Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game thread: Oakland at Washington (MULTI-MERGE)

Art

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM??!!!!!

COME ON!!! THERE BETTER THEN THIS .OK I STILL LIKE BRUNELL OVER RAMSEY.AND THEY HAD SOME REALLY GOOD GAMES THIS YEAR.BUT THE TEAM IS 100 TIMES BETTER THEN LAST YEAR(AND THE YEAR BEFORE,AND BEFORE THAT)..BUT WHY IS IT THAT THEY PLAY EITHER GREAT THE FIRST HALF AND COLLAPSE THE SECOND,OR VICE VERSA.?i HAVE BEEN A FAN SINCE 72 WHEN WE LIVED IN VA. FOR A FEW YEARS.AND I HAVE LIVED AND DIED EVERY SEASON,GOOD,BAD AND GREAT.BUT THIS SEASON IS THE HARDEST EVER.I FIGURED LAST SEASON WAS A LEARNING TIME FOR THE TEAM AND THIS WOULD BE THE BREAKOUT SEASON.I HOPE COACH GIBBS STAYS AND GETS RID OF SOME OF HIS COACHES AND HIRES SOME NEW BLOOD.WE ARE BETTER THEN THIS!!!!:gaintsuck :dallasuck :point2sky

GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only criticism on coach Gibbs today was the decision to throw passes 3 straight plays on 3rd to last offensive drive on the game. I think he gave up on the run just a little too early out of fear that CP would fumble. Other than that, he called an okay game, the team either played a pretty flat game offensively or Oakland's D had our guys covered well downfield.

I am not and wont give up on this team until the seasons over. I seriously think that if this team puts the pieces together, and get the offense and defense playing like it was earlier in the season, then we can make a run at a wild card or playoff spot. Im just hoping that this team does something to bring their season back to life, and realize that they are not out of it yet. I know this loss was tough, but this team cant dwell on it froever and needs to get back to its winning ways!!!! HTTR

The last two weeks have dealt a serious blow to our playoff hopes. The season is not over though. There are six more games and we are two games behind the frontrunners in our division.

Anything is possible. Perhaps no likely, but possible. Even if we fail to make the playoffs, we can have some fun with what's left of the season. We could sweep Dallas, play spoiler, etc.

Enjoy the season while you can. In few short months we'll be on the wrong side of another long off-season.

Guest sith lord
There are alot of games to be played and none of those games are against teams we can not beat. I may be retarded(or drunk) for saying this but I think the skins will win out.

Waiter? Gimme what he's having.

there's more to life than football. I can't control anything on the field, and some people joke when they are hurting....

no game should effect your mood to the point it effects how you deal with life

Well I guess I'm just different.

The Redskins are the light at the end of the tunnel during a long, hard week. Saying we've waited 5 years for a winning team is cliche - but I have waited a longg time to play a meaningful game in week 12. I thought this year would be the year - I couldn't really see how we could be much better. We have a hall of fame head coach, a defensive coordinator that should be a head coach somewhere, an elite running back, an offensive line that is one of the biggest in the league, a revived quarterback that is the comeback player of the year, a pro-bowl reciever who has added an explosive element to an offense that has lacked one for a while, a defensive line that was #1 against the rush last year, the addition of all-pro Lavar Arrington from injury to a linebacking core, and a good defensive back group that would only be helped by a more mature Sean Taylor and Ryan Clark.

My team has let me down this year, again. It has become depressing. The offseason is too long and the season is too short for our year to already be over.

Even if we fail to make the playoffs, we can have some fun with what's left of the season. We could sweep Dallas, play spoiler, etc.

Enjoy the season while you can. In few short months we'll be on the wrong side of another long off-season.

God Dammit, that's f*cking depressing. I'm sick of being a Redskins' fan.

What went right? 13-3 LEAD and a LOSS.

Because that 13-3 lead COULD have been 17-3, or 24-3.

The skins could have put them away with a more aggressive scheme early on, and they didn't do it. You can't let teams hang around like that anymore.

The Raiders didn't go into the locker room, and watch Jerry Springer during half time. They adjusted to our game plan, and came out more aggressive. We didn't anticipate the adjustment, and went with status quo, which ultimately cost us the game. Collins threw the deep ball, and we got burned this week again. Hence, LOSS.

Last week it was Galloway, this week it was Porter.

hard to win when you can't hold on to the ball - regardless of how bad the gameplan might or might not be.

face it.......this is not a good team. it's not a bad team either - and that's what fooled us for a while. this goes back through years of unbelievably bad personnel management. and there appears to be no end in sight. does anyone even remember any longer what 1992 was like? are we becoming the football equivalent of the Red Sox?!!!!!

Of all our losses this one hurts the most.

We simply didn't have the heart, effort, or emotional will to win this game.

That sums it up for me. I know anything can happen but now it looks like I'll be lucky to make my 9-7 pre-season prediction (no way did I see us as playoff ready this year, although I once again got my hopes up after seeing the offense seem to come alive).

false. We're better than we were last year by a lot. Let's keep that up a few years in a row. That's how you get good.

let me guess,we're so good we couldn't score a single touchdown all game? Yeah-that ain't nothing like last year....Somebody needs a drug test.

:point2sky

What can be said that already hasn't , some i agree with and somei don't .

the one thing i can say is i told my son and wife at half time that this game was going to be won by the raiders :( . of course i recieved all kinds of comments from both of them, that i was giving up and numberous other comments that i won't go into :rolleyes: . having said that i could call as should have anyone else with half a brain .that with no pass rush Collins would and did have to much time to throw . 7-10 seconds is way to much time if one expects to stop a passing game . WE HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS HERE

then there's our O-line protection for Brunell !!!! where the hell were they ???? 3 seconds tops !! what kind of QB can acess anything with 3 fricken seconds , against the 24th rank D to boot , it was absolutely horrible !

what about the turn overs ??? wouldn't you think that by WEEK 10 !!! the Redskins would have some how corrected this !!!! averaging 2 game :mad:

i live and die rooting for our Redskins and i will continue to live that way ,but this team needs to realize just how much they Fricken hurt the Diehard fans each and every week !

i can live with the loses that are deserved like the Giant's game , that was just their day , it was meant to be but the rest of the 4 loses have been because of stupid mental mistakes . has this team looked good ?? at times but not consistant and until we see consistant the Redskins will always be a 500. bal club even with Joe Gibbs at the Helm.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS !!! Fan for life !!! :point2sky

Archived