Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

When did the Fly Eagles Fly thing start. This is a new stupid thing right?  I don’t remember it from long ago...

"The Eagles' Victory Song" was written in the mid-1950s and rearranged and retitled as "Fly, Eagles Fly" by Bobby Mansure & Brian Saunders in 1995.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I thought that catch might be a TD, due to that rule, that if a receiver is pushed out of bounds after catching it, they go by where his feet would have landed.

Am I remembering that incorrectly ?

They changed it. Doesn't apply anymore.

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

I thought that catch might be a TD, due to that rule, that if a receiver is pushed out of bounds after catching it, they go by where his feet would have landed.

Am I remembering that incorrectly ?

Push out rule got eliminated a long time ago.

Falcons offense is just god awful in the RZ. They make our RZ offense look like the '99 Rams in comparison. Holy crap.

I think they screwed up with that first timeout call at around the 1:10 mark. You didn't need to call it so early. With better TO management they could have maybe ran the ball once they got closer.

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

The refs missed some calls early, but the Eagles were garbage all night, they could've been beat by any team. They looked far from SB champs, they're ripe for the picking.

I'd agree, but Foles is starting right now, not Wentz.

9 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

The refs missed some calls early, but the Eagles were garbage all night, they could've been beat by any team. They looked far from SB champs, they're ripe for the picking.

The Eagles are missing there starting QB and WR. If they were going to lose, tonight would have been the night. They played a playoff team and won. You say they are ripe for the picking. I say we are in trouble.

4 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

The Eagles are missing there starting QB and WR. If they were going to lose, tonight would have been the night. They played a playoff team and won. You say they are ripe for the picking. I say we are in trouble.

This point can only be met with how horrible Atlanta played.  I don't think anyone has philly right where they want them, but Atlanta didn't look like a playoff team tonight, either.

Archived