Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grab a stick & beat a dead horse - The Merged QB Threads

illone

Ok, ladies, here is what I posted over on the game thread. Who knows if anyone responded to it or not, I haven't checked and I don't really care anyway. These are my non-professional, completely homer thoughts. Take them for what they are.

JOE FREAKING GIBBS believes that Ramsey is the best QB for the team right now. Who are you, Mr. Software Designer, or Mr. HR guy, thinking you know better than JOE FREAKING GIBBS which QB is better for this team? If Gibbs believes Ramsey is the best QB for this team at this point in time, then I put my money on his exponentially superior football mind and I believe him. He has forgotten several hundred, perhaps thousand, times more football than you and I will ever know. I know some of you pajama pant wearing, backward baseball hat, fantasy football all-star people may disagree with me, but facts is facts my friends. Hate to bring you back down to Earth.

Joe Gibbs believes, at this point in time, that Patrick Ramsey gives us the best chance to win. I am with him, since I like to think I know a lot about football, but I am not currently the President and Head Coach of a professional football team. So I have to defer to The Man on this one. When the day comes that he believes Ramsey does NOT give us the best chance to win, then I will be happy to unhook my harness from the Ramsey wagon, and attach it to whomever he believes currently gives us the best chance to win. Yes, I am drinking gallon after gallon, and keg after keg of the Gibbs Kool-Aid. And I am proud to admit it.

I guess where I am going with this post is, I am not prognosticating, or losing any sleep freaking out about our quarterback situation or anything like that. I leave losing sleep to the people who are making a lot of money to lose sleep about it, and I will sit back and drink homebrew during very long tailgates and anxiously anticipate how this season turns out...just like every single one of you. My opinion about who should start, or who should get cut, means Jack Schitt, so I will keep them to myself and just enjoy watching football every Sunday. It's been way too fricking long since I've been able to do that. This whole offseason idea that the league has is just unacceptable to me. ;)

Just breathe, everyone. Breathe. This football team is currently in the best hands it could be in. And if you disagree, well then, you are just ignorant and have no sense of history. We fans bleed burgundy and gold, and you know what? So does Coach Joe Gibbs. Please do not forget, EVER, how much this gentleman loves the Redskins and wants to turn them around. He wants them turned around as badly as we do. And not just because he is currently the Coach. It is because the Skins are in his system. They are a part of him. Just like the Skins are a part of us. We have a simpatico super-fan, people. Except he just knows a helluva lot about coaching a pro football team and has won Super Bowls.

NEVER forget that.

Hey tizz, where did you get Joe Gibbs kool-aid? Can I get some?

Also, I was really disappointed to discover that I only bleed burgundy. I mean, I grabbed a kitchen knife just to make sure, and now I'm pretty sure, but I'm also pretty dizzy.

I think if you gave me some of your kool-aid I'd feel better. Good night, mom. I miss you.

:rotflmao: ( <--me entertaining myself )

Wait a minute, you mean Ramsey had the top 3 worst QB ratings in the nfl last year? only ahead of boller and ben smoker? :laugh:

Go caress and ease the bruise on Ramseys' forehead from his tight helmet he wore his rookie season. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:stupid:

Sure. While we're way off-topic, do you think supplemental party jurisdiction is at odds with Article III? Do you also think that the Supreme Court might re-visit its rules on Younger abstention?

Hey tizz, where did you get Joe Gibbs kool-aid? Can I get some?

Also, I was really disappointed to discover that I only bleed burgundy. I mean, I grabbed a kitchen knife just to make sure, and now I'm pretty sure, but I'm also pretty dizzy.

I think if you gave me some of your kool-aid I'd feel better. Good night, mom. I miss you.

:rotflmao: ( <--me entertaining myself )

At least you are cracking yourself up.....have a party!

:cheers:

Ok, ladies, here is what I posted over on the game thread. Who knows if anyone responded to it or not, I haven't checked and I don't really care anyway. These are my non-professional, completely homer thoughts. Take them for what they are.

JOE FREAKING GIBBS believes that Ramsey is the best QB for the team right now.

NEVER forget that.

I didnt make it any farther then this. Joe Gibbs does not believe he is the best. You dont understand Gibbs if your saying this.

Joe Gibbs thought Brunell was best. SO much so that he played him hurt from the first game forward until something like game 8. Then he spend draft picks to draft a QB in the first round.

Ramsey came in because Gibbs had no other choose. Then he played well enough to earn the starting job coming into this season.

All your seeing is JG being JG. He is playing Ramsey because of last season.

He earned what he has gotten so far, which is only starting preseason and JG verbally supporting him. Nothing more. Its not even a sure bet that Ramsey makes it through the first game. Well have to see. JB has done nothing more then that so far.

So making an arguement like Gibbs totally believes in Ramsey just isnt true. Gibbs is just setting an example by showing, if you earn it, you have more rope. He is also doing whats best for the team. The rookie would be risky and we need 2 QBs that can play.

To be honest, I cannot fathom how anyone could witness the kind of arm strength and accuracy that Brunell displayed tonight, and still contend that Ramsey is the better quarterback. It makes no sense whatsover. I think we would all agree that a Mark Brunell that can sling the football 35 yards down the field, off his back foot, right on a line, is a better quarterback than Patrick Ramsey. Brunell fired the ball on a rope all over the field, and when he had to, he made the deep touch throws to Brown and Farris. When Moss and Patten slipped behind the safeties, what did Ramsey do? He misfired both times. What did Brunell do? He hit both times. And of course, Ramsey lovers will say Brunell did it against second team defenses. And that's true. But hasn't Brunell shown over his career that he has the ability to play at the NFL level as a pro-bowl quarterback (three times even)? It's not the speed of the game Brunell struggle with last year. He had that down pat a long time ago. Brunell was injured last year. It's no longer speculation. Brunell could not have made the throws he made tonight last year. Please tell me if I'm wrong. I just don't understand how one can say that Ramsey is the better quarterback when you watch Brunell shoot the ball out of the cannon he now has for his left arm.

As I said earlier, this is simply a question of whether or not Gibbs has the guts to plug Brunell in as the starter. He knows full well Brunell is the better player.

To be honest, I cannot fathom how anyone could witness the kind of arm strength and accuracy that Brunell displayed tonight, and still contend that Ramsey is the better quarterback. It makes no sense whatsover. I think we would all agree that a Mark Brunell that can sling the football 35 yards down the field, off his back foot, right on a line, is a better quarterback than Patrick Ramsey. Brunell fired the ball on a rope all over the field, and when he had to, he made the deep touch throws to Brown and Farris. When Moss and Patten slipped behind the safeties, what did Ramsey do? He misfired both times. What did Brunell do? He hit both times. And of course, Ramsey lovers will say Brunell did it against second team defenses. And that's true. But hasn't Brunell shown over his career that he has the ability to play at the NFL level as a pro-bowl quarterback (three times even)? It's not the speed of the game Brunell struggle with last year. He had that down pat a long time ago. Brunell was injured last year. It's no longer speculation. Brunell could not have made the throws he made tonight last year. Please tell me if I'm wrong. I just don't understand how one can say that Ramsey is the better quarterback when you watch Brunell shoot the ball out of the cannon he now has for his left arm.

As I said earlier, this is simply a question of whether or not Gibbs has the guts to plug Brunell in as the starter. He knows full well Brunell is the better player.

I posted all these facts till I was blue in the face.

Lets just be honest. The people that can’t admit this is just too emotionally immature to get over what happen last season. They cant just see things for what they are. They are the same people who want to put down Mr. Snyder instead of understanding he was an inexperienced owner who spent tones of money to learn his mistakes. But in a relatively short period of time he learn and he landed us Joe Gibbs.

You are going to explain with facts or logic a clear enough picture to make someone more mature. That takes years and sometimes never happens.

Uh huh. So I guess you're saying that Gibbs is a fool, huh? Nah, it doesn't matter than he ran vanilla sets like he did in the scrimmage and first game. None of the three, four, five WR routes we saw. And Ramsey played two series, two series, man.

I posted all these facts till I was blue in the face.

Lets just be honest. The people that can’t admit this is just too emotionally immature to get over what happen last season. They cant just see things for what they are. They are the same people who want to put down Mr. Snyder instead of understanding he was an inexperienced owner who spent tones of money to learn his mistakes. But in a relatively short period of time he learn and he landed us Joe Gibbs.

You are going to explain with facts or logic a clear enough picture to make someone more mature. That takes years and sometimes never happens.

Logic coming from you? :laugh:

Oh man, that was a good one.

Jeez, maybe Snyder should do the right thing and fire Gibbs and make you head coach right? Why? Because, at this time, you know better than him.

:laugh:

This isn't about Ramsey's performance tonight, or about Brunell's performance tonight. It's about the entire preseason. And Brunell has played better in all four games.

And why do I question Gibbs? He's not God, is he? And were you not begging for Brunell's benching come week nine last year? Or do you never question Gibbs under any circumstances?

This isn't about Ramsey's performance tonight, or about Brunell's performance tonight. It's about the entire preseason. And Brunell has played better in all four games.

And why do I question Gibbs? He's not God, is he? And were you not begging for Brunell's benching come week nine last year? Or do you never question Gibbs under any circumstances?

I dont even thing its about questioning Gibbs. It just people are making more out of actions then its worth.

Joe Gibbs thought Brunell was best. SO much so that he played him hurt from the first game forward until something like game 8. Then he spend draft picks to draft a QB in the first round.

Ramsey came in because Gibbs had no other choose. Then he played well enough to earn the starting job coming into this season.

All your seeing is JG being JG. He is playing Ramsey because of last season.

He earned what he has gotten so far, which is only starting preseason and JG verbally supporting him. Nothing more. Its not even a sure bet that Ramsey makes it through the first game. Well have to see. JB has done nothing more then that so far.

So making an arguement like Gibbs totally believes in Ramsey just isnt true. Gibbs is just setting an example by showing, if you earn it, you have more rope. He is also doing whats best for the team. The rookie would be risky and we need 2 QBs that can play.

Put down the glass pipe, man. Brunell played better in the pre-season? :laugh: I guess that Ramsey's stellar play in the game that most considered the most illustrative, the third pre-season game, against the top defense in the league last year didn't register anything with you, right? And I guess that when Brunell came into play against the second string defenses, units which witness a precipitous decline in overall talent from first stringers like that of the Ravens, that doesn't matter right? Oh yeah, and I guess it doesn't matter than the coaches are still tinkering with Ramsey's mechanics, huh?

Hey, you and hands11 can alternate playing the part of Mrs. Brunell, something akin to Mrs. Warner in Bang's "Channel Surfing" cartoon.

Gibbs is smarter than you think. He named Ramsey the starter last season so we would get to see him start in 4 preseason games against 1st stringers in 2005, and not split time with Brunell or anyone else. Four preseason games to prove he could be a competent QB, and be our best option.

He didn't prove anything, and everyone got to see it. Brunell outplayed him every game. Brunell proved he could hit receivers in the hands, Ramsey didn't. That has nothing to do with what string defense you are up against. They both had all day to throw the ball.

Now he could pull Ramsey even before Week 1 and no one can question his decision.

He won't, though. Ramsey will start Week 1. I predict he gets pulled half-time Week 2 if we are losing to Dallas, though.

Gibbs is smarter than you think. He named Ramsey the starter last season so we would get to see him start in 4 preseason games against 1st stringers in 2005, and not split time with Brunell or anyone else. Four preseason games to prove he could be a competent QB, and be our best option.

He didn't prove anything, and everyone got to see it. Brunell outplayed him every game. Brunell proved he could hit receivers in the hands, Ramsey didn't. That has nothing to do with what string defense you are up against. They both had all day to throw the ball.

Now he could pull Ramsey even before Week 1 and no one can question his decision.

He won't, though. Ramsey will start Week 1. I predict he gets pulled half-time Week 2 if we are losing to Dallas, though.

:laugh: Yeah, halftime of the Dallas game. Wow, where do all those folks come from?

Brunell had an QB rating of 83 against starting defenses last year, and a QB rating of 64 against second string defenses last year. He had a QB rating of 91.6 this preseason. Interpret it how you want.

Brunell and Ramsey basically started two halves of last season. Brunell had a rating of 63.9 against six win competition. Ramsey had an 86.1 rating against nine win competition.

Interpret that how you want.

Guys, the Ramsey excuses will never stop. Might as well give up like I did because the Ramsey apologists will find a way to stick up for him even if he's on the bench or on another team. It'll always be the same tired arguement:

"what if"

lame.

Archived