Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game comments: Skins at Bucs.

Art

Sad but true. Score 35 points and lose by 1 point is pathetic. The passing defensive package was godawfull. Offense passing on 3rd and 2 when Portis was averaging 7 or 10 yards a carry was insane.You guys know something, I'm starting to belive we really don't have pro bowl consistent playmakers on defense after what I've seen tonight. What to do. :doh:

And everyone thought starting Lavar was the answer to all our defensive woes... :rolleyes:

Jason

Which would you take? Heartbroken as in the loss at Dallas last year, or the screwing over by the refs in today's game on the Alstott run. Ugh, I've never been one to blame refs on the outcome of a game, but today..I just don't know, I probably won't be able to think straight for the next 24 hours. Im still steamed. However, I do think I would want this feeling more than the heartbreaking loss to the Cowboys.

There was just so much riding on this game. The difference between 5-4 and 6-3 is huge. We HAVE to win these next games at home, or in my opinion our season is done. :(

I feel you Sack...we are supposed to be getting stronger in November. Not still turning the ball over 3 times a game, and allowing no experience QB's who have started 5 NFL games to shove it down our throats. I guess we revived or started a career for the guy.

Our offense is definitely good enough. But our D is a nightmare, and no one is afraid of them, hence why Chucky went for it on the two yard line.

Was the call on the 2pt conversion by the Bucs right? The replay on FOX showed Alstott's elbow on the ground not across the goal line. Hard to see the ball, but it is in the hand attached to the elbow that was on the ground....

Thoughts??

That ball did not cross the goal line, and the Redskins should've won that game. It was obvious to me from the replay, and I was very surprised it wasn't overturned.

The Redskins players BUST THEIR TAILS to fight to stay in the playoff hunt, and they get the game stolen from them by bad officiating. I've been a Skins fan all my 37 years, and never once have I felt the need to blame a loss on officials... but today it'll be my first.

Yap all you want about turnovers, etc... the Redskins won that game, and having that win overturned by bad refereeing is just a damn shame. They deserve better.

The only reason I think Walt Harris is still on the team are his contributions to special teams. Other than that I would boot him. He was beat on several plays by against the Eagles and today they had his number too.

Please hurry and get healthy Sean Taylor and I would start Rogers in Harris's place.

The game would have been over if the team could have gotten 10 yards with the last posession. :eaglesuck

I hope that there is someone watching this post-game thread.

I am tired of the officiating playing such a large part in the outcomes of these games.

To be totally honest, that fact alone makes this not really a contest where the best etam wins by play on the field. The game now has to incorporate the officials and such (like basketball) I absolutely hate that (guess what I do not watch basketball or buy any NBA products..get it?)

I know the "human element" as it is referred toshould be part of the game(which I dont mind)..but.. The shoudl be BALANCE(get it) so the officiating does not determine the outcome of games. I am speaking to the relevance of #1 the Galloway call of "force out" #2 several non-calls of PI(especially on the second turnover) #3 The Portis run on 3rd and 2 (knee down and ball 12 inches from the 1st down marker-yet spot is almost to the previous line of scrimmage-compare and contrast that with the obvious mistake in the pivotal 2 point call) see what I mean?

I would find it hard to continue to waste time on this(game/sport/ whatever) should this be allowed to continue..

Not to be a total "homer"; there have been numerous calls this year that have left me scratching my head over the weeks....

This is a multi-million dollar enterprise and the stakes are high; these obvious and atrocious errors cast a grim shadow over the entire enterprise.

I mean if the game has no integrity then the results of them have none as well/

peace.

Now don't get me wrong...I am as pissed as any about the 2pt conversion call....i got a hole in the way to prove it. But if it were not for the mistakes by the offense we wouldve won by double digits. And we can't blame it all on the defense either...if we had converted that 3rd and 2 the game wouldve been over. On that note I am going to go down some shots and think about the hellish week of midterms I have.....Make no mistake, I will be pumped for the Raiders game and every other fan should be as well. :2cents:

HTTR

Potato Sack, I feel for you. IMHO, REAL fans are allowed to be sick and p***ed off after a game like this.

I tried to quit this obsession after the NY game, but like the helpless idiot I am, I was still there at the Eagles game. Oh well.

This game didn't bother me as much because I really think we're 50/50 at best to make the playoffs this year anyway. We just don't have the team to do it yet. We're getting there, but we're just not quite there yet. We still need confidence as a team (starting with the HC), a pass rusher or two, and Coach Williams needs to learn about proper judgement in when and where to call the blitzes he calls (especially when your best player in the secondary is on the bench)

come on people lets be real and true skins fans... we lost and i hate it but we gotta put it behind us... we cant just say oh the refs sucked or our defense is terrible... we gotta have FAITH and not let this team down... at fedex next week we better get into it ad get our team pumped and back to our winning ways... lets go skins have some FAITH and lets start something :logo:

Don't get me wrong Simms played a good game. But he only played as good as we allowed him to. Our coordinators and coaches are being conservative across the board. Did they not notice they were moving the ball well when they would take shots down the field? Did they not notice that Simms buckled whenever we put guys in his face?

The fact of the matter, is that we should be able to win games reguardless of how many horrible calls we get.

BUT! No team should ever be forced to lose on the referee's behalf. So even though we could have played better, this game was lost(won for the bucs) by the striped guys.

I think we all need to face facts. This is no redskin team of the 80's, not even close. We probably don't have more than 4 players on this team who could have played for them teams. I think the start of the season gave me and many other fans unrealistic expectations. Atleast we can compete and it's once again fun to watch a redskin game but this game is where I stop pretending we are a Super Bowl contender or even a playoff team. We are nothing but a improving team that is still a year away from being a contender.

The Refs suck; how DO the Redskins pay them off?

Just wondering, have the refs mixed up politics with calls?:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Pissed. I did'nt think I would be this upset with a loss like this. Defense after nine games is very inconsistant, still can't pressure the QB, they made Simmes looke like a probowler and make Galloway look like the second coming of Jerry Rice. Pissed.

Wow, tuff loss for you guys. Watched the whole game myself. Very entertaining. The Skins showed themselves well today so keep your chin up.Looks like my Boys can take control of the division with a big win tomorow night. Should be a hard fought game too, well, not really...:laugh: Look forward to seeing you guys again when we meet in DC. You have one coming on us....

Everyone needs to stop blaming this on the officials...we've had calls go our way before that maybe shouldn't have; the refs aren't perfect.

The thing is, the game should not have come down to a couple of inches. That sucks if he really didn't get in and it cost us the game, but why don't you blame it on those turnovers? Maybe then we would've still been up by a score.

HAIL SKINS

Archived