Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grab a stick & beat a dead horse - The Merged QB Threads

illone

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

Goldenster, i gotta ask, why are you defending Ramsey so hardcore? what has he done (besides that rating you keep referencing) to make you want to take a bullet for him? I don't think he's that great, I've defended him in the past, but not to this extreme....

I'm not defending Pat vis-a-vis Pat, I'm defending the use of appropriate decisionmaking in coming to conlcusions about him. I've already said that I'm not sure how he'll turn out, but that, the record as it stands is so rife with circumstances that can hardly be used as yardsticks to judge how he's done, much less how he'll do in the future.

The only thing that comes close is his rating as a starter last year. However, I'll be the first to say that that's no representative either since that's not a stat that spanned an entire season.

Right now, I see a kid with a lot of potential and some glimmer of hope that he can live up to the hype. And there's some solid proof to back that up. That's all.

Originally posted by illone

Ok, I'll stop posting. You can still go to bed tonight knowing that Ramsey has done NOTHING to warrant your lips on his jockstrap. I'd understand if we were winning, but we're not.

I don't care if you, me or the President got played. The point is the Redskins lose games with Ramsey under center. Do you really care about his rating more than his w/l record?

I guess this is the time when I just kinda let you think you've won the argument. I can't discuss this with you if all you care about is his rating.

All I care about is winning football games.

O crap, I thought we were arguing about winning games. I had no idea this was over his rating as a qb.

In that case, yeah he still sux.

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

So when do we have enough info? 5, 8. maybe 10 years?

That is a serious question BTW.

And that's a good question, BTW.

We may never, as 'Skins fans, get to see enough. And this year is realistically Ramsey's last shot. I don't think he's been given a fair shot, mind you, but, as I said in a prior post, life in the NFL is a b!tch. You don't get many chances, and when you do, the fact that life's handed you a bad hand is cold comfort when you're getting judged by your team's brass.

Ok, I'll stop posting. You can still go to bed tonight knowing that Ramsey has done NOTHING to warrant your lips on his jockstrap. I'd understand if we were winning, but we're not.

I don't care if you, me or the President got played. The point is the Redskins lose games with Ramsey under center. Do you really care about his rating more than his w/l record?

I guess this is the time when I just kinda let you think you've won the argument. I can't discuss this with you if all you care about is his rating.

All I care about is winning football games.

You did get played, live with it.

BTW, his record as a starter was 3-4 last year. Not bad considering that he played three of those four games against Philly and Pittsbrugh, both of whom had one loss and both of whom, respectively, got to the Superbowl and AFC Championship game.

But hey, I guess that starter record sucks considering that right? Jeez, ever guess what it might've been if he'd been starting all year?

I doubt anyone here would say that it wouldn't have been a record that would've gotten us in the playoffs.

That's something that's pretty important to me, the playoffs. Jeez, how silly.

Ghost, you are happy with 3-4. Again, we are from different planets. You like 3 wins, I like 9 wins.

We'll never see eye to eye until you base your logic in some sort of reality where winning games means something. Your 'what if' argument is older than dirt.

Originally posted by B.A.M.F.

Give the guy a little time, he deserves at least as much of a shot as Mark got last year. That was half the season, not half of the first preseason game BTW.

Brunell had 9 games hurt.

Patrick has had 3 seasons to show us something.

Since I can't seem to get an answer, how much time as fans should we give to prove he really is an avarage Joe?

Ghost, you are happy with 3-4. Again, we are from different planets. You like 3 wins, I like 9 wins.

We'll never see eye to eye until you base your logic in some sort of reality where winning games means something. Your 'what if' argument is older than dirt.

And we would have had nine wins had Ramsey started all of last year. That in part would've been a result of the sad sack NFC, but it's the truth nonetheless.

Since I can't seem to get an answer, how much time as fans should we give to prove he really is an avarage Joe?

God, this is completely moronic. Do you really think he's been given a fair shot during those three years? Are we going back to this idiotic point again? Hey, how about his QB rating during those games he started? What about the fact that he'd have taken us to the playoffs if he'd been in there all year?

Originally posted by goldenster95

Answer: as 'Skins fans, probably never.

So if he plays the entire season this year, and for whatever reason we go down say, 2 and 8, do we keep playing him cause he has a strong arm, and all that other BS you tried to pass off on an earlier post, or do we yank him?

Are you as a fan going to be OK with losing as long as your buddy Patrick plays, cause you think he is smart enough, strong enough, and dag nabbitt people like him?

What if the planets align, Gibbs gives Ramsey some football acumen via stem cell implantation, Jerry Jones sells the Cowgirls to Oprah, and the Star of David shines brightly in the eye of the defender, then will Ramsey win some games?

What if, right?

God, this is completely moronic. Do you really think he's been given a fair shot during those three years? Are we going back to this idiotic point again? Hey, how about his QB rating during those games he started? What about the fact that he'd have taken us to the playoffs if he'd been in there all year?

Why do you say he would have taken us to the playoffs? The only way we could possibly factor that is to apply his win/loss percentage across the season - which would be either 5-11 or 6-10. Please don't make such a fallacious argument.

I'm not counting the time under spurrier, who would? And I'm not all starry eyed at ramsey, I'm saying we should give him a chance, lets see him a little more givin the starting role. The coaches seem to think he's worth a shot, I'll leave it up to them whether or not Burnell should take back over. Till midway through this season I'd say in answer to your question.

So if he plays the entire season this year, and for whatever reason we go down say, 2 and 8, do we keep playing him cause he has a strong arm, and all that other BS you tried to pass off on an earlier post, or do we yank him?

Are you as a fan going to be OK with losing as long as your buddy Patrick plays, cause you think he is smart enough, strong enough, and dag nabbitt people like him?

God, you're an idiot. And I'm serious when I say that.

I answered your question.

And I also supported my view with much more probative, empirical evidence than that which you just cited above. Or did you seem to just miss that?

Originally posted by JimmiJo

Why do you say he would have taken us to the playoffs? The only way we could possibly factor that is to apply his win/loss percentage across the season - which would be either 5-11 or 6-10. Please don't make such a fallacious argument.

Ummmm . . . let's see here . . . Ramsey was 3-4 while playing against three of the top three teams and defenses in the NFL . . . that's nearly half of the games he started . . . if he plays a "normal" NFL schedule during that time, he's definitely over .500, which gives us nine wins and playoff berth . . .

God, this is completely moronic. Do you really think he's been given a fair shot during those three years?

Yes, I sure do, in fact after playing as bad as he did in preseason last year, I would have sent him packing, but that's me.

Are we going back to this idiotic point again?

What makes it idiotic, the fact you say it is?

You can't even figure out how to display your age in your forum profile.

:laugh:

I made myself some late night scrambled eggs, and it's still going on :)

It's funny, though, to see Goldy's answer to another poster's question COMPLETELY IGNORED so that he could score points.

Problem is, to observers, you're not scoring points if you appear the dullard.

Originally posted by B.A.M.F.

I'm not counting the time under spurrier, who would? And I'm not all starry eyed at ramsey, I'm saying we should give him a chance, lets see him a little more givin the starting role. The coaches seem to think he's worth a shot, I'll leave it up to them whether or not Burnell should take back over. Till midway through this season I'd say in answer to your question.

Oh hey, you've got to count that since it's the only way geniuses like illone can support their arguments.

Archived