Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm [S]alivating! It's a rookie QB from Harvard for crying out loud!

FunBunch7

Do not sleep on the Rams or this young QB. We have not exactly been killing the young QB's we've played against this year. Orton nearly beat us in the 4th qtr before an INTand Simms just ripped us, even though he was coming off two horrid performances. The scary thing to me as that neither Orton nor Simms had half the weapons that Fitzpatrick will have on Sunday. Last week we finally got some pressure on a QB but there were a lot of guys open down field. The Chargers were simply dropping a lot of passes. I don't expect Holt and Bruce to drop many balls Sunday. If they pick up our blitz we are gonna get burned. AND, if the Rams are smart they will feed Jackson the ball a lot. He is a very talented back and I fear that our defense could get worn down and give up big plays to Jackson or Faulk late in the game. I know that their D doesn't look great but neither did the Raiders'. If our offense plays down to their defense we could be in big trouble.

With all that negativity out of the way, I do hope that we can pull this game off. If we lose I'm afraid that Gibbs will be pressured to play Campbell. If we play Campbell this year than next year kinda turns into a rebuilding year. Granted I don't know how Campbell would do but if he plays now we are stuck with him and the Brunell/Ramsey tenure is over. Bottomline we need to win this game.

Rams offense can kill us. Plain and simple. if they get into a grove they will shread us to pieces. Pace is playing and that along tell me we will have a very hard time getting to the rookie.

What killed my confidence about our team is how we played against the Raiders. here was a team that had a very mediocre defense and yet we couldn't do anything against them in the passing game. Our offense seems to be playing down to the level of the opponet. One week we score 28 points against the number one defense in the league and the following week we score 6 against a very average at best D.

The only way we win this game is to come out on offense with both guns blazing like we did with SF. We will need to put up at least 21 points to win this one but more likely 24-28 will do it. As for going against a rookie Qb this kid has the ability to make nice throws and he has the weapons. If we can't get to him ala Simms in Tampa he will burn us. its a must win for us and in fact if this team has any f-ing guts they need to pull the next two out with a comfortable score so that when we play the cowgirls we will have regain the confidence we had in the beginning of the season.

You know, it's annoying when people use all caps out of context.

However, I'm always amazed to see people who cap the first letter of each word. I mean, that takes skill, you've got to know when to hold down the shift key. But then you also have to make sure you don't accidentally hold it too long or else the first 2 letters of the word are capped and that just doesn't make sense.

he had it in all caps. but when you have something in all caps on this site it makes it so just the first letter is in caps of all words.

However, I'm always amazed to see people who cap the first letter of each word. I mean, that takes skill, you've got to know when to hold down the shift key. But then you also have to make sure you don't accidentally hold it too long or else the first 2 letters of the word are capped and that just doesn't make sense.

Actually, the entire message was typed in caps. I don't know how or why it came out typed the way it did. Why don't you research it and let me know?

Okay, okay, not too get ahead of myself, but we are playing a 3rd string QB from Harvard! Yeah, he looked great against Houston, but then again, hasn't everybody? I'm not sure Houston would even get a BCS bid if they played Division I from the outset of the season. USC could probably lay 30 on them and it took the Rams OT to beat them.

This game is actually quait a relief. If we win, which we should, we will gain momentum for Arizona then our "3-pack" to end the season. If we lose, which we shouldn't, tehn, well, let's not even go there.

We almost shutout the last rookie we faced in Kyle Orton and he actually came from a real football school...not Harvard. Chris Simms is young, but he has pedigree plus a couple years as a back up.

If ever we were going to bring the kitchen sink, this is it! Can you say "zone blitz"????

You are saying "from Harvard" like he is coming from a junior college. You do realize how smart you have to be to go there right? And to be NFL good coming out of there just speaks about the guy mentally. Even the dumbest guys wont have a problem finding Holt,Bruce and Curtis. You should be more worried about Curtis and his sub 4.3 speed being matched up with Harris than what college Fitzpatrick went to. By the way, what college did Jerry Rice go to?

Lets see last time we played a rookie QB... one who had played horrably...

He torched us to the tune of 36 points.

Did I miss something? What rookie QB torched us for 36 points?

Thought you guys might enjoy this. From Fitzpatrick's draft profile from NFL.com

The level of competition he faces is mediocre, at best. He has great confidence in his ability vs. this competition, but it will get him into trouble, as he will make some poor decisions in attempts to challenge the coverage. When he throws into tight quarters, it will sometimes result in a costly interception..…

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/fitzpatrick_ryan

We shouldn't take Fitzpatrick lightly. If you remember Marc Bulger was the Rams third string QB at one time. No, he's not going to light up the Skins like he did the Texans. The Rams wasn't doing anything against the Texans until Fitzpatrick got in there.

Just like we were salivating at playing Kyle Orton? Don't think that game worked out quite like everyone thought.

And the Rams have a history of no name QBs playing well (see Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger). So I wouldn't get to excited just yet. He did throw 3 TDs last week.

You and me both. I don't understand how it could cross anyone's mind to even write like that. Maybe he's a headline writer...who knows.

Anyway, I'm not sitting back all happy and relaxed expecting ANY win from this team at this point. There is no telling which team is going to show up, so I'll just watch and hope.

Archived