Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grab a stick & beat a dead horse - The Merged QB Threads

illone

Probably not. I'm betting nobody knows better than Joe what he has in front of him. Mark's playing the way that Joe felt he could when he signed him. After watching stuff on Mark enough to sign him and put him in charge of the O last season,it's reasonable to assume that nothing that Mark is doing now is surprising. Yet, Patrick is the starter. And probably not for the reasons,(I'm sure), that have or have been stated here . Reason for this to me is that Joe also knew and knows what he's got in Patrick Ramsey. He may be hedging a bet here and there, but probably not at the expense of the team.

• 2 weeks later...
Gibbs is smarter than you think. He named Ramsey the starter last season so we would get to see him start in 4 preseason games against 1st stringers in 2005, and not split time with Brunell or anyone else. Four preseason games to prove he could be a competent QB, and be our best option.

He didn't prove anything, and everyone got to see it. Brunell outplayed him every game. Brunell proved he could hit receivers in the hands, Ramsey didn't. That has nothing to do with what string defense you are up against. They both had all day to throw the ball.

Now he could pull Ramsey even before Week 1 and no one can question his decision.

He won't, though. Ramsey will start Week 1. I predict he gets pulled half-time Week 2 if we are losing to Dallas, though.

:laugh: Yeah, halftime of the Dallas game. Wow, where do all those folks come from?

Sorry, I was off by a half. :laugh:

Archived