Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game comments: Skins at Bucs.

Art

Hello, I watched the game carefully and I don't think we have anything to worry about going forward .We played the best defense in the NFL and aside from some sloppy play in the secondary and our usual turnovers we produced on offense.The turnovers can be fixed as well as the poor tackles what is more encouraging is that the team rose to the level of play and the emotion. The response and run back from Betts is just what this team needs to get over the hump.Coach Gibbs needs to go for broke get out that old bag of tricks dust off the reversal and fake punt.Hail to the Redskins!

:logo:

I Agree With The Gutless Call On 3rd And 2. How Many Times Through The Years Have We Been Burnt By Dallas On A Late Game 3rd And Short And We Need A Stop And They Go Play Action? Gibbs Has Been Too Predictable. Simms Looked Great Because He Had All Day Sunday To Throw. They Need A Legit Pass Rusher. Someone The Other Teams Need To Double Team. That Way We Dont Have To Blitz Every Down And Still Get No Pressure. On The Positive Side I Did Like The Way Brunell Spread The Ball Around. For A Time He Was Getting Too Moss And Cooley Happy. Once Again Turnovers And Bad Penalties

I AGREE WITH THE GUTLESS CALL ON 3RD AND 2. HOW MANY TIMES THROUGH THE YEARS HAVE WE BEEN BURNT BY DALLAS ON A LATE GAME 3RD AND SHORT AND WE NEED A STOP AND THEY GO PLAY ACTION? GIBBS HAS BEEN TOO PREDICTABLE. SIMMS LOOKED GREAT BECAUSE HE HAD ALL DAY SUNDAY TO THROW. THEY NEED A LEGIT PASS RUSHER. SOMEONE THE OTHER TEAMS NEED TO DOUBLE TEAM. THAT WAY WE DONT HAVE TO BLITZ EVERY DOWN AND STILL GET NO PRESSURE. ON THE POSITIVE SIDE I DID LIKE THE WAY BRUNELL SPREAD THE BALL AROUND. FOR A TIME HE WAS GETTING TOO MOSS AND COOLEY HAPPY. ONCE AGAIN TURNOVERS AND BAD PENALTIES:gaintsuck

This game was a classic example of what can happen when you play a desperate coach who thinks his team is being beat on both sides of the ball late in the game. He makes desperate calls. With just over 3 minutes in the 4th he goes for it instead of kicking the field goal and doesn't make it? And then going for 2 instead of tying the game. What could you possibly tell your team after that in the locker-room ? Good game or we need to thank the refs for saving my job! What an idiot. I kinda liked the guy up until now. gutsy call of the year says nfl.com dumbest call of the year says me......

bad calls (refs and coaches), missed opportunity, stupid penalties, stupid mistakes, and the inability to put a team away...welcome to redskins football

i dont know why everyone is hung up on the call at the end of the game...so what if the ref's dropped one, it didnt cost the skins the game, they did...every single person on the roster and coaching staff agrees, and how could they not...fumbles, turnovers, getting burned for the big play, that's how you lose a game...i read these posts and laugh, some kid wrote that if this happened to Indy it would be all over the news...bull, indy doesnt rely on the refs to win/lose games they go out every week and get it done with a good offense and a stout defense, both of which the redskins have...the redskins could be 9-0 right now or 1-8 (i doubt that they coulda dropped that SF game) but they aren't, they're 5-4 just like every other season....they have been a .500 team since i've been watching them, no matter how good they make you think they are by playing up to good teams, they wipe it out by playing down on the level of bad teams...until they get out of this .500 funk they will always be the whipping boy of the NFC East..dont get me wrong, im a diehard skins fan but that's just the way it is...oh and btw, i do believe Gibbs was fined earlier this year for bashing the refs in a press conference so don't say the man doesnt have heart

I hate heartbreaks like this, its tough to swallow. I find it easier to deal with a blow-out like the Giants game than it is for the ones where we barely lose. Because now we all are thinking "what if..." and "we should of done this...". Its been driving me crazy all of today. anyway, on to next Sunday where we CRUSH the radiers at Fed-ex.

i didn't bother reading all 280 replies, so forgive me if this has been said already; but the skins' coaches need to face some harsh realities. chris samuels sucks, phillip daniels sucks, renaldo wynn sucks, walt harris should never have gotten to this level and pearson preulawhatever needs to shut up and sit on the bench. matt bowen is one of the most underrated defensive backs in the league.

we should have traded ramsey for a decent pass rusher when we had a chance. too late now. and don't tell me campbell isn't ready to be brunell's back-up. on his worse day, he would be every bit as productive as ramsey.

and speaking of brunell, why is it that every time he fumbles of throws an interception, he trots off the field with a smirk on his face? is it because he thinks it's all just a part of his god's devine plan??? oh... wait... that's right... HE'S STILL GETTING PAID. i really don't mean to dog brunell. he's gotten us out of this hole. it's just something i noticed.

but we didn't lose this game just because of sub-par defensive play or brunell's turnovers. it was officiating. we had two HORRIBLE calls go against us. two calls that resulted in nine points. tampa won by one point.... you do the math.

thanks for reading my rant, and remember, 12-4 ain't a bad record ;)

Don't underestimate these Redskins.

Look at their 4 losses:

Kansas City (5-4) A

Denver (7-2) A

New York (6-3) A

Tampa Bay (6-3) A

and their 5 victories:

Chicago (6-3) H

Dallas (5-3) A

Seattle (7-2) H

San Francisco (2-7) H

Philadelphia (4-4) H

They've only played one team with a losing record (San Francisco) and beat them handily.

Then look at who they are going to play:

Oakland (3-6) H

San Diego (5-4) H

St. Louis (4-5) A

Arizona (2-7) A

Dallas (5-3) H

New York (6-3) H

Philadelphia (4-4) A

We will be playing the stronger teams at home and the weaker teams on the road.

What I find amazing is that they are winning games even when they don't win the turnover ratio. They have a -11 turnover ratio (second worst in the league) and still have a winning record.

Game (TakeAway/GiveAway = Net) Result

Chicago (2/3 = -1 W

Dallas (0/2 = -2) W

Seattle (0/1 = -1) W

Denver (0/1 = -1) L

Kansas City (0/3 = -3) L

San Francisco (2/0 = +2) W

New York (1/4 = -3) L

Philadelphia (1/1 = 0) W

Tampa Bay (1/3 = -2) L

Total (7/18 = -11)

The four teams that beat them all have positive turnover ratios:

Kansas City +3

Denver +10

New York +8

Tampa Bay +1

Here are the turnover ratios of the five teams that they beat:

Chicago -2

Dallas +3

Seattle +1

San Francisco -4

Philadelphia +2

And here are the turnover ratios for their next 7 games:

Oakland +0

San Diego -3

St. Louis -9

Arizona -8

Dallas +3

New York +8

Philadelphia +2

Of their 3 remaining road games, only Philadelphia has a positive turnover ratio. St. Louis has a -9 ratio and Arizona has a -8 ratio.

Of their 4 remaining home games, only San Diego has a negative turnover ratio. Oakland is even in the turnover ratio, but both Dallas and New York have positive turnover ratios.

I think that this bodes vary well for the Redskins. With the last three games against division opponents, this season will probably go the way those three games go. At least they get Dallas and New York at home.

If they can solve the turnover problems, I see playoffs in their future.

BeerKeg

First Post.

Man this game hurt. I haven't been this disappointed in some time, as it's kinda hard to leave it at 4 quarters.

As soon as we chalked up the third turn-over, I thought to myself the better team will lose today...again. The loss to the chiefs crossed my mind.

I concur with everyone's sentiments: Walt Harris slept with a mob bosses daughter and is in deep; he should never take the field ever again...and look for a minimum wage job. Granted, Galloway has Moss type speed, but his display was that of mild retardation and the main reason of the fabricated glory of Simms Jr.

I hate Patton too, but I digress.

I believe that the Redskins look better than they have in years, I give full credit to their whole organizatio but Joe Gibbs has to get with the times.

OK, so Brunell made mistakes early, but thereafter he was throwing on a rope. Every eligible on the field (except Patton) was confident. Plain and simple, we needed that first down with 3:someodd to go and a third consecutive running play was NOT going to get it done. Period. Live and let live past mistakes and bad calls, but you must adapt. After the 2 minute is a different story, but in this case, one of those last three plays should have been a pass...to anyone.

We made mistakes, but when it comes down to the sole reason we lost: Alstot successfully converted for two points. Shhh, that's it. That's why the Bucs won. Did he get in? I don't think so. Do I want to kill the refs families? Absolutely. But it all doesn't matter now, because that was the situation afforded to them due to sissy play calling.

Bottom line: there needs to be a line of communication established between Gibbs and Williams (see lack of when Gibbs can't answer questions regarding D during press conference today), that reads "Hey Joe, our secondary is getting ho-slapped all night, and I don't think they'r ready for another thrashing; maybe you should be a little more agressive with you currently clicking offense so that ingrate Harris doesn't get burnt again."

But Gibbs probably won't listen anyway, because he's been doing it for years.

We're obviously a great team...it seems as we turnover the ball to make things interesting. Gibbs, let's only try to keep one team in and above the game each week. Us.

Yes, that's right; I'm sick. Sick to my stomach, and it's not the tacos I ate for dinner either.

It's not even that we lost today, it's not that the referees blew a call...

What it is, however, is the attitude that the majority of posters on this site now have.

We lost the game, and believe me, after that TD and conversion, I was as pissed as anyone on the planet. I screamed at my TV and at one point pleaded to my TV to rewind, as if the play never happened. It was quite sad, actually. But I got caught up in the moment.

What I didn't do, however, was run on to extremeskins and post a thread that deep down inside I knew had no validity, and was not well thought out at all.

Use your brains before you post, people. We're not like the Bronco fans who run to our forum after we lose to "thank" us for their top ten draft pick (which is an absurd post on it's own, given we're on pace for a 10-6 season). We're better than that.

It's okay to be upset, people, it really is. But man, to say our season is over, to say that we've lost all hope, to say Brunell needs to be benched for Campbell in week 11 in a 5-4 campaign, do you people really believe this stuff?

We're being extremely fickle at the moment, and we can't have fickle fans.

I for one will be at the Raiders game next week, and I am going to give the 'Skins everything I have cheering for them... They played their guts out today, and all I see here is complaining about things that make no sense.

Thank God someone with some Heart here....I can see alot of people wanting to quit...I say quit and be gone with you. If you're ready to stop believing now, then you were never with us. I too will be at the Raider game as I am at EVERY home game. I will never stop cheering, I hold myself accountable to be that 12th man as should everyone at that stadium. I drive to Fed Ex Field from Allentwon PA...1.5 hours North of Filthadelphia which totals a 4 hours drive every home game. My Skins will not give up...and neither will I.

I feel Gibbs, if there was an award for turn around coaches, he'd be on that list. This is a Playoff team. Granted we are not ready for the Bowl, at least we will see the playoffs. Whoever thinks this Redskin team is going to lay down and die....Your dead wrong.

We will win against SD when you break SD down, all they have is LT and Givens...we have a Wicked run defense so that can almost assure you LT is not going to go anywhere, We get some pressure on Brees I think we can force some turnovers, and Philly after last night...the loss of McNabb is the loss of that team. The Giants will be a challenge, and probably Dallas as well.

Fact remains we are in control of our own destiny unlike other teams right now that will have to rely on other "oppurtunities" to have a shot at anything.

Hail to the Redskins, Hail Victory, Braves on the warpath, Fight for Ole DC.

It's been a long long time since I've felt this good about our team folks. Let's keep up the cheering and overcome these obstacles that come our way and show some resiliance.

One after thought, I just read before that Gibb's is sending the NFL a tape of the miss calls. I'm not sure what that's going to accomplish other then point out what they already know. My question would be, why is the NFL the only Professional sport that does not have full time fully paid referees? If the athletes in the other 31 teams are working year round conditioning and other various activities, why can't the referees? Place them in game simulations and keep their skills sharpened and refined. As a defendant of the referees, let us keep in mind, they are also human beings. None of us are perfect every time. Let us have somewhat of a human element to the game.

Go Skins!!

Man. I heard about the holding that wasn't called when they intercepted the screen on Moss, but I hadn't actually seen it until I watched the game highlights on on-demand just now. The CB grabbed and yanked on his jersey for a good full 2 seconds right in front of the referee. Man, I hope we see these guys in the playoffs. :)

(Not trying to bring the game up again, just wanted to share my new finding, lol)

but how in the world do we make Chris Simms look like Johnny Unitas?!?!?!???? Way too conservative with 3 MINUTES left. Another game we shoulda, coulda, woulda won if we dont turn the ball over blah, blah, blah! Walt Harris YOU SUCK! You actually may be as bad a Jimoh! WTF?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Feels like the good ol days of the last ten years. Offsides on the point after? Two point conversion OR NOT??? Get the ball with a minute to go, two timeouts, cant do ****!

This is exactly what I said...minus the "mother****er"'s & "**** you"'s.

bad calls (refs and coaches), missed opportunity, stupid penalties, stupid mistakes, and the inability to put a team away...welcome to redskins football

i dont know why everyone is hung up on the call at the end of the game...so what if the ref's dropped one, it didnt cost the skins the game, they did...every single person on the roster and coaching staff agrees, and how could they not...fumbles, turnovers, getting burned for the big play, that's how you lose a game...i read these posts and laugh, some kid wrote that if this happened to Indy it would be all over the news...bull, indy doesnt rely on the refs to win/lose games they go out every week and get it done with a good offense and a stout defense, both of which the redskins have...the redskins could be 9-0 right now or 1-8 (i doubt that they coulda dropped that SF game) but they aren't, they're 5-4 just like every other season....they have been a .500 team since i've been watching them, no matter how good they make you think they are by playing up to good teams, they wipe it out by playing down on the level of bad teams...until they get out of this .500 funk they will always be the whipping boy of the NFC East..dont get me wrong, im a diehard skins fan but that's just the way it is...oh and btw, i do believe Gibbs was fined earlier this year for bashing the refs in a press conference so don't say the man doesnt have heart

It wasn't just the 1 play at the end of the game, it was the other 5 or 6 terrible calls or non-calls during the course of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived