Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Negative fans suck and now will shut up :).

Art

I wholeheartedly agree. Check your negativity at the door, this is indeed our time to celebrate. Kudos Art for saying what the majority were thinking.

Yes, thank you, Art. Most of the time the gamethread gets SO negative, and all of these piss-poor new threads on how we suck and the season is finished before even the second half cause me to jump back to the couch and avoid the site altogether during the games.

we barley beat a 2nd string eagle team, how would we win a playoff game?

You're obviously not a Skins fan. You sound incredibly ignorant. They beat a division opponent on the road by ELEVEN points when they were down to cornerbacks who never played in the NFL before because the first, second, and some of the third teams were in the MASH tent.

If your'e a Giants fan, the Giants almost LOST to them a few weeks ago. It was a lucky backwards bounce of an Akers field goal that kept your team from losing the division.

If you're a Cowboys fan, you are a glutton for punishment after the Skins swept your team.

If You're an Eagles fan, I' l l t a l k r e a l s l o o o o w w w.

T h e S k i n s s w e p t y o u r t e a m.

Joe took over the pathetic remnants of a Spurrier-besotted team, and within two seasons, has them playing playoff-caliber football. Is there anyone here who still thinks that the hiring of Joe Gibbs was a mistake? If so, speak up - and face the consequences. :silly:

True. He had to tear down and rebuild. Besides the O-line and a D player here and there is there any resemblance to Spurrier's team? Not bad in two years when you had to rebuild a whole new offense.

The non-fans predicting doom just because we didn't jump out to a 20-point lead at the start of this game need to avoid this team from now on. This time is for fans of this team who love this team and hope for the best, not worst. If you are such a jerk as to attempt to ruin the feeling of finally STARTING to achieve as a team, go ahead and root for someone else.

And do it somewhere else.

I'm not sure if I should take that personally or what..

I said Brunell sucked today, and he played like ****.

I still maintain I was right.

That doesn't mean I'm not rooting for the Redskins, or even for Mark Brunell.

I just made a VERY ACCURATE observation when I said some players can play through pain better than others, and Mark, can't play that well in pain.

That is a fact, look at his stats last season, look at his stats today.

It doesn't mean I want a QB switch, or that I think Ramsey is a better QB, it simply means exactly what I just typed, Mark, can't play all that well through pain, the way a Donovan McNabb has in the past.

Now, to say I don't have a right to celebrate to me is not only stupid, but ignorant.

I'm a Redskins fan, and when the QB was playing poorly, and was playing through pain, I thought that perhaps a healthy QB would perform better, how that means I'm not a fan is only something an ignorant mind could conjur up.

The Redskins won, Portis is the player of the game, the defense stepped up when it had to instead of stepped aside, and I'm happy. But other than a long bomb to Moss, Brunell had one of his worst games of the season, and it's obvious from anyone whose watched him play before that his poor play was the direct result of having a bad leg today, thats not a diss, thats a fact.

The non-fans predicting doom just because we didn't jump out to a 20-point lead at the start of this game need to avoid this team from now on. This time is for fans of this team who love this team and hope for the best, not worst. If you are such a jerk as to attempt to ruin the feeling of finally STARTING to achieve as a team, go ahead and root for someone else.

And do it somewhere else.

I hope your not sending that venom my way. Just because I am a realist and see a team that doesn't always play at the level they are capable of, does not mean I am negative. This team needs to learn to play 4 quarters in every game. A more experienced QB in Philadelphia today would have spelled doom for this team.

Always so nice to sit on a horse and sling righteous insults at other fans.

What about the personal attack policy of the board?

I know some fans are tired of hearing complaining and doubting.

Well some are tired of all the folks that dub themselves "True Fans" feeling so righteous.

This thread is a prime example of a blanket personal attack against anyone that voices any opinion other that what the "True Fans" beleive.

This is a public message board not some private club for a select few who think they are all knowing and righteous.

The only reason this team won today was because of CP and the Defense.

Also the way the whole team was playing it was hard to keep a strong face.

They pulled it together and one, I am willing to admit I thought things were bleak and they were.

But CP and the Defense pulled it out.

I will gladly stand up and take my lumps for doubting that they could win the game.

However I still stand by the opinion that Mark is a liability when he is not 100% healthy.

Mark was the weak link on the field today, that is a fact.

The Skins won and I could not be happier, I did doubt though.

But what bothers me is that being a public message board there are alot of folks that feel they are better than other fans.

Any post that does not fit in with the "true fans" opinion get blasted by folks that feel they are so much better.

This thread is a prime example of what I mean.

A fan is a fan, and folks that get upset do so because they care for this team.

Did I doubt yes, Did I think Mark stunk the joint up today, yes.

Do I still love this team, beleive in Gibb's and excited to be in the playoffs, you bet.

4 more games to go, they can do it.

But it is going to take a better effort from the QB that the one that was on display today.

I'm not sure if Art is talking about every single negative comment or just the negative comments that aren't based in any fact, but more or less just blurted out anger.

At certain times a negative comment is just the flat out truth, so sometimes I don't see anything wrong with negativity.

But the threads started during the game today were just ridiculous. Some guy started a thread that blamed the game going the way it was on us fans because we talked about the playoffs during the week and didn't focus enough on the Eagles.

It was quickly pointed out to this brain child that we as fans were not at the game and were not the cause of the slow start. Threads like that are not just negative, they are thoughtless and useless.

I would hope Art did not mean that all negative comments are unwelcomed, that just dosen't seem like something that would allow for intelligent discussion. If we are just going to sit here and blow sunshine up each others rears about everything then i'm not sure how much a place like this would be worth.

Before the Dallas game a MOD (I think I know who it was but i'm not sure so i'm going to name a specific one) made a very intelligent negative thread.

He talked about Brunell's play vs the Cardinals and explained why that sort of play left us with pretty much no chance of beating the Cowboys.

His final remark was something like, "The Cowboys are going to kill us".

So again, I hope we are not putting an end to all negative comments because it has been proven that negative comments can be useful as far as discussion if they are well thought out and based in fact and not just mindless ranting.

To end on a postive note, the Redskins are in the playoffs for the first time since I was in a senior in high school and I couldn't be more excited! :logo: :D

I'm not sure if I should take that personally or what..

I said Brunell sucked today, and he played like ****.

I still maintain I was right.

That doesn't mean I'm not rooting for the Redskins, or even for Mark Brunell.

I just made a VERY ACCURATE observation when I said some players can play through pain better than others, and Mark, can't play that well in pain.

That is a fact, look at his stats last season, look at his stats today.

It doesn't mean I want a QB switch, or that I think Ramsey is a better QB, it simply means exactly what I just typed, Mark, can't play all that well through pain, the way a Donovan McNabb has in the past.

Now, to say I don't have a right to celebrate to me is not only stupid, but ignorant.

I'm a Redskins fan, and when the QB was playing poorly, and was playing through pain, I thought that perhaps a healthy QB would perform better, how that means I'm not a fan is only something an ignorant mind could conjur up.

The Redskins won, Portis is the player of the game, the defense stepped up when it had to instead of stepped aside, and I'm happy. But other than a long bomb to Moss, Brunell had one of his worst games of the season, and it's obvious from anyone whose watched him play before that his poor play was the direct result of having a bad leg today, thats not a diss, thats a fact.

You aren't a negative fan.....just an annoying one.

Quit beating your drum. Get off your pedestal.

No one cares how you feel about issue X, Y, and Z.

Just celebrate the win...and the playoffs. Quit worrying about your agendas.

I hope your not sending that venom my way. Just because I am a realist and see a team that doesn't always play at the level they are capable of, does not mean I am negative. This team needs to learn to play 4 quarters in every game. A more experienced QB in Philadelphia today would have spelled doom for this team.

I'm not sure I've yet to see someone here who's used the term realist to describe themselves has actually undertsood how that term is defined in the world of logical argument. Because that definition sure isn't well-represented by the posting styles or content I've seen employed by those I've seen to date. Yours is no exception.

A quick example: A true realist would never make the statement "the team doesn't always play at the level their capable of". The realist would state that each game played was done at exactly the level the team was capable of at that point in time and it could not be any other way. Real realists are literal and pragmatic. They don't engage in what-ifs or coulda/woulda/shoulda.

What you, and quite literally ALL the others I refer to, do is commit the ego pretention of awarding yourself a classification you think holds admirable value, just like saying "I'm being handsome". Actually, how the majority of other people label your communcation is much more likely to be objectively accurate than your perception of the same. Such announced "realists" here are usually just people whose speculations and theories are being given self-administered "special" status. There is such a thing as real realists though, so that could be a goal.

I will admit that i was negative for a big part of the game.. it was really an ugly game....

but it was also a very pretty game too because of how our team did not give up and they played with heart... they did not really have their best stuff tonight..but they still found a way to win.....

I was not negative overall.... but i was during the game for a good part of the first half... but i never gave up on them.. and i never will....

GO SKINS>>>>> whooooooooo

I found this winner of a fan.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135380

Just because the team sucks, and their name is a racial slur, and the owner is a little weasel, and the head coach is old and stupid, and the assistant coaches suck, and their players can’t play, and they overpay them all, and the fans are all ignorant, and their stadium sucks, and their helmet is ugly, and all their wives and children are inbred doesn’t mean that I’m not the #1 Redskin fan on the planet.

Guys like him make me wanna shoot myself.

I think.

:bucsuck:

Art, I assure you that there is an active search being done right now by yours truly that weed out those here that predict thumb. It's my mission. :)

Ah well, let me just turn myself in right now. I was very much in doubt around the 5-6 mark. Today, getting behind the horrific injury depleted Eagles, I was pretty emotional. But like Ghost said, posting on the game thread is not unlike simply yelling at your TV. What can I say? It's been a tough 6 years. Finally after beating the odds of winning five in a row - three in the NFC East -I'm a believer. Even if we lose next week, I'm extremely optimistic about next season. I think Gibbs has his core group of guys in place with just one or two missing pieces which will ensure that we don't have KC, Denver, and Oakland repeats next season.

:point2sky

Ah well, let me just turn myself in right now. I was very much in doubt around the 5-6 mark. Today, getting behind the horrific injury depleted Eagles, I was pretty emotional. But like Ghost said, posting on the game thread is not unlike simply yelling at your TV. What can I say? It's been a tough 6 years. Finally after beating the odds of winning five in a row - three in the NFC East -I'm a believer. Even if we lose next week, I'm extremely optimistic about next season. I think Gibbs has his core group of guys in place with just one or two missing pieces which will ensure that we don't have KC, Denver, and Oakland repeats next season.

:point2sky

I am HOLDING you to this Oakton!!

And you know I will!! ;);)

Blondie

']The Eagles weren't going to roll over and give the Skins a playoff spot. The Redskins showed me something I had not seen from them in a long time. I was actually waiting for them to somehow lose the game. I guess that is what a coach like Joe Gibbs can do for a team. Instead of finding a way to lose' date=' they found a way to win against a team that came ready to play.

Congrats. :cheers:[/quote']

Hey Art. Can we keep these proactive non-skins fans aboard :laugh:

like i said in the other thread, i apologize for overreacting, but its just how i am during the game usually... i still don't think im nearlyh as bad as most posters in the game thread.... since i missed the super bowl runs, this is one of the biggest games in my life redskin-wise, so i was so upset to see what looked like what was going to be another dissapointing loss.

the only times i've been outspoken was when ramsey wasted 2 TOs back to back and early in this game

Archived