Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the Raiders game must-win?

:helmet:

A home loss would be crippling to the team's psyche for three reasons. 1)We are obviously coming off a devastating (and VERY controversial road loss. 2) Our opponent most certainly will not be in playoff contention. 3)As of right now, our home winning streak is all we have to hang our hat on. It is the team's positive identity. To lose that at this point - to an inferior team - would be very hard to overcome. :raidersuc

We can't start 3-0 then end up at 5-5. True, good teams might have a slump during a season, but from going undefeated to .500 after the midseason could drop team confidence. We've lost several close games this year, so this game IS a must-win and we need to get some momentum back on our side. Winning these next two AFC games might give us enough momentum to hopefully pull of a 10-6 record at worse.

It couldnt be more of a must win. I'm f#ckin sick and tiered of hoping to sneek in to a wild card spot. It's time to start winning division and confrence titles. Both of those are still up for grabs and we are good enough. But it MUST start this sunday.

It seems rather early in the year to be talking this way' date=' but everyone has up their playoff formulas, and six losses seems to be the most acceptable amount. I would think that being 5-5 and forced to go 5-1 down the stretch just to have a chance is not acceptable under any of these formulas.

So, we have to beat Norvell and company....who can't do much but can throw the pill downfield with Moss and Porter.

So...must win or not?[/quote']

First, I think a team that has play-off aspirations has to win it's home games. Second,the next two games are must wins simply because the players can't let two former coaches come into FedEx and beat Coach Gibbs; talk about a moral buster. Third, they are a better team than the Raiders, and good teams win games they are supposed to win. So, yes, it's a must win game. :2cents:

For me the next 4 games are must wins because they will be the most winable games we have this season.

Make no mistake about it Oakland, comming to play us at 1 PM Eastern time will not be clicking on all cylinders and we need to jump on them early and ofter. Same thing with SD. Golden opportunity IMO since we have 1 PM start times with both these teams.

Arizona is also a must win because we will not have an easier game this year but we need to be a serious team and play great at their house.

Rams are going to be by far the most difficult, unless our D steps up in the secondary. I mean if we were in trouble with Simms and Galloway what they heck to you think we will be with Holt running on his favorite turf?

If we win those 4 I am 100% sure we will be at least tied with Dallas and Giants (no way they win their next 4). Then we have them both in our house and the rest is up to us. Philly I am not worried about that much as I think by that time they will be out of it and I doubt they will play McNabb.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

If we lose to that friggin Norvo the Clown, then the Norvitis epidemic has officially returned. We MUST beat all former psuedo-coaches to purge ourselves of the Dark Ages. Norv is the biggest stain on the dress, and if we don't wash it out it will come back to haunt us!!

At this point and especially in light of Sunday's debacle, I don't see how any loss CAN'T hurt us, no matter if it's at the hands of an AFC opponent or not. We're a game out of first in the East, not to mention the final playoff spot in the conference. We need wins, Man!

i think it is absolutely a must win not just for our record , but for the confidence in their own ability to win -- they should be furious after losing to TB -- a loss like that should bring every player up a notch or two in determination and dedication -- we need to put these teams away with a score that does not come down to depending on the defense to hang on to the win :point2sky

At this point with the way we have been playing every game is a must win....

We play the raiders, we should beat them, they are a west coast team crossing the country to play a 1:00 game, its like playing at 10 am for them...

we should win the Chargers game after that too, same thing....

I am not saying we won't have to fight tooth and nail for these games, but we should win them, and we can't let another game that we should win slip through our fingers....

Then we go to St. Louis.. this game is only a must win if we lose either of the previous 2, but this is a team that we match up against well anyways, so we should win this one too, so this is a must win for the previous stated reason...

Then Arizona... we just can't let a team like this beat us, if we do it would be the ultimate embarassment...

Then next 3 games are Division games, and if we don't win out all the way up to the philly game then every game here will also be must win....

We need to go into the remainder of the games this season thinking that we absolutly need to win this game, each time... I believe that if we have that adittude then we will get to the playoffs, and be a better team in the playoffs for it, cause we will be playing playoff football for at least 6 of the next 7 weeks....

EVERY game is a must win from this point on. They can afford to lose 2 more games...and with 7 games remaining...it ain't gonna be easy. I personally have a hard time seeing the Skins in the postseason this year...esp the way the team played this past Sunday. They've dug themselves into a hole.

Archived