Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP : Michael Irvin Arrested (MERGED)

FightForOldDC21

Didn't some former Redskin get busted a year or two ago for cocain possesion. I belive he got pulled over in a car that belonged to an organization that helped troubled youth. Then he blamed it on the kids. In the end it came out that it was his. Pathetic, Redskins can never take responsibility for their own actions, its always someone else's fault.

I wouldn't throw stones in a glass house if I were you guys.

Didn't some former Redskin get busted a year or two ago for cocain possesion. I belive he got pulled over in a car that belonged to an organization that helped troubled youth. Then he blamed it on the kids. In the end it came out that it was his. Pathetic, Redskins can never take responsibility for their own actions, its always someone else's fault.

If we had a player that was busted on the same thing more than once, then we wouldn't throw stones. I'm sorry but Irvin's been in trouble for this before. And that definitely warrants the criticism he is receiving from us. Don't like it? Go to some other forum.

Guest sith lord
Also didn't Timmy smith just get busted 2 months ago?

Pot meet Kettle

Timmy Smith was a great Redskin for one very important game. Micheal Irvin is "Mr Cowboy".

Be nice If It did. Didnt think anything could put a smile on my face after this loss. :):D :laugh:

Right now, I'm ashamed to be a Redskin fan. How can anyone be happy about what happened to Irvin? I hate the Cowboys team, but I don't hate players, and I don't celebrate when these sorts of error in judgment are made.

This man has a wife and children who are negatively affected by his actions, not to mention the personal embarrassment to a man fighting to beat his drug problems. I would not wish this on anyone.

Michael Irvin is a human being first! This is no laughing matter and may God forgive you for you know not what you do.

PLANO, Texas (Nov. 27, 2005) -- Former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia after police searched his vehicle during a traffic stop, Plano police said.

Irvin, a semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, was arrested on an outstanding warrant for speeding in Irving after being pulled over Nov. 25 for speeding in Plano, the Plano Police Department said. Police spokesman Mike Johnson said he didn't know what kind of paraphernalia was found.

Irvin paid a fine on the speeding ticket and posted bond on the drug paraphernalia possession charge. He was released about an hour after he was pulled over.

Irvin, a member of three Super Bowl championship teams with the Cowboys, retired in July 2000 and works as a studio analyst for ESPN.

An ESPN spokesman had no immediate comment.

In 1996, Irvin pleaded no contest to felony cocaine possession in exchange for four years of deferred probation, a $10,000 fine and dismissal of misdemeanor marijuana possession charges.

Irvin holds Cowboys records for catches (750), receiving yards (11,904) and 100-yard games (47), including a team-record seven in a row in 1991.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/9065640

Didn't some former Redskin get busted a year or two ago...**for overdue library books. Yeah that's it, that's the ticket, he stole a whole library. Then blamed it on Dr.Suess. In the end it came out he was giving away books to school kids for free, encouraging them to get all their books for free by stealing.** Pathetic, Redskins can never take responsibility for their own actions, its always someone else's fault.

**denotes not actual quote marks - as the real quote was not worth repeating**

Some guy? Years ago? Very convincing my little Troy Aikman stalker. Wow, did he over-dose too?

Also didn't Timmy smith just get busted 2 months ago?

Pot meet Kettle

has there not been just a little bit of a drug/character problem with dallas players, historically?

hello?

north dallas forty?

there is a trend there, but you can see what you want to see.

Archived