Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game comments: Skins at Bucs.

Art

We all know what went wrong in the game. But the fact of the matter is that calls like are NOT supposed to be botched. They pay players to play their best, but things happen. Refs on the other hand are payed to make good calls EVERY time. Not just most of the time. Not to mention, what good is the instant-replay if they don't see obvious calls like the 2-pt conversion. So whether we did or didnt play like we should have, we shouldn't have to worry about whether the refs will make the right calls or not. Especially on VERY critical plays.

Pissed

You never let the home team get close in a game...gee guess what happends?

Crazy crap like this one that "got away"

Chucky knows he was outclassed and outgunned yet he stole one and he knows it.

I thought we were better that we showed today; should have closed this team out.

Honestly, this game is not even competetive(blowout for us).... this is a throwback to Norv football where your team plays to the level of the opponent and the outcomes are almost always in doubt(my god there was that Arizona game a few years back with boomer..ugh!)

Pissed at the refs and heartbroken over the loss.

Ditto here. But I am truthfull beginning to lose faith slowly in whether or not Gibbs will be able to adjust to the new way the league is played. After every game he stands his ground on what he feels the team needs to do. He always goes at every game in practically the same way, and doesn't see anything wrogn with that. The fact of the matter is that now days you have to switch things up. I'm glad that Gibbs likes the old style of NFC East football, but its not that way anymore. If we keep staying conservative, we will continue to lose these close games.

Both. We don't have a killer instinct. We play like wedding night virgins; scared to death. The teams we should crush we let 'em hang around. I can't stand the Panthers, but you don't see them acting like this. We have heart, but it's more like the heart of a gazelle running from a cheetah rather than being the cheetah. This same story gets old. Yeah, next week we will come out and beat the Raiders, but until we learn to have a stone cold menacing attitude, it'll be more of the same. Personally, I would like to have 53 players with Sean Taylor's attitude. He's a killer. When we get some of that we will win regularly.

Wonderfull. A great post. You are so right.

The defense totally blew it today. if we score 35 points, we are supposed to win, especially against chris simms and the bucs. these big plays against our d are going to kill me.

Man...you CANNOT put this one on the defense. That interception on the Patten throw should have never happened. If Robert Royal is awake, he ****ing blocks Simeon Rice and Brunell doesn't fumble. You can't blame the defense when the offense is giving the Bucs the ball 3 times. It should have been 35-14, Skins...

Damn...what an awesome game!!! I have been a diehard Skins fan for more than 37 years and I can't put my finger on why we can't overcome the mistakes game after game. I think overall Gibbs called a great game. It is simply hard to swallow another loss.... :logo:

but the thing is, the refs arn't going to make that gamechanging call. the fact is, alstott most like was down on that 2 point conversion, but there wasn't enough evidence. you could say that since his elbow was down before the goal line, that the ball had to be lower than the elbow, making him down before the plain. But, the refs are not going to change thier call on a situation like that where the evidence isan't that clear(well, maybe to some redskins fans it was). It's just to big of a call to overturn, and the evidence would have to be pretty damn conclusive to get that call overturned

Pissed

You never let the home team get close in a game...gee guess what happends?

Crazy crap like this one that "got away"

Chucky knows he was outclassed and outgunned yet he stole one and he knows it.

I thought we were better that we showed today; should have closed this team out.

Honestly, this game is not even competetive(blowout for us).... this is a throwback to Norv football where your team plays to the level of the opponent and the outcomes are almost always in doubt(my god there was that Arizona game a few years back with boomer..ugh!)

Closed it out???? Tampa should have NEVER BEEN IN THIS GAME. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. :cuss: Turnovers!!!!!! :mad:

That game was won and lost on blown calls. Say what you want about Williams' terrible play calling, Walt Harris' terrible playing, the inability to convert 3rd and 2, and the absence of Sean Taylor, but when it comes down to it, the refs made the final decision with 58 seconds left. All of these things went wrong,but up until one horrible call, we were winning. I will defend the side of the refs, not the refs, in saying we had 58 seconds and two timeouts to get in field goal range and win the game, but that situation may have never come up if the call is overturned. Unlike many of you who have posted negative things, the Redskins are a good football team, and we will make the playoffs, and we will win some games on the road. The offense played great, besides a few '04 flashes of mark brunell and one run play. To finish this off, i live in Cleveland and watched Derrick Frost lose a sunday night game against the Ravens when he punted the ball 7 yards, giving the Ravens great field position to win the game. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS. Our team did not give up agaisnt the Cowboys, why should we give up on them.

Yes, that's right; I'm sick. Sick to my stomach, and it's not the tacos I ate for dinner either.

It's not even that we lost today, it's not that the referees blew a call...

What it is, however, is the attitude that the majority of posters on this site now have.

We lost the game, and believe me, after that TD and conversion, I was as pissed as anyone on the planet. I screamed at my TV and at one point pleaded to my TV to rewind, as if the play never happened. It was quite sad, actually. But I got caught up in the moment.

What I didn't do, however, was run on to extremeskins and post a thread that deep down inside I knew had no validity, and was not well thought out at all.

Use your brains before you post, people. We're not like the Bronco fans who run to our forum after we lose to "thank" us for their top ten draft pick (which is an absurd post on it's own, given we're on pace for a 10-6 season). We're better than that.

It's okay to be upset, people, it really is. But man, to say our season is over, to say that we've lost all hope, to say Brunell needs to be benched for Campbell in week 11 in a 5-4 campaign, do you people really believe this stuff?

We're being extremely fickle at the moment, and we can't have fickle fans.

I for one will be at the Raiders game next week, and I am going to give the 'Skins everything I have cheering for them... They played their guts out today, and all I see here is complaining about things that make no sense.

This one hurts!!!!!!!!

As bad as Dallass in 99. Simms looked like an all-star!! Bet he won't do that the rest of the season. Freaking Brunell and his fumble!! I wish people would quit talking about our defense like it is great or even good, because it's not!!!! You got to hand it to Gurden. That jerk went for two!! Way to man up Johnny. Maybe we were hosed maybe we weren't on that call, but I felt we were hosed on the Galloway catch early on. But turnovers!!! They killed us again.

If Oakland beats us next week you can stick a fork in us, we are done, get ready for the draft!!! :2cents:

Archived