Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Game Apathy Thread: Skins lose 2nd half of game 7-3

Burgundy Yoda

Skins show up in the first half and lay another egg in the 2nd half. There's four things in life that are certain; life, taxes, death, and a Gruden 1st down run in the 2nd half while holding onto a lead. We barely escaped this time, after the bye we've got we've got the Saints who won't be generous. This is the game of the year imo, if we come out flat and we can probably expect another average year. If we come out with a win, I think this season could be better than we expected. 

I hope it's okay to complain after a win around here ?

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Barely escaped? Our defense was dominate in the second half AGAIN. Pathetic thread I am sorry.

I'll counter this with how our offense looked in the 2nd half. It wasn't pretty to say the least. 

Just now, Bacon said:

This is satire, right? It's difficult to tell these days.

This week's thread is sort of a joke, yes ?

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Barely escaped? Our defense was dominate in the second half AGAIN. Pathetic thread I am sorry.

Op is right. You score 28 in the first half then score 3 in the second half? That’s bs. A win is a win but we should expect more from this squad than that crap. Luckily our defense looks like it could be Levite. Otherwise this could have gotten ugly.

If that 4th and 2 and 3rd and 10 drops by Cobb and Kenricks were catches...man we're probably singing a different tune, although I think we still would have hung on to win. Pack D looked gassed late and we would have put on more points but Gruden played it safe with the double digit+ lead and it worked out.

This thread sucks.  We just dominated a team for second time in three weeks and we got an apathy thread?  What a joke, @Burgundy Yoda there are other places to state your opinion about this besides making another negative one.

Damn shame you fell apathy after this game considering how many were ready to bury this team after two weeks.  Proud more like it.

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Honestly I hope the team makes me eat my words every week with these threads. 

They already did.

1 minute ago, rdskn4eva said:

Op is right. You score 28 in the first half then score 3 in the second half? That’s bs. A win is a win but we should expect more from this squad than that crap. Luckily our defense looks like it could be Levite. Otherwise this could have gotten ugly.

No Op is not right. We played about the most conservative gameplan we could in the 2nd half BECAUSE the defense kept doing it's job. Did they have some drops? Yep. But when it really mattered the defense held on a key drive then forced a turnover on the next drive. They played OUTSTANDING against possibly the best QB that has ever lived.

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

it's all Gruden.  He really bugs me.  He looks so unconfident on the sideline.  He doesn't know how to make halftime adjustments.  He needs to hire somebody to help him specifically with just that.

He said he probably give up playcalling duties.  Can anyone confirm if he did or who he would give it to?

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This thread sucks.  We just dominated a team for second time in three weeks and we got an apathy thread?  What a joke, @Burgundy Yoda there are other places to state your opinion about this besides making another negative one.

Damn shame you fell apathy after this game considering how many were ready to bury this team after two weeks.  Proud more like it.

They already did.

I'm not putting any negativity in any other thread. I feel like you can always look at what went wrong in games, it's not always sunshine and rainbows even in wins. 

Satirical or not, this is why a lot of our fans are always negative, even if we win they are always pissed off as if we were super bowl bound. Enjoy a great upset win against a team almost everyone including our own 'fans' expected we lose. 

Next week are against the Saints so wins might be a little hard to come by. 

The weather had something to do with it, but a win is a win regardless.

I do think the Matthews sack of Smith flag was BS, he didn't try to kill Smith but it was a brutal sack, and legal IMO. Had this been Kerrigan or Allen doing this to Rodgers I'd say the same thing. This is going to really affect d-lines negatively.

If we score 31 points a week we will win more than we lose with our improved defense.

It's concerning that we haven't scored a TD in the 2nd half this year (I think), also we are basically taking away half the field on offense by only running to the left except for the WR gimmick plays.

Maybe Jay knew the right side was too beat up but if I could see it and predict it I know the Pack could.  We gotta figure something out there.

We have some consistency on defense, just gotta figure out how to remove head from ass in the 2nd half.

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

Then I think it's better to complain in a thread like this than in the game thread we just won. I'm happy we won, just not convinced like you seem to be. I actually predicted we'd win today ?

Convinced of what?  That we aren't as bad as people said we were or talented as people claimed us to be?  Sayin next game is game of the season doesnt make sense, losing we are 2-2. Its one thing to make a post game thread, you already looking for everything wrong.  I feel sad you feel apathy.  

39 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

No Op is not right. We played about the most conservative gameplan we could in the 2nd half BECAUSE the defense kept doing it's job. Did they have some drops? Yep. But when it really mattered the defense held on a key drive then forced a turnover on the next drive. They played OUTSTANDING against possibly the best QB that has ever lived.

Which is an excellent way to lose a game when you're playing an elite QB who can score on you from pretty much anywhere at any time. Those two drops were HUGE. Considering how well the Packers offense was moving up and down the field in the 2nd half up until then, either/both of those very well could have ended up as scoring drives and then oops! we're talking about a possible tied game or even GB in the lead. Then we're forced to play from behind late in the 4th quarter and potentially talking about one of the worst choke jobs ever by a Skins team. 

If you have your foot on the throat on a team like GB at the half...you keep your damn foot there WHILE also keeping up your defensive play. You don't just hope that one or the other can carry the rest of the game. That's simply flat out stupid gameplanning and coaching. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

That's simply flat out stupid gameplanning and coaching. 

11 point lead, and they didn't want to spark yet another losing 2nd half opponent by turning the ball over. It is annoying, depressing, and a true eye roll experience. 

It is NOT stupid gameplanning when it works, though. 

It is a gamble. If it doesn't work, they better be prepared to get pummeled by criticism. When it does work, celebrate the win, I will. 

13 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

11 point lead, and they didn't want to spark yet another losing 2nd half opponent by turning the ball over. It is annoying, depressing, and a true eye roll experience. 

It is NOT stupid gameplanning when it works, though. 

It is a gamble. If it doesn't work, they better be prepared to get pummeled by criticism. When it does work, celebrate the win, I will. 

11 point lead, with a full quarter to play, against one of the best QBs to ever play the game and an offense that had started moving the ball successfully. Nothing is stupid when it works I guess, but IMO if we played that last quarter 100 times with the exact same strategy, we'd probably lose 75 of those games. 

And obviously you don't want to turn the ball over when you have a lead but it isn't a binary choice. You can play with a little caution without going into full blown cradling yourself and rocking back and forth on the floor mode. It just drives me nuts because it seems like Gruden constantly plays scared whenever he has a lead and we end up with a completely neutered offense at that point, regardless of how potent it had been up until then.

The only other thing I can think of is that Gruden really WANTS to keep going but he's just inept at making adjustments once the other team counters his specific gameplan.

Archived