Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game thread: Oakland at Washington (MULTI-MERGE)

Art

We are a year away...they are absolutely pathetic at getting to the passer. Two weeks in a row we face QBs who are known to play terrible when under pressure, and we let them have all day. I don't know if its scheme, technique, personnel or what, but something needs to get fixed. That and turnovers. WTF!! Portis doesn't fumble all year and then decides to cough it up twice today...Christ.

I just don't know anymore...

I read that we are a year away pretty often on this site but I have never really understood how that is a true statement. Brunell will be a year older, we will still have the same inconsistent offensive line, we have a huge question mark at CB, our DEs are both below average, we don't have any young DEs waiting in the wings, we still have not found a #2 WR and have 3 #3s or worse, Dallas and New York are not declining, we absolutely cannot generate turnovers with the players and system that we have now and we cannot stop turning the ball over. We have all of these needs yet we have traded away a lot of draft picks. How are we a year away?

']You take it one week at a time. Each week that passes and your team is not mathematically eliminated' date=' there is always hope.[/quote']

I have that approach, Tom, but it's with much less enthusiasm after the showing today. This was the first game where I thought we just did everything poorly. The game against you guys I still see as a black-hole anomaly, but this one we were really on the filed and have no reasonable excuse for the level of our play. It does indeed look as most people have been saying, that you and the cowpies (god it hurts saying that part) will be the leaders here this season with the igglets implosion. If it can't be us, PLEASE let it be you guys.

What in the heck happened?

I cannot believe that Norv Turner came into our house and got a win. Last week I totally blamed the Def for the loss. Today, however, the offense was the problem. You cannot go three and out three straight times and expect the Def to win the game. The offense only scored six points. Perhaps the offense was left in Tampa.

I think this loss maybe the beginning of the end for us. At least we are at .500.

All, this thread may be linked directly on Redskins.com so please feel free to contribute your thoughts here. We'll open this shortly after the game ends. Thanks.

How is Sellers after his back blow; kinda looks like the way the refs calls............ Why wasn't the jack as{* ejected? Oh, I forgot, the refs AREN't looking for Redksin injuries. Da..............................

Joe plays a gentlermen's game; too bad, the other teams don't.................:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck Now, Daniel, we know you do everything you can for the team; however, you being a gentleman along with Joe isn't enough. Plow through and get us into the playoffs.........................I'll buy you a :cheers: and show you the refs calls......................How does one buy them off?!

Suggestions anyone?! Just remember TIVO is a wonderful piece of equipment; and WHY wasn't the ball we recovered on the one yard line awarded to us instead of "DOWN on play"; and holding........comments anyone?

there is a reason Taylor Jacobs was running behind Patten and Thrash as late as last week. I hope all those that thought he was a Marvin Harrison in waiting who Gibbs had kept on the bench out of senility now know the truth. Jacobs is no star. In fact he has a long way to go prove he deserves to be a regular at WR.

there is a reason Taylor Jacobs was running behind Patten and Thrash as late as last week. I hope all those that thought he was a Marvin Harrison in waiting who Gibbs had kept on the bench out of senility now know the truth. Jacobs is no star. In fact he has a long way to go prove he deserves to be a regular at WR.

Agreed....Jacobs had shots at balls, but didn't look like he wanted to catch them. You need to fight for passes...he didn't look like he had the fight.

WR and DL are our needs...that hasn't changed since the draft.

A good pass rusher makes our DBs look better...

A duo of superior WRs makes our QB look better.

what happened? well for starters Joe Gibbs doesn't know how to call correct plays. Greg Williams is bush league that what happened. I am starting to believe that Gibbs came back for the millions only. The offensive play calling today was absolutely pathetic. The defensive calls was just as bad. Lamont Jordon is the Raiders #1 reciever and no one covered him out of the backfield. How anyone placed a middle linebacker on Joey Porter down the field was also pathetic. The Deadskins suck and I am done. Off the bandwagon and wish the whole coaching staff and ownership would fall off the earth. Gibbs doesn't cut the mustard period.

Agreed....Jacobs had shots at balls, but didn't look like he wanted to catch them. You need to fight for passes...he didn't look like he had the fight.

WR and DL are our needs...that hasn't changed since the draft.

A good pass rusher makes our DBs look better...

A duo of superior WRs makes our QB look better.

Personally, I think the Team plays down to their opponents, and I think Gibbs will adjust. I could also see us picking up TO, as Andy Reid said he wil never play in an Eagles Uniform again. The arbitrator is a 25 yr season ticket holder with the Skins, and I think he will make the Eagles re-instate TO, or force them to cut him. Gibbs and Snyder would sign him to a contract, that would have stipulations about his salary, and playing time, tied to his conduct, on and off the field. Living in Eagles country, I believe TO would want to play for a team, that:

A. Plays the Eagles 2 times a year, to stick it to them, and

B. Has another great Receiver (Moss), that would leave him open. He would have

caught half of the balls thrown at Taylor Jacobs.

all i can say is i found it pathetic that we just kept tossing the ball up to jacobs on the go routes... after the 2 or 3 we should have realized that its just not going to happen. also, aside from our offense being totaly unbearable to watch, it was annoying to see Kerry Collins sit in the pocket for 4+ seconds with no preasure whatsoever. week to week its the same thing with our defense (although marshall's interception was solid)... I still have hope but its gonna be hard getting in the playoffs now.

WE NEED TO DRAFT A DEFENSIVE END

Well, that does it. Unless some miraculous transformation happens in the last 6 weeks, this team is toast (we have to go 5-1 to make the playoffs and that aint happening). Oh, I'll watch the games and root for our boys but let's be realistic. We're done. And I'm tired of celebrating and commiserating here online. I have better things to do with my time. I've enjoyed the opinions and comments of all you diehards. I'll be back on next season when hope will spring eternal and a new roster will give us reason to be optimistic. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post but, so what. Go Skins! :D :helmet:

Archived