Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how am i suppose to be mean to a guy?

dks1240

Nick shouldn't get involved. Too much emotion. Too many bad things can happen.

I like Fatty's advise. Get your friends to talk to him. Tell him that he is acting like a fool. That you aren't interested and are committed to Nick. And cut off communication. If that doesn't work, we can take it up a notch.

Long distance relationships are hard enough. I was in one for 4 years at your age. I've been in situations like this. Things like this will eat at Nick. Not being able to be there. Feeling pulled between his school work and you. It's very tough for him. The more he feels that pull, the worse it will be. Don't get him involved if at all possible.

Why does this guy have your number,IM, and know where you live to begin with, and then out with him again within a relatively short window ?

Seriously, you just met him 2 days ago and knows that he dates an acquaintance.

As a BF I would have a problem with that. Trust or no trust.

Look here, There are several ways to go about fixing this problem.

I realize that a lot of the responses you have gotten are joking and the honest ones are very similar.

Guys are stupid when it comes to hints. We need direction. Ask some of these guys their wives have tried to hint at them to get something around the house. Guys also tune out hints. That way we can always use the excuse, " well, why didnt you just say so?"

You need to talk to his GF about this whole thing and find out what he has told her. That is the key. Is he lying to her is he trying to play it off as a joke ?

If he is lying or playing it off then you can...

Set him up. Have him meet you out in a public place (Bar/restaurant) like a first date. Have his girlfriend show up with your roommates or ES big brothers (As a preventive measure/deterrent only). Try talking to him about everything and clearing the air before your friends arrive. He continues to pursue and the GFs presence is needed.

You should have no further problems.

If he has told her the truth about everything than her presence will be of no use to you. And you should not try this method.

I sense some mild flirting from you feeling that you were safe because both of you are in a relationship. Hey, I flirt with friends of my fiancee, but only right in front of her in an obvious joking manner. Nothing wrong with getting a little attention.

If he was honest, go with twa's advice. haha. If you are really concerned and creeped out you shouldnt be out with him, shouldnt be communicating with him, and shouldnt be in the same places as him, especially with Nick out of town for a few more days. Once Nick comes to town if the problem persists than a discussion between the men may be imperative.

Why does this guy have your number,IM, and know where you live to begin with, and then out with him again within a relatively short window ?

Seriously, you just met him 2 days ago and knows that he dates an acquaintance.

facebook.com :doh:

it's for college students, you can find anyone at your school who is on it and your profile has your personal info on there. it also happens to have a picture of me and nick in redskins jerseys and says hes my boyfriend (so the guy is well aware):

nick.jpg

and then the bar i was at last night is the big tuesday night bar for our college.

id like to think im not overreacting. last night in the bar parking lot, the guy tried to pull me into his car (literally drag me in) and take me home with him. luckily a guy friend was nearby and stopped the guy and told him to leave. this has almost made me let nick get involved.

You are definitely not overreacting. This guy stepped over the line...big time. I'd end all contact with him...

facebook.com :doh:

and then the bar i was at last night is the big tuesday night bar for our college.

With all of the identity theft now. I would never provide that info for random peoples access.

There are tons of Tuesday night places to go. We used to go to Santa Fe on Tuesdays at UMD. Dollar Bud and Bud Light bottles.

You have to protect yourself. An equal balance of street smarts, book smarts, and women smarts is a good thing. I little bit of male influenced outlook produces an attitude that is attractive yet respected.

Hope this all works out well for you. And hopefully no violence becomes of it.

As I read through the posts, GrapeApe has the best advice. Nick needs to stay away from this guy because only bad things can happen.

i've settled on that.

also the guy just got out of the navy...not sure i want to match nick up against him :D (kidding, im sure my boyfriend could handle himself)...but that's not the point.

this is just pissing nick off...and then i get torn between sugarcaoting the situation and not telling him when the guy does creepy stuff or just telling him everything straight up and know it'll piss him off?

and as for facebook.

only kids on your campus can access your profile. it's stupid but you get a false sense of security knowing that only kids you go to school with can see it. with AIM and having mutual friends, anyone on my campus could easily get that info regardless of facebook.

Dana,

If ignoring him doesn't work remember I live in the same town. Give me his name and number, I will make him...uhmmm...go away. :)

That's the ticket...tell him Ron Jeremy is your ex-boyfriend...who is getting out of jail this week...mention that he's been in jail for a few years...for murdering a guy who approached you and asked you out one day... :)

If I were you, I'd go to his place and stay overnight... and succumb to all his wishes.

Usually after a guy gets his release.... he gets disinterested pretty fast.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

since I called jb an idiot, I've got to be evenhanded here. Die Hard you're an idiot too. But you made me laugh like the fool I am. :silly::silly::silly::silly:

i posed this question in the thread a bit earlier:

so i'm set on ignoring the guy and not getting nick involved, we can all agree on that. but what if this guy keeps sending me text messages and all, do i tell nick? i know it'll make him angry...should i just keep him out of the lope unless the guy starts getting ridiciulous? or do i keep nick posted even though itll piss him off?

Doesn't Nick visit this site?

Can you set your IM to ignore?

Get his girlfriend's e-mail address. Copy/paste his IM's and send them to her. If you have his e-mail address copy him on the letter that you send to her.

yea nick already scanned through the thread but he already knows everything that has happened up to this point and he has told me what he wants to do (he wants me to tell the guy to go away or he is going to tell him himself).

and i dont really want to get involved with that guy's girlfriend...i told her he was being a creep and i think that's enough.

i posed this question in the thread a bit earlier:

so i'm set on ignoring the guy and not getting nick involved, we can all agree on that. but what if this guy keeps sending me text messages and all, do i tell nick? i know it'll make him angry...should i just keep him out of the lope unless the guy starts getting ridiciulous? or do i keep nick posted even though itll piss him off?

If you ignore him...it will stop. Maybe not immediately, but it will. No guy is that crazy.

Archived