Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game comments: Skins at Bucs.

Art

All,

Please contribute your thoughts after the game in this thread as it may be linked directly from Redskins.com and will be read by lots of guests. One of the mods will open the thread just as the game ends or just prior as I'll be on the field baby :).

Art.

but how in the world do we make Chris Simms look like Johnny Unitas?!?!?!???? Way too conservative with 3 MINUTES left. Another game we shoulda, coulda, woulda won if we dont turn the ball over blah, blah, blah! Walt Harris YOU SUCK! You actually may be as bad a Jimoh! WTF?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Feels like the good ol days of the last ten years. Offsides on the point after? Two point conversion OR NOT??? Get the ball with a minute to go, two timeouts, cant do ****!

I like how in a 34-35 game the Bucs went for the win, but earlier on 3rd an 2 or 3 when a first down wins the game for use we call the most conservative play in the book.

We don't play to win, we play not to lose, Gibbs has lost his nerve. When I see him on the side line not looking on critical plays cause he's too nervous it makes me sick, it explains why he dosen't have the nerve to actually go for the win.

Seriously what was the point of running the ball there. If we don't get it the clock isn't going to run enough to justify the run. Even with no timeouts 2 minutes from about the 4 is long enough to do whatever you want. It was a stupid conservative gutless play call that really had no upside. Pass the ball give your self a few options to get the first down.

I am disgusted with this gutless play calling. I'm disgusted with the play of Walt Harris and the rest of the secondary, its time for Harris to go, he can't tackle and now he's getting burned for game winning TDs.

Bottom line is we got torched by Chris freaken Simms and we could have won the game if Gibbs didn't decided to play the game like it was 6-3 game with his play calling...psstt Gibbs it was a 35-36 shoot out, they probably wouldn't have stopped a pass on the 3rd and 2.

Sorry if i'm dumping on the Skins here but this is really hard to swallow and I think we fall to our knees and trust in Gibbs too much. Yes he is the face of the organization but he's not the same coach.

Turnovers killed us again. We almost pulled it out...

After they went for it on 4th can couldn't convert, I figured it was over. They had some good luck for Simms to hook up on a couple long passes, but it shouldn't have come down to that.

I can't believe Gruden decided to go for 2 there.

THEY ARE STILL IN STOCK

iam running over as we speak to get my hands on some i think theres gonna be a rush here soon. Iam going to beat the traffic. Its on sale 2.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1420054&cp=&keywords=ropes&searchId=10446824338&parentPage=search

if the nationals get cal ripken theres gonna be a run on these things like never before in baltimore and DC

Every year it's been the same thing; We get close to winning a game and the defense buckles; We allow ourselves to think we have talent at the safety position, and, in reality, we have ONE safety who's great, injured, and the rest look like a bunch of sissies.

Every year it's been the same thing; We have a great defense and the offense sucks, or we have a great offense and the defense doesn't show up.

Every year the refs get away with controversial calls at our expense and they are not held accountable. So we endure another close loss.

Every year we turn the ball over and commit unnecessary penalties and say we're going to adjust and get better and we just don't.

This year is no different. We only need to win this game to tie for first in our division and what do we do? We make a Chris Simms look like a veteran pro bowl QB. HE'S NOT A PRO BOWL QB! But, hey, if anyone can turn him into one, it will be OUR team.

I'm boycotting the rest of the year....no more NFL this year. I'm done. I can't handle screaming at my Television and my three year old coming into the living room and saying, "It's ok daddy". I'm just not going to allow the Redskins to ruin my week again. I can't.

I'm still a fan, but I think it's time to take a break. I just can't handle this heartache any longer. It's been over a decade of this mess and it's still not resolved.

Good luck on the season Redskins; I'll see you next year.

"We all (Redskins) lost the ball game Joe says..." I disagree. Gruden looks like a hero but he should have been the goat. This is a multi-billion dollar industry and we got refs making calls on the field they shouldn't make. If you can't see it (Alstott's run at the goaline) on the film from 4 different angles, how does a line judge make a call of touchdown when he couldn't see the ball?

obviously it sucks that we lost but putting up 35 on the best defense in the league (on the road) is impressive.

i really thought they way they play really mirrors us. they have a good defense, decent offense (with a dominating wr), and offensive "genius" at head coach.

i dunno. i just thought this was a really evenly matched entertaining game.

I think many of the fans took the Bucs to be an easy win. That was not to be.

All of our guys played their hearts out. With so many challenges we are intelligent enough to know we are going to lose a challenge we KNOW we should have won.

I think we kept fighting. I think Big Joe fought as did LaVar and the others. ST being out hurt us.

Offensively.......CP and Ladell played great. I wish those drives could have been sustained throughout the fourth.

You NEVER overlook an opponent. I felt this would be a hard fought game.

Blondie

It would have been better if we won. Sorry, I can't feel good about this game. I'd much rather win than be entertained.

I agree. Hell with being entertained. I want to win. Had my fill of the defense makeing an opossing offense make a playmaker out of unknowns or underachevers. What Gallowway didint have TD in over 30 games or so,he plays us and is the second coming of Rice? Simmes looking like Montana/ Its allways like this with the skins. Hell with being entertained. Hope this loss wont bite us in the but latter in the season. We had the chance to be in second place in our division and the defense blew it. If I want to be entertained I'll watch WF . :mad:

Stupidity and weakness cost us this game.

Turning the ball over and being afraid of closing out the game made every look like a bunch of spineless cowards. Everyone deserves blame because this game should not have been close.

People should appreciate what Sean Taylor does for us... and blitzing our best cover corner when Walt Harris is getting anal probed does NOT help.

We made their job so easy for them by not making them go the length of the field. TERRIBLE LOSS. I'm sure people try to rationalize this, but this was a conference game and we needed to show something on the road.

We're still a good team, but on the road we cripple ourselves and it's disgusting.

This defense is way over rated in the nfl. Im sorry but you let a piece of @#$% QB look like a Superbowl mvp and then when up by 7 with under a minute and a half to go and you cant stuff them out? Then a offsides penalty on the extra point to give them a 2 pt conversion? WTF?????????????????? Sorry this team is done. They have a mediocre defense not the same as last yr and we will be lucky if we make the playoffs. That loss hurt and it broke my morale. Under 2 minutes to go and we hand it to them on a silver platter. WTH

Archived