Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game thread: Oakland at Washington (MULTI-MERGE)

Art

I am sickened people! Sickened because the whole team looked anemic today (save for a few D), because with all the other coaches pulling out gutsy plays ours shows almost no signs of life, and last but not least, because two weeks in a row the skins have succumbed to shoddy officiating. I'm sure we've all seen the replay showing Alstott's elbow touching the ground before reaching the ball over the line. And now this week, I hope I'm not the only one that noticed, Porter's TD should have been called back for a blatant two handed shove directly to the facemask of one of the skins D-lineman. I know it's a lame excuse, and the Skins didn't play well enough to win, but the rules are in place for a reason. I feel rage!

Personally, this turn over thing has got to go you can't win football games giving up the ball . Joe, Clinton had a suggestion let Sellers H-back for Portis then let Sellers play like the Bus and do the thunder and lightening combo.Send 3 wide outs not 2 and hold Clinton back to block for Brunell.Does any one else think this would work?

The dude is right. Whats the point of believing in a team that has done nothing to justify our belief???

Lets be realistic. This is an average team that is 2 games back of the Giants and Cowboys with 6 games remaining. That is going to be very hard to make up.

Best of luck afro man.

:mad: Stink! Stink! Stink! Time to hit the panic button. The Redskins still have the turnoveritis disease that is really costing them victories. If it were not for the turnovers, the Redskins would have had more than 5 wins. But their record is as is. Today, the Redskins really should have beaten the Oakland Raiders had the Redskins' offense executed effectively as they looked pretty flat.Defensely, they played OK at stopping Raiders' RB Lamont Jordan, but could never pressure or sack QB Kerry Collins, who adjusted well in the 3rd Quarter and had good pocket protection throwing to his receivers like Jerry Porter. After this loss, I don't know what is going on with the Redskins. Something is really wrong with the identity of this team as it really needs to be addressed immediately. Their backs are now against the wall. As a result, I think Joe Gibbs needs to rule this team with an iron fist based on the Redskins' win-loss record performance this year. He need to have some control over his players, asserting to them that this is my team and I am in charge here. Lots of issues need to be corrected, whether it'd be lack of discipline or second string players needing to step up and execute their game in their various positions. Or it maybe other issues concerning players outside the football field. The Redskins really need that killer instinct now that their backs are against the wall at 5-5. As for the Raiders, hats off to them and Norv Turner. I am sure he (Norv Turner) had the last laugh at Dan Snyder for what happened to him as the Redskins' Head Coach in December 2000. On the other hand, the Redskins need to get their act together offensively and defensively if they wanna beat the San Diego Chargers. Marty Schottenheimer is a very tough hardnose ball coach; his teams are no joke because they represent a formidable prescence for opposing teams. If the Redskins keep turning the ball over, it is going to be very tough for them to win any more ballgames whatsoever. Hopefully, they better correct all of their mistakes during this week if they want win any more ballgames. Honestly, I do hope TE Mike Sellers is doing OK physically and mentally despite giving the Redskins a penalty for retaliating back at #50 of the Raiders for what that guy did to Sellers before. Although Sellers had the penalty, I do not blame him, but he must do what he has to do to help the Redskins win, even if it is walking away from the incident. Nevertheless, my prayers are with him, and I do wish Mike Sellers a full and complete speedy recovery from the hospital. They really need DT Cornelius Griffin and RB Ladell Betts back next week against the San Diego Chargers. Hopefully, James Thrash's injury won't be that bad; I hope he is probable next week as well.

This is where you separate Die Hard fans from the "I'll join in when the team is doing good" fans from the out right band wagon jumpers.

I remember all too well the "Glory Years" of the 80s and early 90s...I have suffered like many of you through the mid-late 90s and first half of this decade...a 7-1 start in 96 was dangled in front of us...a sold 99' team came up 1 point shy of the NFC Championship...we thought in 2000 we could by ourselves a Championship...and now we have Gibbs back and started out great this season.

But Super Bowls don't happen overnight too often...this team is NOT too far away. I'm as disgusted as the next guy over the blown opportunities this season, but there IS STILL HOPE! Look at the remaining schedule guys! Sure, I know we have the greatest running back in football coming to town next week...but after that we have road trips to the Rams and cardinal and STILL have all our divisions games left!

As long as there is a mathematical chance at the post season, I am excited!

At the beginning of the year, someone said we'd be 5-5 and still in a position to control our own destiny, I would have kissed em!

I know there are those of you who feel the same as I do. For crying out loud...if the Cowboys lose at home to the Broncos, we are only 1 game back in the loss column and we get them at home!

PS. Since the original poster said he had better things to do than come here anymore, we'll call this my thread...and I'm changing it fellas'. Don't give up on our team, our coaching staff or our fans! HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anybody say Santana Moss? Our best receiver is only getting minimal receptions a game. Granted Cooley is the s***, but Moss is fast and makes plays happen. Why are we letting greasy fingers Portis run the ball all day long. There are wide receivers on the team Joe. Please don't go back to your old ways of running the ball, we don't have John Riggins anymore. Throw the ball and Moss will catch it. I'm sad to see Thrash out, that's going to hurt us. And why is Lemar Marshall running down the field like a safety. He has no business playing that role, especially on a long ball with a receiver that's obviously faster than him.

All in all this game made me sick. The offense is lost, don't know about the defense, leave Lavar in the game...is there something else I'm missing, oh yeah...WIN A F****** GAME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Really..... why pull for any team then??? Why dont you just save your time and your money and whatever team wins the Superbowl go by their hat and then go to their site...... and just do that every year... put away your Patriots hat from this year and go get you a Colts hat for this year.... then next year wait until week 10 and see what team you want to support.... that would be awesome huh... I will stick with my team and this site through it all..... SEE YA>...

This team is beat up it is time to put up the play or let second string players play to find a way to win.The other thing is pass protection he can't pass if he's running for his life.The pass pro was worse than I have seen this year. Where are all these defense packages I keep hearing about. I saw very little pressure if your going to pressure send everyone.Can you honestly say Brunell had time to throw look at the film your quarterback has no time.Collins however had all day to throw.Greg has to be more creative Joe has to play super aggresive football how about a fake punt Joe for old times sake. Hail I cheer on Sunday Joe listen to Clinton he may be goofy but he has great sight.

Why are we letting greasy fingers Portis run the ball all day long. There are wide receivers on the team Joe. Please don't go back to your old ways of running the ball, we don't have John Riggins anymore. Throw the ball...

What are you talking about??? Portis ran maybe one time in the 4th quarter. All we did was throw! But the receivers couldn't get open, and the o-line couldn't protect Brunell. We should have been running the ball!

I know you're sick at this loss. But get your criticisms right!

I must admit, I took a deep breathe before I logged on here after the game- and with good reason, the first 1 threads I saw were 'Sign TO' and 'Trade Portis'

But to make a thread announcing that you are tucking your tail is pretty pathetic, suck it down and take the good with the bad and just stay off the bandwagon for good-poser!

I''m not going to flame you, because I agree. This loss has left me numb, dissapointed, diflated. I will still root for this team, but its hard to put any faith into them now. This is such a familiar feeling...Realistically the odds we make the playoffs now are extremely low. For all you people who cant see that, and want to "keep the faith," I feel for you. You are not a better fan just because you refuse to admit the obvious.

I'll still watch, and root for a miracle, but I cant just ignore the fact that the season is, in all likelihood, over.

What are you talking about??? Portis ran maybe one time in the 4th quarter. All we did was throw! But the receivers couldn't get open, and the o-line couldn't protect Brunell. We should have been running the ball!

I know you're sick at this loss. But get your criticisms right!

My criticisms are right on!!! So I guess just disregard the two fumbles Portis had and forget all about Moss only catching the ball 4 times...wait what was that 4 times and for what...only 53 yards. **** throw Cooley the ball more often on the flats, that works too. I mean what happened to the Brunell who several weeks ago was throwing for over 300 yards. What happened to Moss catching and running the **** out of the ball for touchdowns. Brunell's 14 for 32 is ****ty...it really is. Maybe out of the 18 other passes he should have tried to march downfield, throw to the middle a little bit. Mix up the **** you know. Not go for bombs to Taylor freaking Jacobs on third down. That's is stupid. Period! Clinton Portis is a good running back, but he is to small for a major scoring role. He'll score in the redzone, but I would never expect him to break 60 and 70 yard runs. I've only seen that happen once, at Fedex, against the Bucs last year on the first drive of the game. I remember **** man so don't come at me saying my criticisms are wrong. I watch every game from start to finish, winning or losing, and I study this team.

The other 4 losses I was upset but not heart broken and sick as I am about this one. Had to have it and the O looked pretty flat. I still believe they can get hot and make a playoff run, but the whole team needs to take a good look in the mirror.

They have nobadoy to blame but themselves. Constantly turning the ball over is going to kill you. Good teams finish and this team hasn't learned that yet.

Archived