Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the Raiders game must-win?

It seems rather early in the year to be talking this way, but everyone has up their playoff formulas, and six losses seems to be the most acceptable amount. I would think that being 5-5 and forced to go 5-1 down the stretch just to have a chance is not acceptable under any of these formulas.

So, we have to beat Norvell and company....who can't do much but can throw the pill downfield with Moss and Porter.

So...must win or not?

It seems rather early in the year to be talking this way' date=' but everyone has up their playoff formulas, and six losses seems to be the most acceptable amount. I would think that being 5-5 and forced to go 5-1 down the stretch just to have a chance is not acceptable under any of these formulas.

So, we have to beat Norvell and company....who can't do much but can throw the pill downfield with Moss and Porter.

So...must win or not?[/quote']

I say yes. If we lose Sunday and drop to .500, it will be a tough hill to climb. The teams in our division are good, and it would be tough to challenge for the division crown with a loss to Oakland. Our wild card hopes would take a hit too now that we've dropped a game behind TB, and Atlanta having a better record than us.

It seems rather early in the year to be talking this way' date=' but everyone has up their playoff formulas, and six losses seems to be the most acceptable amount. I would think that being 5-5 and forced to go 5-1 down the stretch just to have a chance is not acceptable under any of these formulas.

So...must win or not?[/quote']

Pretty much we need to win atleast 3 of the next 4 games.

If we can scrape out a win vs. Oakland we'll set up yet another potential season-defining game vs. SD.

It'll be the type of game we've failed to win (@NY and vs. TB) this year so far. But back-to-back home wins vs. dangerous teams could go a long way toward helping us get where we want to go.

I remember in August I said that I wanted our team to be playing meaningful games in November and December...now I want more, I want to win a couple of them!!!

With LT. and the Chargers coming to town the week after, I think it is a must win...but it is also a "should win"!

Right. Should win is correct. If we just happen to lose to the Raiders then lose to the Chargers Its over as far as us being in the post season. Dont see us losing to the Raiders. Trying to keep the faith but It's so hard. :helmet:

it is absolutly a must win. Its a very winnable game and I doubt we sweep the division in our last three games, even with two of them at home. Can our D stop the Rams air attack? HAHAHA i doubt it. I dont think we have a chance against the Rams playing in their dome. If we dont beat Oakland at home, our chances of breaking 8-8 are poor

Archived