Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grab a stick & beat a dead horse - The Merged QB Threads

illone

Look guys, not trying to be an ass here and not trying to say I told you so, but this thread WILL be around until Ramsey is pulled or until everyone else "gets it."

I always knew Brunell was FAR better than Ramsey in every facet of the game. Now it appears a ROOKIE has more poise than him. No more excuses for a 4th year QB. Serious. I want the Skins to win MORE than any fan out there which is why I know in my heart that trusting Ramsey behind center is futile.

If Ramsey starts this offense is doomed.

I can't wait to bump that Brunell thread from last season:laugh:.

You're really trying to compete with that thread?

Would it matter if the thread was bumped? It was RIGHT and everyone who said what they said based on what Brunell did last year was RIGHT.

Nothing this year or this preseason changes a thing about 2004. You don't get to be retroactively 'right' about a player who stunk in 2004 on his own merits AND in comparison to the other QB.

BUt feel free to let this be "your statement" for 2005.

Please bookmark it because I don't want to waste the 8 kilobytes on it.

Well, Ramsey looked a lot better than Brunell did in the regular season last year. Not sure what to attribute that to, but they were running the same offense.

I just don't see how Brunell can come off of his horrid performance last year and magically become a servicable starter. It's just not gonna happen. Throw him out there against a 1st string offense, and we'll be right back to the old Mark Brunell.

man i wonder about my peoples....i swear..most of you make us look bad, im sorry but ONE PRESEASON game doesnt mean the end...give the man time...

every NFL team is laughing at us during this time, because we either say SUPERBOWL or Critcize a player beacause of one bad game, give the man his chances...let him prove us wrong, if not, then we make the comments...until then, LETS WAIT TILL MID SEASON before any switches...jeez

COME ON SKINS FANS...I BELIEVE IN YOU!

You know what's really funny?

Brunell, by his own horrid play, served a plate of crow to the Brunell-backing, Ramsey-hating set for 9 games.

But ONE preseason game(with all practices, Ramsey being on top) and they get to come and beat their chests again.

You guys are a trip.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

You know what's really funny?

Brunell, by his own horrid play, served a plate of crow to the Brunell-backing, Ramsey-hating set for 9 games.

But ONE preseason game(with all practices, Ramsey being on top) and they get to come and beat their chests again.

You guys are a trip.

:notworthy :wavetowel

Originally posted by Fred Jones

Looking at it from another angle, maybe they both are not cut out to play QB. However, niether has displayed enough to make a decision one way or the other.

THat would be a more reasonable take.

Illone, as for Brunell being better than Patrick ever will be. Sure, maybe the 1999 Brunell was better.

2004 stunk to high heaven beyond all hope of redemption. EVEN if he came back to some level and played better it would not erase last year.

Dude failed to throw for 100 yards FOUR TIMES.

Patrick has never done that when given a full game.

COme on, one or two quarters in a preseason game doesn't erase the fact that Patrick WAS BETTER than Brunell.

LAST YEAR.

And in training camp...THIS YEAR.

:doh:

The bottom line is that neither of the QB's mentioned in this thread are the future of this team, at least not a part of the successful future of this team.

We've got one hope for future QB on this team, and that's only because he hasn't played yet, not allowing us here to rip him a part.

Originally posted by TheREALJBird

yea that brunell is back to his days of glory in jacksonville because he did good against a 2nd string D in the preseason.....light the fireworks

Brunell did suck last season. BUT, the information that we have now appears to show that he was injured and STILL beat out Ramsey. The same arguments that most have in favor of Ramsey still apply to Brunell:

bad oline, new system, etc.

Illone, as for Brunell being better than Patrick ever will be. Sure, maybe the 1999 Brunell was better.

No, dood. Brunell is better than Ramsey will EVER be. You cant find any piece of fact that will ever back your opinion because it does not exist.

Try to argue it, seriously. Make yourself look like an even bigger fool:laugh:.

Anyone with any ounce of 'football smarts' knows that Ramsey DREAMS of achieving what Brunell has in the NFL. You should have woken up by now and realized who Ramsey really is. He's nothing more than a back-up in this league.

Maybe you followed him in college ball and he did a great job. Well, this isnt CUSA anymore, man.

Originally posted by illone

No, dood. Brunell is better than Ramsey will EVER be. You cant find any piece of fact that will ever back your opinion because it does not exist.

Try to argue it, seriously. Make yourself look like an even bigger fool:laugh:.

Anyone with any ounce of 'football smarts' knows that Ramsey DREAMS of achieving what Brunell has in the NFL. You should have woken up by now and realized who Ramsey really is. He's nothing more than a back-up in this league.

Maybe you followed him in college ball and he did a great job. Well, this isnt CUSA anymore, man.

Um, not to put to fine a point on it, but you said Brunell was a better QB before AND LAST YEAR than Ramsey will ever be.

The whole point of most of your post was that this somehow justifies the pro-Brunell Pied Pipers last year.

It doesn't. And this ain't 1998 anymore.

Um, not to put to fine a point on it, but you said Brunell was a better QB before AND LAST YEAR than Ramsey will ever be.

The whole point of most of your post was that this somehow justifies the pro-Brunell Pied Pipers last year.

It doesn't. And this ain't 1998 anymore.

Doesnt matter man, your argument is a pipe dream, based solely on a prediction of future performance. It's not fact and never will be. Brunell was one of the best QB's from the 90's. Ramsey has never won anything except in college.

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

Does this thread still count if Ramsey never starts a game this season, and we goto the playoffs with Brunell or Campbell?

Absolutely. That means I called it before the season even started. More than I can say for Mr. Nibbs, it took him 1 game to figure it out.

What's even funnier is that your whole thread was in vain. Brunell is way better than Ramsey will ever be.

Period.

What is apparent is that you have no short-term recollection of what you say from one post to the next. YOu do not get to define what words and sentences mean, you have to conform to the basics of the written word.

When you say that my thread was in vain, you speak falsely. It is as vain as any other proclamation on a football message board. But it was prophetic, like it or not. Brunell was FAR WORSE than Ramsey was last year.

PERIOD. You can put qualifiers on it, if you like, if that makes you feel better about yourself for backing a QB who couldn't break 100 yards multiple times against defenses that were not strong enough to carry offenses that could not penetrate the Skins D.

So your post was wrong on basically all counts.

2004 is in the books. You were wrong.

That this fact and simple sentence and word usage in English escape you, while you crow over a quarter and a half of a preseason game reveals that you lack an internal filter for impulsive thoughts or that you merely don't perceive time linearly fact as the rest of us do. Perhaps you are an alien?

Originally posted by illone

Absolutely. That means I called it before the season even started. More than I can say for Mr. Nibbs, it took him 1 game to figure it out.

:laugh:

If you go back and check the archives. I called it from day one.

Hence the words, "I REPEAT" in the thread title.

Stop embarrassing yourself, please.

Archived