Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game thread: Oakland at Washington (MULTI-MERGE)

Art

the Redskins don't have sufficient talent on the DL to take over games in the second half and close out against the better clubs.

but to be outscored 0-13 by a 3-6 team at home is in my mind inexcusable.

then again, when you look at a player like Mike Sellers that usually comes up with positive plays for the team lose his focus and take a penalty that costs the team field position, you have to wonder what this team did at the half.

It would not shock me to find out that at 13-3 the Redskins relaxed and began to think they had this game in the bag.

I know a lot of folks would find that surprising, but this team is a really unusual combination of alternating over-confidence and insecurity.

I think Gibbs might realize he just needs to worry about coaching, it is to hard in the NFL to win being a GM and Coach.

We have nothing to show from the second day of the draft the past years, this is where you build the team. The teams that are good do well on the second day, and we haven't.

a playoff team, giving away a must win to a bad team at home, is inexcusable.

Right now I think we might go 8-8, after predicting a big run of 6 in a roll a few days ago.

8-8 is optimistic. We've gone 2-5 the last 7 weeks, so to go 8-8 we would have to improve.

I think 7-9 is how we finish.

what can i say? I agree. we're 2-5 in the last 7 games. The holes on this team are really starting to sink in. Coach gibbs is STILL in "let the D win the game for us when we have a lead" mode. I think most of us realized thats not going to work about 4 weeks ago. If we don't score more than 13 points, we won't win another game this season, even against ARIZONA.

a playoff team, giving away a must win to a bad team at home, is inexcusable.

Right now I think we might go 8-8, after predicting a big run of 6 in a roll a few days ago.

i hate to say it but i agree with you :(

the worst thing about this loss was it was against Norv he never could win the close game for us :doh:

if I'm not mistaken, next week nyg and dallas play each other. If we just handle our business we are a game down on one of them. Then we still play them at the end. Its not over yet guys.

Mathematically it's not over. Realistically it is. If you can't beat TB with Chris Simms at QB and lose at home to a team who has no defense this late in the season it's pretty much over. I still think they can finish 9-7 but that will not be good enough this year.

Again...a 2-5 record over the last seven games does not point to a 6-0 run to end the season, unfortunately...

yeah but 3 of those losses before today could have been wins, 2 should have been.

The Giants game just a fluke. This was the first game we just stunk it up, after having a lead at the half. Playoff teams don't let games slip away without a fight.

We clearly could have won this game at the half, but played like crap the second half. We gave away a win... period

Wow... never heard that one before... seems to be the theme of the 2005 Skins.

We wont be any better until we learn to hold onto the ball. We are a .500 team, thats where we should be with all those Turnovers

yeah but 3 of those losses before today could have been wins, 2 should have been.

The Giants game just a fluke. This was the first game we just stunk it up, after having a lead at the half. Playoff teams don't let games slip away without a fight.

Your point?

It's over! What coulda, shouda, woulda is a pointless discussion.

Please turn out the lights when you leave.

I wish I knew what the damn problem is. I know a few players here and there could help, but for the most part, we are adequate at every position. I don't see why we can't move the ball better and make these crucial stops on defense when we seem to do both quite often.

Bulldog put it right when he said we are just "not clutch."

Can't say anymore than that. :(

I cannot figure this team out. One week the defense looks awful but the offense comes out firing on all cylinders. The next week, the defense is pumped up and swarming, and the offense looks like dog poop. The only game in which both the offense and defense both performed well was the San Fran game...but even then the D gave up some big plays.

We are a year away...they are absolutely pathetic at getting to the passer. Two weeks in a row we face QBs who are known to play terrible when under pressure, and we let them have all day. I don't know if its scheme, technique, personnel or what, but something needs to get fixed. That and turnovers. WTF!! Portis doesn't fumble all year and then decides to cough it up twice today...Christ.

I just don't know anymore...

Ouch...this one hurt.

Looks like Patten has been more valuable than we've been lead to believe...Jacobs is not the answer. And Griffin out of the lineup means 0 pass rush from the front four. That means we're tired by the fourth quarter.

Not many bright spots, but I'm not giving up yet...still play Dallas and NY here.

6-10 again. Only hope at a wild card is if we go out there and go for it on 4th downs and stop settling for field goals. We need to make an effort to PULL AWAY. We are playing to win by 3 or something... which is just asking to lose.

What's even more sickening is that if we do finish with such a record, Denver is going to be the beneficiary of a top 10 draft selection in next year's draft.

To believe that this team is a playoff team is delusional.

The game today shows exactly why we get no respect.

We don't deserve any. :mad:

Archived