Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grab a stick & beat a dead horse - The Merged QB Threads

illone

Originally posted by goldenster95

I see, this from the guy who couldn't tell what his record as a starter was. Yeah, who's the idiot?

As for his starting record, it was 3-4. Of course, only some light-loafered fool like you would simply apply those straight up to come up with some overall record right? How about the fact that three of those games came against the Eagles and Steelers? Would it be an appropriate measure to use that built in assumption over the course of a whole season?

Think you friggin' mook. That might be asking a whole lot of you, though, since you can't master the ability to read and understand basic stats.

You know, at least base your argument on something other than "well, if they played other teams they would have done better."

I know this much about his record as a started last year - it sucked - just like his record as a starter tonight.

Originally posted by zoneblitz

This from a guy with Ramsey in his sig banner. :rolleyes:

Check it out Bro.

I have a few over 2500 posts on these here boards.

Those that know me, and I mean really know me as a person, know that I am first a Redskins fan, but I don't in any way, shape or form have any faith at all in Ramsey. Now if this were an Adult only board, I could say what I really think of our situation with the QB here. Fact is, I can't, so I can throw some of my emotion in to my signature.

Like it or not, it's not there to represent and say, go Pat.

It's there to say, Drive it, or Park it. *$@* or get off the pot.

Anyway, just wanted to point out, you may not know what you think you know, and perhaps you should show a little respect being your a noobie and all.

Go Skins!

Originally posted by JimmiJo

Well at least you're not bitter.

You said - "You could at LEAST give your opponents that respect, that they are simply viewing a different set of facts, some less 'concrete' than yours, but no less 'factual.'"

I'll let you think about how the above reads.

I did not tout Brunell as anything other than better the PR tonight. He W/L record career is better however and he did go post-season and pro-bowl.

What I don't respect is that I have an opinion, express it, use 'facts' to support me point of view, and then some clowny like goldster climbs up my ass because I'm somehow denigrating Ramsey.

In fairness to you (and to my quoted post's intent) I was responding to ILLONE.

I've not engaged you much in this conversation, so I would not want you to think that a particular post is to be understood as an attack or critique of you.

I had edited a post to you and included a response to illone. Only the first paragraph is directed at you.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

In fairness to you (and to my quoted post's intent) I was responding to ILLONE.

I've not engaged you much in this conversation, so I would not want you to think that a particular post is to be understood as an attack or critique of you.

I had edited a post to you and included a response to illone. Only the first paragraph is directed at you.

Oh ok, that's fine. I just thought when I saw my quote in your post that it was directed at me. You seem like a nice person and I did not mean to take such a contrary approach with you.

It's that damn Goldster who's the moron!!! j/k, relax Goldy, drink some milk or something.

You know, at least base your argument on something other than "well, if they played other teams they would have done better."

I know this much about his record as a started last year - it sucked - just like his record as a starter tonight.

Uh huh.

Let's take a look at opponents' winning percentage in Brunell's games as a starter and Ramsey's games as a starter to determine whether or not you can simply ramp off Ramsey's 3-4 record as a starter to project what he'd have done the entire season.

Brunell: 58-85, .409 (around 6 win average)

Ramsey: 63-49, .5625 (9-7 average record)

Given this, to say that you can use that 3-4 record as a basis for a projection is ludicrous. In fact, I'd surmise that to say that he'd finish anything below 8-8, which was a record Minnesota used to qualify for the playoffs, would be a conservative estimate.

Oh ok, that's fine. I just thought when I saw my quote in your post that it was directed at me. You seem like a nice person and I did not mean to take such a contrary approach with you.

It's that damn Goldster who's the moron!!! j/k, relax Goldy, drink some milk or something.

I'll need more than milk, man. :laugh:

Peace.

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

Check it out Bro.

Those that know me, and I mean really know me as a person, know that I am first a Redskins fan, but I don't in any way, shape or form have any faith at all in Ramsey. Now if this were an Adult only board, I could say what I really think of our situation with the QB here. Fact is, I can't, so I can throw some of my emotion in to my signature.

Anyway, just wanted to point out, you may not know what you think you know, and perhaps you should show a little respect being your a noobie and all.

Go Skins!

I knew it, a closet Ramsey fan.

Welcome to the club.

:laugh:

Check it out Bro.

Go Skins!

Dude, I know you're a little heated from arguing with others. And your post count and $1.00 will get you a Coca-cola. I've lurked here for a long time before I registered and started posting. Calling people "noobies" just makes you look immature and is irrelevant unless a post count defines who you are, your self-esteem, and self-worth. I apologize if I touched a hot nerve, I was just making a joke. Maybe you need a time-out?

Originally posted by zoneblitz

Dude, I know you're a little heated from arguing with others. And your post count and $1.00 will get you a Coca-cola. I've lurked here for a long time before I registered and started posting. Calling people "noobies" just makes you look immature and is irrelevant unless a post count defines who you are, your self-esteem, and self-worth. I apologize if I touched a hot nerve, I was just making a joke. Maybe you need a time-out?

Teach him, zone, teach him.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

I have to be honest. I did not notice that until you mentioned it.

:doh:

OK, fellaz

We can diss each other without name-calling. Let's back off so that the thread remains open.

That's not aimed at just one poster but everyone who tossed out the names, however frustrated or upset we get.

I want this one to stay open and self-policed.

Ghost,

For whatever reason I need to give it up to you here tonight. You believe what you believe and you stick by it. If I was going to battle for the same thing as you, I would have you back, and wouldn't expect any less from you. [i can only imagine that the mods of this board must feel the same way some how] I know that you have a lot of passion for the team, as do I, and most of the others of this board.

As one man to another, I still think you have a lot of growing up to do, but this post has shown me you have grown a lot as a man in the last year.

When it comes to posting facts, or stats on the Skins, you won't see that from me. You see I respond to these threads while I'm working on my next graphic, or web design to make some Skins fan happy, because I am all about the Redskins, and more importantly, the fans of this team we all have this passion for.

I'm done arguing this whole Ramsey issue with you, or any other Skins fan. Fact is, I don't think he's good enough. I'm basing my opinion on 13 years playing the game, and over 35 years following my Skins as closely as any fan living away from home can. Yeah, Ramsey is a tough son of a gun. He has a cannon of an arm. I don't feel he will ever have the "IT" factor. I've not seen these signs of greatness a lot of this board speaks about, but notice if you will the sudden increase of doubters, haters, you seem to call us.

Does this mean we don't know WTF we're talking about? All I have to say is, don't just sit there being a Ramsey homer cause you don't want to be wrong. Truly open your eyes, and see it to be true. We just wanna win baby!

Have a good night, fellas.

Chewy nailed it with that last post. I'm right there, a die hard who just wants the team to do well. I probably wouldn't even post if I lived in DC and has tons of Skins fans around to talk football with. But, alas, I live in AZ where the only true fans are from other cities.

Anyways, we'll continue this hopefully with more factual discussion rather than the dissing, etc.

peace.

Patrick threw for 77 in 1/2 a game...

Brunell would do that in a full game...

Lets not get crazy on it yet: I was a Brunell backer for 5+ games last year...

*Let me pull out my teeth and tell yall youngins* Back when we had to walk uphill to and from RFK stadium in 5' of snow...

We sucked at preseason and won superbowls... i don't sweat it until game 2...

Ohh yeah and Brunell got lucky with a 97 in a loss to Dallas..

But other than that he never got close to 100 rating...

Ramesy got 100+ rating in 3 of the 7 games he started..

I'd give him a chance..... *I mean really* Show me what makes you think BRUNELL should come back in other than a 2nd team?

Brunell

5-11 Tampa 68.9 rating

6-10 NY 65

6-10 Dallas 97.5

4-12 Cleveland 71.4

9-7 Baltimore ........................................49.1

5-11 Chicago ..........................................46.6

10-6 GB 66.3

6-10 Detroit ..............................................45.7

8-8 Cincinnati 8 attempts 1 complete 1 int....

Ramsey

13-3 Philly 61.2

15-1 Pitt 63.1

6-10 NY 139.2

13-3 Philly 69.8

2-14 SF 103

6-10 Dallas 62.1

8-8 Minnesota 100.8

:point2sky

Don't forget:

Clinton Portis 1 rush for 4yards total

Sometimes I think we need a Front office for half of the redskins fans we have here. They need to be relased or traded and/or sent home with a flat screen..

Whats funny is most yall would like to be sent home with a flat screen. But your at home already in front of the TV like you are playing the game.

In Gibbs I trust.

You know what....Rypien never had "it"...Doug Williams never had "it" but they had enough "it" to win two super bowls between the two of them. Ramsey is just as good as either of those two QBs if he's given time to develop. If his o-line protects for him and his receivers hang onto the ball...you'll see a much better offensive strike.

You can count on that. Mediocre QBs have won 2 Super Bowls for this team. I think Patrick can do well enough to get us to another one.

I'm done arguing this whole Ramsey issue with you, or any other Skins fan. Fact is, I don't think he's good enough. I'm basing my opinion on 13 years playing the game, and over 35 years following my Skins as closely as any fan living away from home can. Yeah, Ramsey is a tough son of a gun. He has a cannon of an arm. I don't feel he will ever have the "IT" factor. I've not seen these signs of greatness a lot of this board speaks about, but notice if you will the sudden increase of doubters, haters, you seem to call us.

Does this mean we don't know WTF we're talking about? All I have to say is, don't just sit there being a Ramsey homer cause you don't want to be wrong. Truly open your eyes, and see it to be true. We just wanna win baby!

I am just looking for improvement on the part of our QB. I did not see it in Ramsey...and as much as it pains me to say it, I saw some zip to Brunell's passes. That is an improvement.

I wanted PR to really shine but he is not. He looks lost, and inept. I am not going to back someone that I know will play inconsistently, and lose games because of errant, impulsive passes. This guy is supposed to be bright. He plays fearful, and makes anxious mistakes. I am shocked so many of you do not see that Ramsey is a trainwreck!

Originally posted by Thiebear

Ohh yeah and Brunell got lucky with a 97 in a loss to Dallas..

But other than that he never got close to 100 rating...

Ramesy got 100+ rating in 3 of the 7 games he started..

I'd give him a chance..... *I mean really* Show me what makes you think BRUNELL should come back in other than a 2nd team?

Brunell

5-11 Tampa 68.9 rating

6-10 NY 65

6-10 Dallas 97.5

4-12 Cleveland 71.4

9-7 Baltimore ........................................49.1

5-11 Chicago ..........................................46.6

10-6 GB 66.3

6-10 Detroit ..............................................45.7

8-8 Cincinnati 8 attempts 1 complete 1 int....

Ramsey

13-3 Philly 61.2

15-1 Pitt 63.1

6-10 NY 139.2

13-3 Philly 69.8

2-14 SF 103

6-10 Dallas 62.1

8-8 Minnesota 100.8

:point2sky

Don't forget:

Clinton Portis 1 rush for 4yards total

Good post. I'm just not ready to pull the plug on Ramsey although I wouldn't say that he's the locked in starter. I'd leave it a little more open. What I did hate to see was he still hangs onto the ball way to long double pumping and taking several steps in the pocket to buy time.

I find it ironic that the same people who waited almost 10 games for Brunell to show something now want to proclaim Ramsey inneffective after 1 half of preseason football. Did you know Cambell and Brunell did most of their damage out of the shotgun? Did you know Ramsey was never in the shotgun the entire time he was in the game? Also, Gibbs started calling new plays for Brunell and Cambell. I'm not going to say Ramsey played great, because his performance did leave something to be desired, but he did not play as bad as some would make it out to be. Perhaps listening to Joe 'I want a controversy' Jacoby has tainted some of your reasoning.

I am concerned with Ramsey release though. I have to wonder if he's changed it since Spurrier,where while he held the ball I think he had a quicker release. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly that bothers me about his throwing mechanics, but something seems a little off.

In any event, I expect that Ramsey will shut enough of you 'reasonable' people up next Friday.

I'm just so confused....I looked forward to Brunell last year and then looked forward to him riding the bench. After seeing Brunell in the beginning of the season I was all for Ramsey and wished Brunell would get shipped to NFL Siberia.

Then...last night...I see Ramsey look inept and Brunell look pretty good.....forget who played vs. the 1st team or 2nd team.....Brunell just looked better.

Arrggghhhh - these QBs are gonna be the death of me. My emotions are all mixed up.....

I love....I hate...I love....I hate.....I'm confused - I think I'm turning into a woman.

Originally posted by TheSteve

I find it ironic that the same people who waited almost 10 games for Brunell to show something now want to proclaim Ramsey inneffective after 1 half of preseason football. Did you know Cambell and Brunell did most of their damage out of the shotgun? Did you know Ramsey was never in the shotgun the entire time he was in the game? Also, Gibbs started calling new plays for Brunell and Cambell. I'm not going to say Ramsey played great, because his performance did leave something to be desired, but he did not play as bad as some would make it out to be. Perhaps listening to Joe 'I want a controversy' Jacoby has tainted some of your reasoning.

I am concerned with Ramsey release though. I have to wonder if he's changed it since Spurrier,where while he held the ball I think he had a quicker release. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly that bothers me about his throwing mechanics, but something seems a little off.

In any event, I expect that Ramsey will shut enough of you 'reasonable' people up next Friday.

I wish it was just one pre-season game, but this has been Ramsey since day-1. For me, everything hinges on improved offense. Last night we had some reason to be encouraged - good o-line play, decent running lanes, open receivers.

But the play of Ramsey was anything but encouraging. I am hoping that he will have a great year, but for me, what I saw last night was a guy who cannot get it done. But maybe it was just one game and he will come around...

Archived