Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whiny, predictable threads

Darth Tater

It seems that almost all the football threads have taken on one of several whiny, predictable patterns:

1. <Sportswriter> sucks and here's his latest article. Then a bunch of people post about why this writer is a hater (and most of the time he's not, he's just not being a homer). Several people talk about how IF (they aren't confident enough to say WHEN although they claim to be fans) we start winning it'll go away (as hyper-sensitive as most of us die-hards are, we won't think so). Some of these threads would be okay, but 3-4/day? The staff will publish copies of the football articles.

2. Negative posts. I ignore most of these, I wish more people would.

3. <Player> is an a-hole. This is okay once in a while but there should not be 3-4 posts per day re-hashing the same reasons as to why you hate player X today (especially if you just told us why you love him yesterday).

4. Posts that complain about how whiny and predictable thread have become.

June/July is the deadzone for NFL fans. There isnt much left to talk about.

But no worries... Camp is right around the corner, and we will have great stuff about the team to read and talk about for the next 5 months :)

Life in the slow lane at this time of year. People fuss, whine and so forth. And that's just about the temp of the gatorade being served at camp. Part of the deal. Though in the spirit of the thread.

Wine_and_cheese.jpg

:)

Here's the thing about this website. It is one place where we do not have to be objective if we don't want to. I have to be objective in almost everything else that I do. The mods have given us a great place to come and be homers. A great place to come and profess how we feel about everything Redskins. So deal with it Tater.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

I think this one falls into #4.

Originally posted by LivestrongSkins

isnt this an example of number 4? :confused:

I believe that was the idea...:laugh:

But then on the other hand, everyone likes to jump in the fray. With 30,000+ members, that's a lot of jumping and a lot of fraying. And of course, a lot of people feel that they are going to be the ones to nail it and everyone else will jump in the thread and agree with them, fueling their egos and re-affirming that they really are special. Much like this post.

Agree at will...

:laugh:

Originally posted by Woofer Magoo

I believe that was the idea...:laugh:

But then on the other hand, everyone likes to jump in the fray. With 30,000+ members, that's a lot of jumping and a lot of fraying. And of course, a lot of people feel that they are going to be the ones to nail it and everyone else will jump in the thread and agree with them, fueling their egos and re-affirming that they really are special. Much like this post.

Agree at will...

:laugh:

What he said. ;)

Originally posted by skinstzar

Here's the thing about this website. It is one place where we do not have to be objective if we don't want to. I have to be objective in almost everything else that I do. The mods have given us a great place to come and be homers. A great place to come and profess how we feel about everything Redskins. So deal with it Tater.

yes, they need to switch the url to fantasyland.com because the contents within this website should never ever be confused with reality with the particular subject it covers.

it's a place for people like skinstzar to shield themselves from the reality of the football team they root that is such a non-factor in the NFL every year.

Originally posted by bombastic1000

yes, they need to switch the url to fantasyland.com because the contents within this website should never ever be confused with reality with the particular subject it covers.

it's a place for people like skinstzar to shield themselves from the reality of the football team they root that is such a non-factor in the NFL every year.

:laugh: then why bother posting here?

too obvious

Originally posted by bombastic1000

Tell ya what.

Dig deep into your own damn pocket to fund your our site since you don't like this one.

:ciao:

Originally posted by Darth Tater

It seems that almost all the football threads have taken on one of several whiny, predictable patterns:

1. <Sportswriter> sucks and here's his latest article. Then a bunch of people post about why this writer is a hater (and most of the time he's not, he's just not being a homer). Several people talk about how IF (they aren't confident enough to say WHEN although they claim to be fans) we start winning it'll go away (as hyper-sensitive as most of us die-hards are, we won't think so). Some of these threads would be okay, but 3-4/day? The staff will publish copies of the football articles.

2. Negative posts. I ignore most of these, I wish more people would.

3. <Player> is an a-hole. This is okay once in a while but there should not be 3-4 posts per day re-hashing the same reasons as to why you hate player X today (especially if you just told us why you love him yesterday).

4. Posts that complain about how whiny and predictable thread have become.

Is this what you call "ironic?" :laugh:

Archived