Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Negative fans suck and now will shut up :).

Art

There is difference between being critical of the team, and taking a dump of emotional crap that you would never say in mixed company yet will still post it on this board. The latter I believe is who this thread is directed at.

Ding.

i admit i was being a bit negative today and i just stopped posting so i wouldnt say something stupid , was a lot of emotion watching the skins today beeeen sooooo long since this kinda stuff was going good for the skins so i mighta got carried away , but believe me whatever i said if i did say something negative , im 100% happy with eating crow >< .... HTTR !!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The non-fans predicting doom just because we didn't jump out to a 20-point lead at the start of this game need to avoid this team from now on. This time is for fans of this team who love this team and hope for the best, not worst. If you are such a jerk as to attempt to ruin the feeling of finally STARTING to achieve as a team, go ahead and root for someone else.

And do it somewhere else.

Going into the game, I made a concerted effort to watch our receivers (particularly Jacobs) to get to the bottom of the problem of our anemic passing offense. There are something you can see at the game - and on the sidelines - that you cannot appreciate on TV (ie. wide receiver patterns and coverage).

Given the "general" blame that has been spread (pass protection, defensive pass protection - double coverage, Jacobs' lack of talent, etc)... I figured it was a worthwhile focus.

Here's what I noticed. If I was going to place blame on ANYBODY about our passing offense... I'd put it on 2 things:

(2) Joe Gibbs. Not so much playcalling... but play design. The passing routes of our receivers are basic. You see any slants? Crossing patterns? Picks? Isolating matchups? Never.

Our receivers line up and run simple in-routes, out-routes and go-routes. As a BIG surprised yesterday... Jacobs single 7-yard completion was a comeback route. The same route he ran when he dropped (ie. defensed) the second time.

Yesterday, the Card defense yesterday was PRIME to attack via the passing game. Almost 70% of the game they were in 1-deep coverage. Corners playing man and 1 safety deep providing coverage over top.

Do you think they were rolling the safety to Moss? Nope. Common misperception.

Defenses have found "keys" in our passing game. It seemed they were always correctly rolling the saftey to the correct side.

Cornerbacks are playing 10 yards off of our receivers and turning and playing the go-route all the way. That's why our receivers aren't getting behind anyone.

(1) Mark Brunell. You want to stop him? Roll coverage to his throwing side.

Watch Brunell. He's very uncomfortable in the pocket. He won't stay in there long to deliver a pass or let pass plays develop. That's why he's running the ball.. or rolling out for passing and completing passes underneath.

We could have had Brad Johnson for nothing if we wanted a QB who will prioritize the check-downs.

He doesn't even look at the opposite side of the field... even when there's single coverage out there nearly 60% of the time. Moss and Jacobs each rotated to Brunell's right side... way outside.. and drew single coverage. Brunell didn't look their once.

It's a shame... but Mark is using half the field. And the defense is playing zone in between the hashmarks and the sidelines. That's why even if the Redskins player catches the ball... he's met immediately by defenders and taking hits. No YAC yards.

And 2 of Brunell's interceptions yesterday were literally thrown to a spot were our receivers weren't. Not even close.

Brunell is done.

We are going to get killed by the Cowboys.

I think the man that made this post is pretty well respected around here.

I think the last two lines of this quote are pretty negative as well.

Are we questioning whether or not this guy is a true Redskin fan as well?

Like I said earlier, negativity has its place when it is based on fact and is presented in a mature way. Which this post cleary was.

I hate to disagree with you Art cause I have alot of respect for you and your views but Die Hard declared the Cowboy game over before it even started in this post and you are calling others non Redskin fans for being negative after a bad first half today.

I'd like it to be known that I didn't make a post during the game today that was in the least bit negative, so i'm not covering my own butt here. I just think we all need to settle down alittle bit here with the fellow Redskin fan bashing.

I think the man that made this post is pretty well respected around here.

I think the last two lines of this quote are pretty negative as well.

Are we questioning whether or not this guy is a true Redskin fan as well?

Like I said earlier, negativity has its place when it is based on fact and is presented in a mature way. Which this post cleary was.

I hate to disagree with you Art cause I have alot of respect for you and your views but Die Hard declared the Cowboy game over before it even started in this post and you are calling others non Redskin fans for being negative after a bad first half today.

I'd like it to be known that I didn't make a post during the game today that was in the least bit negative, so i'm not covering my own butt here. I just think we all need to settle down alittle bit here with the fellow Redskin fan bashing.

Die Hard being wrong has been around since he denied Gretzky as the best player in hockey, but, the point is, Die Hard's post is absolutely NOT the type of post I'm addressing. Hell, Die Hard was even hours behind my post saying there was no way we beat Dallas if we play like we played against Arizona. Thoughtful posts are perfectly fine.

The gloom and doomers who actually appear ONLY to be happy when things are not going as well as you'd like and who almost never show up otherwise are those I'm addressing. They arrive with GLEE when things are down and disappear when they aren't. It's because they aren't actually fans of THIS team.

Come on, PCS. There's a special exemption for posts in the game thread. Outside of that is fair game, as they say. And I'm certainly guilty of that.

:cheers:

There is? Hmmm. I'll have to look that one up in the By-Laws. Exemptions for being negative about the team during the game, ( heat of battle?), as compared to during season in general. Get back to you.

There is? Hmmm. I'll have to look that one up in the By-Laws. Exemptions for being negative about the team during the game, ( heat of battle?), as compared to during season in general. Get back to you.

I'll simply restate what I previously said: The "game thread" is pretty much like yelling at your TV.

Anyway, enough of that. I just want to rejoice in this tremendous victory. If we can get a few guys back for next week, then I'm feeling extraordinarily confident for next week.

:point2sky

No. You'll root for the team by rooting for the team. You don't get to define that. You either like the team or you don't. Do you?

lol..who made you God? I watch the Redskins and have the ups and downs of every normal fan. When the Skins look bad, I get pissed. I've been known to boo, throw the remote control at the TV, and kick dogs (of this, I am kidding). When they look good, I am elated, cheer, hug friends and family, etc. I have been watching the Redskins for over 30 years and don't need YOU to tell me how to root for the team.

lol..who made you God? I watch the Redskins and have the ups and downs of every normal fan. When the Skins look bad, I get pissed. I've been known to boo, throw the remote control at the TV, and kick dogs (of this, I am kidding). When they look good, I am elated, cheer, hug friends and family, etc. I have been watching the Redskins for over 30 years and don't need YOU to tell me how to root for the team.

Again, I'm not telling you how to root for your team. The definition of rooting for your team is telling you how to do that. If you can't abide what that means, then the problem is you, not me. I get angry too. I was actually so irritated today I vomited during the game and couldn't eat. And, I continued to root for someone to make a play and make a difference and Marshall did then Portis did.

I didn't say everyone sucks, we're doomed, it's over, and if you did, then, indeed, you need me to tell you a lot of things.

Die Hard being wrong has been around since he denied Gretzky as the best player in hockey, but, the point is, Die Hard's post is absolutely NOT the type of post I'm addressing. Hell, Die Hard was even hours behind my post saying there was no way we beat Dallas if we play like we played against Arizona. Thoughtful posts are perfectly fine.

The gloom and doomers who actually appear ONLY to be happy when things are not going as well as you'd like and who almost never show up otherwise are those I'm addressing. They arrive with GLEE when things are down and disappear when they aren't. It's because they aren't actually fans of THIS team.

I apologize if I misunderstood who you were addressing with this thread Art.

There was a member that started a thread that was titled, "we we'll lose this game if Ramsey dosen't come in for Brunell" or something like that.

That is doom and gloom, he clearly stated that he thought we were not going to win unless Gibbs benched Brunell because he seemed to be hurt.

Though I did not agree with this thread I certainly do not think this is a thread that should be attacked, even having a doom and gloom tone.

Brunell did look hurt and his passes were kinda all over the place early in the game and that fan has every right to voice his opinion based on those facts that he thinks Ramsey would give us the best shot to win the game.

I see no difference between that thread and Die-hard's thread, both were doom and gloom based on facts.

You may have no problem with that thread either, I just assumed from your original post that you were going after all threads that were doom and gloom and saying these people were no Redskin fans.

Again, I'm not telling you how to root for your team. The definition of rooting for your team is telling you how to do that. If you can't abide what that means, then the problem is you, not me. I get angry too. I was actually so irritated today I vomited during the game and couldn't eat. And, I continued to root for someone to make a play and make a difference and Marshall did then Portis did.

I didn't say everyone sucks, we're doomed, it's over, and if you did, then, indeed, you need me to tell you a lot of things.

I said the defense was embarrassing early on. Does that not make me a fan? Let people vent the way they want to vent. They are going to do it anyway, regardless of what you say. I think you jsut have to accept that not everybody handles adversity the same way. Some are overly optimistic, some overly pessimistic. It's the nature of people, and sports.

The game thread today was painful to witness with the same people posting repetitive negative comments on their favorite topic.

One poster just ranted about Gibbs play calling over and over.

Another called for Brunell's benching time and again.

Another just repeated 'goodbye playoffs'.

And so on

A real fan can be critical but not one dimensional and repetitively negative. What we saw in today's game thread wasn't the behavior of angry FANS. It was the behavior of angry SPECTATORS or TROLLS. There's a big difference.

Fine by me. My only post today was this one:

I hope this doesn't turn into the Raiders game where the same go route is called for a sub par #2 reciever all game. Thrash isn't out running anyone.

Still think we will win though. The defense started looking horrible but I think they're getting better and will shut down the eagles in the second half.

See that second part? Dead on.

The game thread today was painful to witness with the same people posting repetitive negative comments on their favorite topic.

One poster just ranted about Gibbs play calling over and over.

Another called for Brunell's benching time and again.

Another just repeated 'goodbye playoffs'.

And so on

A real fan can be critical but not one dimensional and repetitively negative. What we saw in today's game thread wasn't the behavior of angry FANS. It was the behavior of angry SPECTATORS or TROLLS. There's a big difference.

Yeah, I'm guilty of making one of those posts when we fell behind in the first half, 17-7. I'm also one of those guys who lost his voice for nearly two weeks screaming my head off and giving opposing fans HELL at FedEx during the Cowboys and Giants games. So what? It's ok to vent every so often.

Some people are dense here. There's a difference between

"Brunell is struggling and can't seem to move that well, Ramsey would give us a better chance"

and

"Gibbs is an idiot for having Brunell in, now we're going to lose because of his knee"

Things like this were said, those are the kind of statements being addressed.

Some people are dense here. There's a difference between

"Brunell is struggling and can't seem to move that well, Ramsey would give us a better chance"

and

"Gibbs is an idiot for having Brunell in, now we're going to lose because of his knee"

Things like this were said, those are the kind of statements being addressed.

DING for the newbie.

It ain't hard.

DING for the newbie.

It ain't hard.

I specifically stated in the game thread, down 17-7 against an absolutely atrocious Eagles team, that the season was over. That certianly falls under the later category. I was venting. Frustrated. Trying to shake the NORVousness. I just don't think it's fair to label me, and others, as "trolls" for being emotional.

Anyway, congrats fellow 'Skins fan. Here's to the end of the Dark Ages!!

The non-fans predicting doom just because we didn't jump out to a 20-point lead at the start of this game need to avoid this team from now on. This time is for fans of this team who love this team and hope for the best, not worst. If you are such a jerk as to attempt to ruin the feeling of finally STARTING to achieve as a team, go ahead and root for someone else.

And do it somewhere else.

Outstanding, only they soon will return, predicting doom because of some player or the manner in which we do a certain thing.

Archived