Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who really cares if we Torture terrorists ?

Mally

I really dont understand all the outrage about this. Personally I am all for it. If we capture suspected terrorists and we feel that have information that may save lives well then I am all for ticking his nuts with a cattleprod. I dont see anything wrong with it at all. These guys chop peoples heads off for christ sakes.

I dont care about the Geneva Convention or any other law about torture. War is War and there are no rules during war. Our enemy certainly doesnt care about them so I dont see why we should. Personally I think we should take every dead terrorist and wrap them in Pork Skin and then throw their dead body back in the streets. Once the terrorists see this they will be totally freaked out. Because they would be so scared as to what would happen to them in the afterlife. I believe years ago another country took this same approach with the terrorists and it was very effective.

I just dont understand why someone has a problem with us torturing a terrorist to obtain information.

I am really torn on this.... on one hand, I think we are higher than this kind of activity. Submitting ourselves to torturing people is kind of like redskins fans physically assaulting eagles, and in the end only lowering ourselves to the level that we hold them in. On the other hand, how else can you gather intelligence from a person who 1) wants to cause harm to you and your country, and 2) has no problem with dying in the process? I don't know.... if you make exception for one case, it will only open more doors, that I think most of the american people would like to stay closed.

BTW I am sure there is alot of this going on already that the american public is totally unaware of...

Redskin Fans Assaults Eagles Fan for difference of opinion in Football.

US Military tortures known terrorist to help save lives.

See the difference ?

I am really torn on this.... on one hand, I think we are higher than this kind of activity. Submitting ourselves to torturing people is kind of like redskins fans physically assaulting eagles, and in the end only lowering ourselves to the level that we hold them in. On the other hand, how else can you gather intelligence from a person who 1) wants to cause harm to you and your country, and 2) has no problem with dying in the process? I don't know.... if you make exception for one case, it will only open more doors, that I think most of the american people would like to stay closed.

BTW I am sure there is alot of this going on already that the american public is totally unaware of...

CIA vs. the cells... I don't

Military - Geneva Convention

Exactly :applause: And the Geneva Convetion needs to be overhauled to insist that

combatents and otherwise military personel be required to wear uniforms, and represent country or countries, which leaders of said admit to, to qualify for the protection offered by the GC, otherwise fire up the cattle prod.

Secondly, families of terrorists, that have knowledge, harbor, feed, or otherwise support, before, during and afterward (fail to denounce the act), are accessories and should be charged and tried with war crimes.

Mally,

The problem with your premise is that you believe they are all known terrorists. Remember, after the initial war in Iraq where we made grand sweeps and picked up tons of people without charge or trial. We later released about 65% of them saying that they had no involvement with Sadam, terrorists, or the insurgency. Do you support torturing innocents? There is a balance point, morality may need to be suspended to save lives sometimes, but you shouldn't give carte blanche approval to let the government disappear and torture anyone.

Do you trust the government to always be right?

I really dont understand all the outrage about this. Personally I am all for it. If we capture suspected terrorists and we feel that have information that may save lives well then I am all for ticking his nuts with a cattleprod. I dont see anything wrong with it at all. These guys chop peoples heads off for christ sakes.

I dont care about the Geneva Convention or any other law about torture. War is War and there are no rules during war. Our enemy certainly doesnt care about them so I dont see why we should. Personally I think we should take every dead terrorist and wrap them in Pork Skin and then throw their dead body back in the streets. Once the terrorists see this they will be totally freaked out. Because they would be so scared as to what would happen to them in the afterlife. I believe years ago another country took this same approach with the terrorists and it was very effective.

I just dont understand why someone has a problem with us torturing a terrorist to obtain information.

A few things here 1) fear of pork is not a deterant to people who will blow themselves up; when one is a martyr they get a pass on a lot of things 2) suggesting that we play with a guys nuts to get information out of him is rather, well, it makes a clear statement of ones intentions 3) torturing doesn't reveal quality information (please provide evidence that it does if you're going to make this claim again) 4) you need to be absolutely certain that they are terrorists BEFORE you begin to torture them.

But thanks for weighing in as pro-torture.

the interesting thing is that the Israelis are the best of anyone getting info out of Islamic terrorists. and they don't have to use physical torture to do it- for them it is illegal as well.

instead they use psychological tactics to get the info. much more humane and in fact more effective- as often times people lie during torture...

As an alleged Christian Nations that gets pissed when a lefty tries to take God out the public square, I think God would be pissed as the US screaming Lord Lord without living the Word. Whats the point of arguing for bibles being read in school if no adult wants to live the standard in public life anyway

Its all about the afterlife. And no amount of torture will get them to screw up what they believe is "God's mission"

I agree with this post.

While I agree that we are supposed to be better than this as a people, the more logical way of viewing the situation is that a bamboo shoot in the urethera will only make these people think they are closer to God's will. You'd be doing them a favor.

Just kill them and get it over with... ;)

What happens if our government tortures someone and it turns out they aren't even terrorists? How much is that lawsuit worth? If the government ripped off my fingernails and crushed my nuts with a pair of pliers, you can bet I'd hit the mega-million jackpot.

Our government could screw up a wet dream. There's no way you give them the power to torture people.

This word "torture" is the problem,......what if we called it....

Physical Interrogation

Pain Enduced Encouragement

Consequences of Non-Cooperation

Pain Caucus

Ect....ect..ect...

And what if we called rape "physically encouraged love making"

It's still the same action, and that is the problem, not the word you use to describe it.

I agree with that... They need to find out who is who, No I dont support torturing innocent people obviously. But once we find out who you are, OR you are caught in the act, or you were caught in a raid in a room full of explosives, then its all fair game.

Also I agree with the posters above point that if you are in military uniform you should be protected. But if you are one of these scumbags dressed as civilians and you are caught in the act , say goodbye to your nuts.

Mally,

The problem with your premise is that you believe they are all known terrorists. Remember, after the initial war in Iraq where we made grand sweeps and picked up tons of people without charge or trial. We later released about 65% of them saying that they had no involvement with Sadam, terrorists, or the insurgency. Do you support torturing innocents? There is a balance point, morality may need to be suspended to save lives sometimes, but you shouldn't give carte blanche approval to let the government disappear and torture anyone.

Do you trust the government to always be right?

Archived