Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how am i suppose to be mean to a guy?

dks1240

If you ignore him...it will stop. Maybe not immediately, but it will. No guy is that crazy.

i'll take that. and again, the only reason im somewhat paranoid is because of how quickly this has all happened.

okay, well looks like i've got everything figured out. and yes, i know it's not a huge problem...it's just annoying and i don't want it to escalate into a huge problem.

thanks for all the advice, if it gets worse from here ill just have to call up ronjeremy :D

The one thing that concerns me is this guy has shown a willingness to get physical. I didn't see that before. What do you really know about this guy? Without knowing all of the facts it's difficult to offer any sage advise. What we advise is probably approriate for a cute little college crush, but if this guy is stalking you, may only serve to escalate things. If it's worse than that, you need to enlist better help than extremeskins message board.

Alright, I didn't read the whole thread, but I got the jist.

First off, no guy, no matter what they say, likes to be told to stay out of it when another guy is hitting on their woman. Believe me, that pisses the guy off almost as bad as the other guy hitting on you. Fact is, he knows he could do something to stop it and you won't let him. At least at our age it's that way, we have egos and testosterone is at real high levels...

Now, onto the matter at hand... Don't talk to the dude, if he touches you, you need to let your boyfriend get involved, quick-like. As politically incorrect as it may seem, a woman saying "no" to a guy who's obviously not working with a full deck of cards won't stop him. A guy getting in his face, however, will stop him nine times out of ten.

Now, if you're completely against your boyfriend getting involved, the best thing to do would be to inform the cops of your problem. Actually, that's the best route anyways, but seeing how I'm always ready to beat some dumbasses ass for trying to make a move on a chick that wants nothing to do with him I sometimes think violence first... Bad habit...

Alright, I didn't read the whole thread, but I got the jist.

First off, no guy, no matter what they say, likes to be told to stay out of it when another guy is hitting on their woman. Believe me, that pisses the guy off almost as bad as the other guy hitting on you. Fact is, he knows he could do something to stop it and you won't let him. At least at our age it's that way, we have egos and testosterone is at real high levels...

Now, onto the matter at hand... Don't talk to the dude, if he touches you, you need to let your boyfriend get involved, quick-like. As politically incorrect as it may seem, a woman saying "no" to a guy who's obviously not working with a full deck of cards won't stop him. A guy getting in his face, however, will stop him nine times out of ten.

Now, if you're completely against your boyfriend getting involved, the best thing to do would be to inform the cops of your problem. Actually, that's the best route anyways, but seeing how I'm always ready to beat some dumbasses ass for trying to make a move on a chick that wants nothing to do with him I sometimes think violence first... Bad habit...

Agreed, you really can't tell us guys that someone is hitting on you, and wont leave you alone without us wanting to intervene. If you do have records of the guy persisting, regardless of you telling him you're not interested. Take it to the police if you feel that this guy is a threat ... which I would consider him since he tried to force you into his car.

You were saying that he was physically dragging you to his car but your friend stopped him. If it actually took your friend being there to stop that, this should involve the police. The guys not right. Chances of this ending without some sort of intervention are slim.

You were saying that he was physically dragging you to his car but your friend stopped him. If it actually took your friend being there to stop that, this should involve the police. The guys not right. QUOTE]

I agree. I can't believe it wasn't said until this far in the post. Call the police and File a DNC order.

Let's see here.....I like the ideas of blocking his IM's and AIM's and email's....there is way's to do that....I would hit forward on the emails he sent you and forward them to his girlfriend.....I can't believe she is still his girlfriend after all of this. :loser:

Next, until Nick gets home don't go out alone, especially at night. It sounds like you have a lot of guys as friends. I am sure they are very protective of you and would look out for you.

Finally, don't call RonJeremy, he is 7 chicken wings away from a heart attack :silly:

part of the reason i don't want nick to get involved is because as of now he is 400 miles away and he can't do much.

i havent heard from the guy yet today...im sure everything will be fine. the guy probably just had a few too many to drink.

the claws will just have to come out if anything else happens. :evil:

part of the reason i don't want nick to get involved is because as of now he is 400 miles away and he can't do much.

i havent heard from the guy yet today...im sure everything will be fine. the guy probably just had a few too many to drink.

the claws will just have to come out if anything else happens. :evil:

Just stay clear of him. Don't underestimate the fact he was pulling you in the car. That is not "normal" drunken behaviour.

Dks..one more quick suggestion. While the guy sounds pretty crazy, there's something else that should get it into his head even more than directly saying you're not interested...bring up HIS girlfriend constantly. Tell him how great you think they are together, what a great girl she is, how you can see them getting married, etc. (just compliment the relationship completely). While the guy has already proved his obsession with the car incident, if practically EVERYTHING you say to a guy involves their significant other, they'll get the hint pretty quickly. And before anyone brings up the point that he may then dump his girlfriend in hopes of getting with you, that's not your fault. If anything, you're reminding him of the fact that he actually HAS somebody and sounds like he's pretty damn lucky to. If he dumps her for something that is cleraly non-existant (a chance with you), then he's absolutely crazy, and if you haven't already, seriously get a restraining order (it's not that ridiculous of thing to get, hell, one of my best guy friends at college actually was in the process of getting on against one of his ex's). And who knows, if he does dump her, maybe you're doing her a favor by forcing her to let go of someone who clearly doesn't care about her. Finally, don't let Nick get involved. I know very well how a boyfriend feels in a long distance relationship, and jealousy creeps up(I'm sure you've been worried about Nick at points too, it's human nature)..while I'm sure there's no trust issues between the two of you, getting him involved is setting a dangerous precedent, because he'll probably expect to be involved anytime a guy hits on you or anything along those lines. Good luck with this, it sounds like a pretty rough patch.

You were saying that he was physically dragging you to his car but your friend stopped him. If it actually took your friend being there to stop that, this should involve the police. The guys not right. Chances of this ending without some sort of intervention are slim.

Good advice,after hearing that part I would kick his teeth out after the nads.

Then call the cops ;)

DKS,

What do you suppose he was planning on doing when he tried to force you into his car? You need to notify the cops. You have no idea what this person is capable of, and he's already assaulted you physically. This from a person you just met a couple of days ago. He is unstable and is a threat. Do not hesitate on this. This is a case where it is much better to err on the side of caution. People who are out to do bad things don't change their mind just because you ignore them or tell them to stop. If he's obsessive/compulsive, this will just inflame the situation. He's obviously scared you, so trust your instincts and go to the cops.

Tazer him in the nads he will leave you alone...

Really though do something, you have asked for advice and much has been given and your response so far has been "well I will just see what happens, so far today is ok", if this chick hes with is your friend round up a couple of mutual friends and confront her with this (for her sake) this dude is a scumbag and if he layed his hands on you he should be dealt with. I would rather see you do something now instead of do nothing and regret it. You will find in life its ussually better to act than not to act in the long run. If this chick gets crazy on you because her man is trying to get with you separate yourself from her as well....shes not a friend. If you get agressive with him (with back-up) he will probably back way off and leave you alone. He knows you appear to be an easy target for him and the longer you let him hang around the better chance he thinks he has with you.Get aggresive with this joker already take control of the situation and show him whos boss in this here town! THIS GUY TRIED TO FORCE YOU INTO A CAR HELLO!! You may be one of many this guy tries this crap with, maybe you can be the reason he thinks twice next time and some poor girl is saved from alot of grief. Get a friend or relative to come over and call the Police and make a statment.

This guy need Huckelberried------See movie (Things to do in Denver when your already Dead)

I dont think ignoring him is the solution here. If he is a big enough ass to ignore the fact that he has a g/f and the fact that you have a b/f, you are going to have to be rather blunt to get through to him......its unfortunate that you are such a nice person, but thats probably the reason this, ahem, "gentleman" thinks he can get away with this garbage behavior.

If you have it in you, I think a good, "HEY D***, GO EFF YOURSELF YOU EFFING WHATEVER!" is most likely the only thing that is going to get through. Over the phone would be fine, but in public would be just like kicking him in the balls. Make a scene, and i guarantee he'll never ever disrespect you again.

Ignoring it and it will go away works and everything...if you are like 12 years old. DKS I don't know you from eve but if you are seriously getting creeped out about this and really not liking the attention (some girls say they don't like the attention yet string along the conversations, meetings and such because it's exactly what they do like) and he has gotten physical with you; if he continues to contact you you have to be blunt and obvious. You tell him you don't like him, don't like or apprecaite what he is doing and if it continues you will consult the campus police or the actual police and get them involved in the situation.

I've seen it happen where crap likes this goes on and gets ignored or the girl is too worried about being "nice" then at some party the girl is drugged or taken by force into a bedroom...not to scare you or whatever but it's real life.

Secondly you must document all of this stuff. If he is texting you, you keep them, don't erase them. If he's IM'ing you, you record the conversation (not sure if that's possible actually but you can cut and paste to word if all else fails), If he is leaving you messages you keep them. If he tries to talk with you at a party or whatever try and avoid him, but if not, have a friend around you if possible.

Finally, keep your boyfriend in the loop and all but you can't let him get physical with the guy. It helps no one except the other guy who now would have an excuse to press charges and put your boyfriend in jail if it came to blows.

Not intended to scare you or anything but you have to be cautious.

haha right...if only 99% of you didnt live 2 hours + away from me :D

Hey in in that 1%, and i stand 6'1 260, played football until i was 27 , im still athletic for being 7 years older and almost bald :D

In all seriousness, just tell him to stop bothering you, or you will have a restraining order put on his a$$

Archived