Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm [S]alivating! It's a rookie QB from Harvard for crying out loud!

FunBunch7

Okay, okay, not too get ahead of myself, but we are playing a 3rd string QB from Harvard! Yeah, he looked great against Houston, but then again, hasn't everybody? I'm not sure Houston would even get a BCS bid if they played Division I from the outset of the season. USC could probably lay 30 on them and it took the Rams OT to beat them.

This game is actually quait a relief. If we win, which we should, we will gain momentum for Arizona then our "3-pack" to end the season. If we lose, which we shouldn't, tehn, well, let's not even go there.

We almost shutout the last rookie we faced in Kyle Orton and he actually came from a real football school...not Harvard. Chris Simms is young, but he has pedigree plus a couple years as a back up.

If ever we were going to bring the kitchen sink, this is it! Can you say "zone blitz"????

Okay, okay, not too get ahead of myself, but we are playing a 3rd string QB from Harvard! Yeah, he looked great against Houston, but then again, hasn't everybody? I'm not sure Houston would even get a BCS bid if they played Division I from the outset of the season. USC could probably lay 30 on them and it took the Rams OT to beat them.

This game is actually quait a relief. If we win, which we should, we will gain momentum for Arizona then our "3-pack" to end the season. If we lose, which we shouldn't, tehn, well, let's not even go there.

We almost shutout the last rookie we faced in Kyle Orton and he actually came from a real football school...not Harvard. Chris Simms is young, but he has pedigree plus a couple years as a back up.

If ever we were going to bring the kitchen sink, this is it! Can you say "zone blitz"????

Wow, NO college team EVER would beat a professional team no matter how bad they are in the NFL. Period. The NFL is a COMPLETELY different level than the NCAA. I mean seriously, give me a break. Houston, Arizona, etc. would CRUSH Texas, USC, etc. Is this even a debate?

If We Lose To This Kid, We Can Say That We Officially Suck. I Agree, With Their Defense And A 3rd String Qb In, This Should Be A Gimme W.

You know, it's annoying when people use all caps out of context.

However, I'm always amazed to see people who cap the first letter of each word. I mean, that takes skill, you've got to know when to hold down the shift key. But then you also have to make sure you don't accidentally hold it too long or else the first 2 letters of the word are capped and that just doesn't make sense.

You know, it's annoying when people use all caps out of context.

However, I'm always amazed to see people who cap the first letter of each word. I mean, that takes skill, you've got to know when to hold down the shift key. But then you also have to make sure you don't accidentally hold it too long or else the first 2 letters of the word are capped and that just doesn't make sense.

Wait, I think this guy is a lawyer. They teach "them" to write like this in "those places"......

I'm salivating too, but we already saw someone who was basically a rookie (chris simms) tear us up like we were the texans, for crying out loud. I'm not sleeping on the Rams, i don't care if they had my little bro playing at quarterback, or Peyton. Keep in mind he has two of the most consistent top receivers in the game (Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce) to help him out, plus the #1 pass game in the league, and that spells trouble for our defense. I hope we make him look like Alex Smith in our game against San Fran, but if it's close, i won't be suprised.

I hope he fares poorly, but he's good. He lit it up at one of the Senior Bowls, and as much as Martz might be a jackass when it comes to game management, he can pick QBs. After letting Chris Simms shred them, and then making Drew Brees look inept, I will no longer be surprised if the Redskins allow the kind of opposing QB performance that leaves us all scratching our heads.

It would be very dissapointing if the Skins underestimate Ryan Fitzpatrick. He thrashed the Texans. Not that they're great, but they do have a decent secondary.

And lets not forget the talent on that offense. Stephen Jackson is a fine back. Actually, he's the kind of back that Gibbs would have drafted. Big and powerful. Can carry it 30+ a game (if they let him).

Then we have the Oling. Pace is playing very well, so that's gonna lock up that side unless we overload on the blitz. The rest of the Oline is playing pretty well as well, despite the injury to Bulger.

Then there is Torry Holt. One of the best. We couldn't stop Galloway or Jerry Porter. And its pretty obvious to other teams that the Skins don't switch the CBs and you can line up whoever you want on Harris. And I'm sure Holt is salivating at the opportunity to take Rogers one on one.

Now for Ryan Fitzpatrick. I think he looked quite good. He's got the ability. He was making some impressive throws in the Houston/Rams game. And we know he's gotta be smart. He went to Harvard!! (at least, I hope that means something). The only question is his inexperience. And he has a coach and system that seems to breed good QBs.

The focus point of the Skins defense is going to have to be to stop Jackson and the running game. Then come after Ryan Fitzpatrick and don't give up the big play.

If We Lose To This Kid, We Can Say That We Officially Suck. I Agree, With Their Defense And A 3rd String Qb In, This Should Be A Gimme W.

I completely agree. He is a 3rd string rookie quarterback. I know how Gibbs' doesn't like for people to favor his team, but come on, this game is as must win.

I'm salivating too, but we already saw someone who was basically a rookie (chris simms) tear us up like we were the texans, for crying out loud. I'm not sleeping on the Rams, i don't care if they had my little bro playing at quarterback, or Peyton. Keep in mind he has two of the most consistent top receivers in the game (Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce) to help him out, plus the #1 pass game in the league, and that spells trouble for our defense. I hope we make him look like Alex Smith in our game against San Fran, but if it's close, i won't be suprised.

Whoah there, Simms has been learning from gruden on the bench for 2 years before this one. You have to give him some credit he had some really good reads and made perfect throws. I know Ramsey would've over/underthrown half of those long passes.

PASS RUSH!!! We started to finally get some pressure on Brees last week, and what 3 interceptions? but it needs to get much better. And we need to get some pressure with our front 4. It seems like even when we come with 8 or 9 in the box we can't generate a pass rush. I think this has been our biggest problem by far this year, even more so than turnovers. Come on, QB's at this level can put the ball where they want when given all day. No pass rush = average QB's picking you apart!

Here's another equation for you........ Pressure on the QB = Turnovers = WAS at 8-3 or 9-2.

:helmet:

Archived