Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game comments: Skins at Bucs.

Art

We lost for no other reason then for Mark Burnell not knowing how to hold onto the football!! His pocket presense sucks.

17 of thier points came off of his turnovers. I will give it to him though on the int that was thrown to Patten. Patten has to learn how to catch before he whines about not gettnig the ball.

Brunell is his name and he has great pocket presense, but you have to protect the left side. We have had problems all year with the left side of the line. Turnovers were a big issue, but deep coverage was the biggest obvioulsy.

Our problems lie on the Defense this year. Yes, Brunell threw one pass that should have been caught and it resulted in an INt and the other was ill advised, but he more than made up for it when he pulled us ahead late in the 4th by 7 points.

Enter our Defense. We sacked Chris Simms 0 times. We never really got to him or forced him into errors. He had all day long to throw. We blitzed when we should have pulled back in more into one on one or two on one coverages. Our D just could not get it done in this game. They are not even serviceable by allowing a team, with a QB with only 5 starts to his credit, to score as many TD's as he did. It was a joke. He moved the ball at will. When Gruden called the 2 point play at the end I realized he had no respect for our Defensive line. None. It paid off for him.

I can honestly say this is going to be a very rough 2nd half. Our Defense is just not playing consistently and does not provide the shut down D you need to win games like this.

This was the hardest loss for me this year. I felt this was a defining game for us going into the last half of the season. The Buc's are a team you need to beat. We are a better team...so why did we lose?

I agree...it was an excellent game.

I was telling my buddies while watching the game...the Joe Salavea forced fumble -> Mike Sellers TD was one of the best sequence of Redskins plays I've ever seen. I was amped when that happened. And then the Portis 2pt conversion...at that point I was so sure we'd win I would have bet a lot of money.

Again with the turnovers...we gave this game away. I don't think Patten should play another down of football for this team. Promote Jacobs. If we don't turn the ball over, we put up 50 points on the sorry Bucs, and his interception (yes, I give it to Patten, that one is not on MB) kind of set the tone early.

And, until this game, I did not agree that a glaring weakness for this team was a pass rushing DE, but after this game, I can see clearly that we need one. Simms had way too long to throw the ball. That roughing call was bull**** though. Its already been proven that the way to beat Simms is to put him on his ass, and we simply could not do that. It was ridiculous...he'd have 5-6 seconds every play to throw the damn ball.

The most upsetting thing is that it was our golden opportunity to catch up to the GMen after their collossal meltdown against the Vikes, and we didn't take advantage of it.

And finally, here's a big :finger: to the refs...they shouldn't have been in a position to determine the game in the first place, but there were some seriously bogus calls in that game. I'm pretty disgusted at this point...:mad:

I live in Tampa, and went to the game, the reffs blew two calls, first one in the first quarter galloway was out of bounds, and alstott was not in the end zone. The bucs got the call....we need to reem the ref for blowing the call.....:dallasuck

We all hate the officiating calling a game but two vital plays made the difference. If they are going to be a factor in the game, they can at least call the game right. I saw they same damn replay the rest of you saw with Mike A. elbow down. How can the review booth not show him that! And joey G. getting a force out! WTH! He was barely touched and was able to bring his foot down which went out. Did they hire basketball refs? I've never been so pissed about officiating before in my life until this year!

We did not lose this game because of the play call by Gibbs. We lost this game because of turnovers. The call on 3rd and 2 was a good call. Hold on, let me rephrase that. IT WAS A GREAT CALL. The only thing I would have done different was give it to Sellers. And that is because I believe he could pound it for the first down. But guess what..? I am not a NFL coach and neither are you.

I agree...that was a great call. Portis had been running all over them all game, no need to think he wouldn't that time. But, in retrospect, we REALLY needed that first down.

Turnovers killed us AGAIN.

Hey guys, don't be too hard on Potato Sack. I can definitely understand where he's coming from. It's downright frustrating to see the same $hit over and over and over and over again - Walt Harris doing absolutely NOTHING, Phillip Daniels taking up space, Gibbs screwing the team over with ultra-conservative play-calling on the road when so much is on the line, and, of course, the officials bending us over.

By the way, can someone tell me why Bill Vinovich (a west coast official) was doing our game today?

Sad but true. Score 35 points and lose by 1 point is pathetic. The passing defensive package was godawfull. Offense passing on 3rd and 2 when Portis was averaging 7 or 10 yards a carry was insane.You guys know something, I'm starting to belive we really don't have pro bowl consistent playmakers on defense after what I've seen tonight. What to do. :doh:

after watching this game i am greatly upset and shocked. :soapbox:first things first, who the hell was covering joey galloway!?!?!? i mean i understand the gregg williams defense blitzes alot and i dont want to degrade his defensive schemes but how is it that u can take springs off of him and let ur safteys try to cover him after hes shown that he can go threw both of their zone coverages. and even with springs on him he still was making the big catches. 2nd of all who was the person that went offsides on the field goal attempt??? he basicly gave them a great chance to take the game which they succeded in doing. 3rd i was watchn from my TV and i can see Alsotts elbow ON THE GROUND NOT IN THE ENDZONE on the 2 pt conversion. now im not sure but i think that the ball has to pass the goalline not ur head cause that was the only part of him that was in. 4th WHAT THE :censored: WAS WITH THE REFS. making horrible calls and not even making calls that were deserved pissed me off. u can see people jumping on right infront of our WR's no calls and i dont even wanna get on the forced out call. 5th, ohhhhhhhh boy david patten u wanted the ball and u got it. too bad u couldnt hold onto the ball when u finally get it. and the 2nd interception was just a bad play call that the defense picked up on quickly. another thing, why does robert royal just stand there and let simon rice just run right past him without even touching him?!?? i mean he was literally just standing there. i can go on the list of complaints but ill spare u guys the read, this game was just a great example of just finishin the game. similar to what happend to the cowboys on a monday night in dallas :cry:

I'm sorry but people on here who blame the refs are being absolutely stupid!

They made some bad calls but then again did Betts really stay in bounds on his TD return??

The reason we lost this game was because we played poorly on defense. That is the key reason anyway. The TOs didn't help either but we got them out our system and took the lead twice. Our defense was embarrassing. This game proved that whether or not we make it to the playoffs we clearly don't belong their. Besides if you want to do something in the playoffs you have to be able to win on the road.

As in victory or defeat, it's a team effort. The team played hard today, the

Bucs just made couple more plays than we did. You can't blame the ref's,

the defense, the offense, or any particular player.

I'm here to say that I'm proud of my Washington Redskins. More than ever,

I feel good about my team. Tough loss, but feel we'll bounce back.

Hail To The Redskins!!!! :point2sky

Is there some odd pro-ref conspiracy going on here for people to keep saying we cost ourselves the game and not the refs,i think after reading some of the posts im starting to realize that we have our own pool of future refs right here in this site seeing how they call things,who cares what happened before the 2pt conversion, who did what what happened to who..its the end of the game that judges a winner sloppy play or not(unless you count ref's as judges) and at the end of the game we won by stopping a daring 2pt conversion period.Anyone to say that call didnt cost us the game needs a check-up from the neck-up

....my 2 cents....

I agree teh officiating was bad.... but bottom line, WE should have kept the game OUT of the 'refs' hands'.

Shawn Springs and Walt Harris were in some sort of 'half-zone'... either both went in.. our both stayed out. In any event, the duc's WR's were often covered by LB's and/ or 2 safties. (Except for the 2 plays)

Those were our turnovers... and our lapses. NOT the refs....

No turnovers, the refs wouldn't been able to make/miss that goal line call.

But I STILL Love my skins' even though they just gave me another inch of grey hairs

Archived