and is playing in the CFL.

These are guys who - if the turnaround is sincere - are going to work hard because they realize that they have already shortened their time in a league not known for the longevity of its players.

Does anyone know whether KR is in the league's drug program, and if so how many infractions he has?

Its hard for me to watch so many East coast fans talk about this guy like they know him, though I know it's juts a normal thing for all of us to do when we really haven't followed a player on a far-away team. He had more than alcohol issues, bro. And he had a lot of locker-room problems too. And ask a knowledgable Minnesota fan if you can find one, how great he's been there. There have been more behavioral and playing issues. I imagine that's part of why he's looking for another home, again. Don't mean to seem so anti-koren, it's just the way it is.

Its kinda like reading so many "what about brandon lloyd" posts no matter how many times SF says no way are they letting him go.

I say sign him. He is extremely talented and a good returner. I dont think hes 5'8" like Antonio Brown either. All this crap about his problems and dropped balls, that can be fixed, especially with a fresh start on a new team ie: Cornelius Griffin who was never very good but always talented, now he got a fresh start and look at him. We ought to take the risk, i think it is worth it. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

I say if he wants to come let him come! I think we can def. use him. What ever he ends up being #2 or #3 receiver or even if he's just a kick returner (2005 probowl selection) the dude has skills.

For those saying he's a character risk; the guy has had problems in the PAST, this has been well documeted in this thread, however he claims to be "born again", I'm going to take the MAN's word for it. and besides did'nt we have a guy on our team last year (Fred Smoot) that ruined the viking's more?(just a thought)

Hello Fellow Redskin Fans!

My very first post. Not to change the subject but I heard through rumor control that Antwon Randle El from the Steelcity is looking to go to the Bears as a free-agent, irregardless of how the postseason goes? I know I am not in the right thread but this is my first NFL extremeskins forward pass! Would he be considered? I don't know much about the man personally but he has talent. I understand there are cap issues and am not certain of what he is asking (or demanding! for a salary). Could he become a "Core Redskin" if he buys into the BRILLIANT Joe Gibbs system? Sorry men, too much Guiness!

Thank you, Washington Redskins for a season I will remember for the rest of my life! However, I'm positive the best is yet to come but that is hard to imagine. I was content--at the time-- when the score was 13-7; Dallas favor. The fans unrolled the 20 ft. banner about who owned the Redskins and I loved the Dallas silence when Mark and Santana connected for the gamewinner but there were alot of Redskins fans cheering. 35-7 was even better. Who said revenge is a dish best served cold? The coup-de-grace was delivered against the Eagles which at the same time wrecked the Cowboys chances--and they lost against the Rams! Now their offensive coordinator has accepted a job with the Saints. Who owns who? That sounds familiar and even though I am from WV but I know that is not an AC/DC song! Donivans's mom may have her job in jeopardy and we know who could step in there! (snicker-snicker)!:eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

• 1 month later...

Archived