Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game thread: Oakland at Washington (MULTI-MERGE)

Art

I could see a 2nd year slump. It happens to many teams. Cincy last year was 8-8 in Marv's 2nd season. Parcell's boys were 6-10 last season. Now look at them. It doesn't suprise me to see the Giants breaking out the 2nd season because that team was pretty much already complete. They just needed to get a coach that could make the team believe again. As for right now...just kill me. Put me out of my misery. I'll feel like crap all week if I don't find a nerd hobby.

you got balls pal! you really think the giants are going anywhere with your 2 nd year daddys boy quarterback
:cool: We might win the div or get wildcard out of it .:doh: But SB this year I think not,Maybe next year.But i think you guys are done for now maybe 3 more wins for you guys sorry.:(

Not sure if u are being an ass because you are being critical of the offense, or my post, but my intent with the post is that Joe had a very conservative game plan against a bad team... he played to win 17-13, and lost 16-13... Had he gone for the throat early this could have been a cakewalk game. It should have been only a tad tougher than the 49ers game

Agreed. This game was a nigthmare.

At least the Giants were playing great against us, on both sides of the ball. The Raiders were constantly shooting themselves in the foot. Think they had like 10 penalties for over 100 yards.

6 points from the offense. Reminded me of last year.

i'm not that sick after this one. I was pretty sick after last week. At this point you can tell we're going to blow it well before we actually do blow it. I had no confidence in our 10 point lead. can anyone say "no offensive TDs?"

Agreed we lost this one all by ourselves. No excuses. Last week we were robbed.

first of all.. i like to say we need a new d-line coach..blache is overrated.. look how the bears are w/o him.. look how we are with him......

second of all. im getting tired of gibbs playing the field postion game and coming up with no points...1st quarter, when we all thought clinton got the first down and then he chooses to punt on fourth and inches on their 40 yrd line.. bad call...

we must hold onto the fawking ball... how much times does gibbs have to teach that...

is playoffs running around in the players head too much?? gots to take it one game at a time...

brightside. i hate to see any one injured, but did u see taylor do a ufc tackle on gabriel and twisted his ankle.. taylors a natural born killer..

lavar is lavar, no surpirses...

what happen in the second half???they adjusted up their play book,, while we stuck to the same...they had better protection, and better rush....still cant believe we lost.. damn!!

I think Gibbs might realize he just needs to worry about coaching, it is to hard in the NFL to win being a GM and Coach.

We have nothing to show from the second day of the draft the past years, this is where you build the team. The teams that are good do well on the second day, and we haven't.

i have been saying this since gibbs came and Art has been coming back with how good our front office structure is. what a joke. :doh:

This team is not a playoff team. If we somehow happen to get in the playoffs, it will be because we back in and some other more deserving teams collapse.

Losing a must win game at home to a 3-6 Norv coached team = Doomsday scenario.

The players and coaches should be ashamed of themselves today.

And it's painfully obvious this team needs a legit NFL GM. We have no depth and very little talent behind our starters. Gibbs needs to give up his GM duties and focus on coaching. For all the acquisitions of players and coaches since Snyder has owned the team, he has ignored the most obvious and most important one. Until we get a GM, expect more of the same dissapointing Redskins seasons.

No offense, but I don't see how anyone can really be joking at this point.

Our season is as good as over, yet we still have 6 more games to play. And we don't even have the offseason to look forward to, as we are without a first rounder.

Brunell will be a year older next year, and his wheels already appear to be falling off. Our heavily-paid offensive line cannot stop a four man pass rush, and our defensive line cannot put any pressure on the opposing qb with a four man pass rush. Our biggest playmaker on defense is out on third downs, to the bewilderment of even Bill Parcells. We cannot create the big play and we cannot stop it either.

We have little cap room this offseason to fill our needs, and we have little to work with in the draft.

Tom Coughlin started Eli Manning last year when the Giants were still in the playoff hunt (I believe they were 5-4 at the time). That move has paid big dividens for them now. Perhaps we should do the same with Jason Campbell.

Chat about it folks.

Ultimately this team may just be too mistake prone and just not complete enough to do the things it has to do to be more competitive than it is right now. Next week the team has to play with pride and emotion as the hopes for the season dwindle after this loss.

Art do you still think the front office structure is in good shape. when I said that we need a real gm like ron wolfe you were arguing about how competent snyder and vinny are. well i just got off the radio with joe jacoby who agreed that they should bring in a guy like wolfe and get rid of cerrato.

No offense, but I don't see how anyone can really be joking at this point.

there's more to life than football. I can't control anything on the field, and some people joke when they are hurting....

no game should effect your mood to the point it effects how you deal with life

Chat about it folks.

Ultimately this team may just be too mistake prone and just not complete enough to do the things it has to do to be more competitive than it is right now. Next week the team has to play with pride and emotion as the hopes for the season dwindle after this loss.

a team that is mistake prone is a reflection of their coach, love gibbs but he is not getting it done thus far

God bless you, we need more of you.

but right now I'm just to p.o'ed to have any hope. Maybe by the middle of the week, I'll feel differently, but our loss combined with Dallas and New York wins pretty much knocks us out of SERIOUS contention. IMHO. I'm not saying give up, but I'm saying it's time to be realistic. The Skins just aren't as good as we thought they were.

Archived