Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game thread: Oakland at Washington (MULTI-MERGE)

Art

First time poster here - I cant believe the type of season we are having, why is it so up and down..lets see,..we beat the cowgirls, beat the eagles, almost beat the #1 rated defense Bucs, get humiliated by the Giants, yet we cant by the Raiders who had a win record of 3 coming into this game?! How is it we can beat the top rated teams in the NFL or at least the ones we had problems with before yet we cant get by the less threatning teams such as Oakland. Hey apparently we are weak at the WR position, I personally think we need help on the D. But no matter how we play, always and forever a diehard Skins fan. Id also like to add, Congrats To Penn State for becoming Big Ten champs.

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

Too many fumbles today. Turnovers kill us every game. Our defense played a heck of a game and kept us in it until the end. Our offense has been struggling lately and needs to get back on track so we can win. I think Coach Gibbs will do everything in his power to get the team back on track. We need to focus on holding on to the ball.:dallasuck

what happened? well for starters Joe Gibbs doesn't know how to call correct plays. Greg Williams is bush league that what happened. I am starting to believe that Gibbs came back for the millions only. The offensive play calling today was absolutely pathetic. The defensive calls was just as bad. Lamont Jordon is the Raiders #1 reciever and no one covered him out of the backfield. How anyone placed a middle linebacker on Joey Porter down the field was also pathetic. The Deadskins suck and I am done. Off the bandwagon and wish the whole coaching staff and ownership would fall off the earth. Gibbs doesn't cut the mustard period.

Wow, this is pretty ridiculous. I'm as disspirited as anyone - and I'm at a conference in Philly, to make matters worse - but dude, come on. We played miserably today. We lost one of the games that looked most winnable. And we all know that our boys can play MUCH better than they did today. But this is a hysterical overreaction. You're seriously going to start referring to your team as "Deadskins," an epithet used by our rivals? You're seriously going to wish bad things upon ownership and coaching?

That's juvenile and more than a little offensive. This is the NFL, and on any given Sunday, etc. Our team got out-played and out-coached today, and it stings following the TB game no doubt. But if your team loyalty can be sundered by this one game, even this one season, you ain't no kind of fan. Believe that.

Oh, and it's Jerry Porter (not Joey). Get your stuff together.

HTTR.

Oakland had a great rush on today...Brunell was

running for his life...half of his passes were thrown

away...to the band, cheerleaders, I think even

Oaklands defensive coordinator had a reception...

and Kerry Collins: Whistle while you work

Better late than never....but here it goes.

We looked bad, yep I said it.

The O was horrendous.

The D looked better, we got 1 INT/TD but there were a dozen passes that had Collins thrown better or had not been dropped would have been big plays.

The special teams was average.....Hall has got to do better on kickoffs, but at least he hit his FGs.

Even the fans were not with it today.......Late to the seats (big chunk of my row didn't show until the late 2ND QTR!!!!!!!!!) at the beginning and after halftime. Fan noise was minimal at times (no false starts today).

I'm still hoping for a winning season, but after today, it's hard to tell.

We blew the playoffs today and by failing to execute we don't deserve a spot anyway.

What hurts is that this team is talented and has a lot of players with heart....why the lack of execution suprises me. They are MUCH better than that.

Oh well.....on to SD.

Wow, this is pretty ridiculous. I'm as disspirited as anyone - and I'm at a conference in Philly, to make matters worse - but dude, come on. We played miserably today. We lost one of the games that looked most winnable. And we all know that our boys can play MUCH better than they did today. But this is a hysterical overreaction. You're seriously going to start referring to your team as "Deadskins," an epithet used by our rivals? You're seriously going to wish bad things upon ownership and coaching?

That's juvenile and more than a little offensive. This is the NFL, and on any given Sunday, etc. Our team got out-played and out-coached today, and it stings following the TB game no doubt. But if your team loyalty can be sundered by this one game, even this one season, you ain't no kind of fan. Believe that.

Oh, and it's Jerry Porter (not Joey). Get your stuff together.

HTTR.

Here dude. You'll need a shield to protect yourself from the offensiveness you've displayed by sticking up for your team under these conditions. We have extra shields ;)

We have a lot of problems. Virtually the whole outfit is in need of real improvement to be a playoff team, and after pre-season this year I didn't think or expect we would be ready until next year. But I did get caught up in it again. And I'm glad I did, it's worth the ride, even after all these years of crashing back to earth each time. I only wish all those I read squealing about leaving and pissing on "their" team would mean what they say, and take a like-minded person with them. :logo:

Now, we quite likely won't even make my optimistic (I rightfully thought) 9-7 call, the way we've been playing. But thinking it's even critically accurate to trash these guys in the manner and degree common with many here is work for others, not me. You should have read that last sentence before I re-wrote it. :laugh:

We still have a slim chance of winning the division. Giants play the Seahawks and Dallas plays Denver next week. If we can somehow win we are only one game back and we still play both of them at home if they lose. We need to make a few personel changes. Start Rogers and put Harris back at the nickel spot. If you have to roll a safety over to his side until he is fully comfortable then do it. Move Wynn to defensive tackle and bench the other end (Daniels). Start Evans and Clemons. It may not be much of an improvement but you have to try something. That or use the 3-4. Our linebackers are better than our defensive lineman. On offense we should probably follow suit to what Denver and KC does with the two headed monster running game. We really need Betts for this but we still should have run the ball at least 35-to 40 times today using Portis and Rock. We are not going to win with Brunell throwing the ball over 30 times during the game. Our passing game should be geared towards making big plays and occasionally moving the chains. Our offensive line does not pass protect consistantly. Tampa has a better defensive line than the Raiders and we handled their rush for the most part. Why we could not stop Oakland's rush today is beyond reason. Lets stop blaming just Samuels and Dockery. The other 3 lineman (Jansen, Thomas and Rabaek?) are not wowing anyone this season. I have not seen the last few games being that i am in Philly but are we doing any stretch plays for Portis?

First time poster here....I love this site and all you guys. You make many great posts each day. Now it's time for my 2 cents. When you have an inexperienced organization such as we have with the Redskins, things are going to go wrong. It seems like every play somebody is screwing up. It could be Gibbs with playcalling late in the game, Brunell not stepping into the pocket, Gregg Williams sending heat ONLY when its 3rd and 48 miles, or Walt Harris not being able to cover or tackle. Any way you look at it, these are all signs of a club that needs to mesh. I feel bad about the way things are unfolding, but this is the learning curve. Good teams have a transition where they can win but dont know how. I get just as irritated as everybody on here when they lose, but the Colts went through the exact same situation a few years back...look at them now. We will reap the benefits of all these frustrating times VERY SOON!

I read these posts and heard a lot of people bashing Joe Gibbs, but have you guys forgotten what he has done for this organiztion? He won 3 superbowls with 3 different quarterbacks. I am confident that he will continue to improve this team. It was not his fault that we lost this game. It was the turnovers on offense, penalties, and the lack of aggressiveness on defense. I thought Coach Gibbs did a good job of calling the plays, the offense just didn't execute very well and we lost the game. It's ok we are 5 and 5 and still in the playoff picture. Just remember what this coach has done before. We already exceeded the expectations of everyone this year and I will still be a loyal supporter of this coach and this team even if they finish 5-11!:dallasuck

Archived