Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP : Michael Irvin Arrested (MERGED)

FightForOldDC21

OK, Jesus having mercy on those who crucified him, and you defending Michael Irvin for being a crackhead with the same line? I have now...undeniably...seen it all. :doh:

Who's defending Michael Irvin? The issue is being happy about his setback. Since you mentioned Jesus, Proverbs 24:17 says, "Do not gloat when your enemey falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice."

The man "was" your enemy on the gridiron. He shouldn't be your enemy in real life. You don't know what you are doing when you can't separate the sport of pro football from everyday life.

I'd admit i was joking also, but in all seriousness it is a sad turn of events for him. And this is coming from a major hater of M.I. (on the playing field). I don't know him personally, but if the allegations are true then i wish him the best in defeating that demon. We all have some dirt to deal with in our hearts so I don't think we should cast any stones.

Right now, I'm ashamed to be a Redskin fan. How can anyone be happy about what happened to Irvin? I hate the Cowboys team, but I don't hate players, and I don't celebrate when these sorts of error in judgment are made.

This man has a wife and children who are negatively affected by his actions, not to mention the personal embarrassment to a man fighting to beat his drug problems. I would not wish this on anyone.

Michael Irvin is a human being first! This is no laughing matter and may God forgive you for you know not what you do.

Irvin Is a fool. I have no sympathy for Mr. ''Three time Superbowl Champion, Three Rings on my Fingers''.

I'd admit i was joking also, but in all seriousness it is a sad turn of events for him. And this is coming from a major hater of M.I. (on the playing field). I don't know him personally, but if the allegations are true then i wish him the best in defeating that demon. We all have some dirt to deal with in our hearts so I don't think we should cast any stones.

I appreciate your reply and I know some are just joking. On the other hand, if sports makes people this coldhearted towards another human being, my question is, Who's actually smoking the crackpipe?" Some people can't see that this behavior lacks compassion and class. Yet they think they are better than Michael Irvin! My advice would be for them to put the "sports" crackpipe down.

I don't think Irvin would be happy about it if it happened to them, because he knows first hand how powerful and destructive drug addition is.

Well let's be realistic here. Since Irvin has had a previous history with drugs. Drug paraphernalia could be anything at this point. Even the author doesn't know what kind of paraphernalia was found.

I will just wait and see what happens. But if it turns out to be a drug related offense. Then Irvin will deserve everything he gets after that point.

Well let's be realistic here. Since Irvin has had a previous history with drugs. Drug paraphernalia could be anything at this point. Even the author doesn't know what kind of paraphernalia was found.

I will just wait and see what happens. But if it turns out to be a drug related offense. Then Irvin will deserve everything he gets after that point.

I can respect that. If the story is true, I hope he beats this thing. If it takes being fired from ESPN or going to prison to beat it, then so be it. Whatever it takes.

In case you guys did not realize he was arrested for a warrant from a speeding ticket not anything drug related. The drug paraphenelia charger is a misdemeanor that only gets you a ticket in the state of Texas and what constitues as paraphenelia is a long list of items some that can be used with drugs or as a regular household item. But make no mistake he did not have any drugs and was not arrested on any drug charge

This does not suprise me at all. You'd think he was high with half the crap that flies out of his mouth.

I have to admit the way he defends the indefensible TO has made me wonder the same thing. I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, or trying to see it from their point of view, but come on! :)

If we had a player that was busted on the same thing more than once, then we wouldn't throw stones. I'm sorry but Irvin's been in trouble for this before. And that definitely warrants the criticism he is receiving from us. Don't like it? Go to some other forum.

Two words:

Dexter Manley.

Now get back in your glass house.

Archived