Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

30 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

The private schools here are nearly as bad. The admin told us, "here's the tuition. But you need to do X-amount of fundraising or volunteering to get that price." So that's NOT the price. IF your pricing model is not sustainable without a fundraising component then you're kidding yourself. 

Exactly! When we get the fundraising junk, we call the teacher/coach (whatever) and ask, “how much do I need to wrote the check for so we don’t have to do this?”

Usually it equals about $200.

In my book, that is well worth my time and sanity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Exactly! When we get the fundraising junk, we call the teacher/coach (whatever) and ask, “how much do I need to wrote the check for so we don’t have to do this?”

Usually it equals about $200.

In my book, that is well worth my time and sanity.

I send it to my inlaws to deal with.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I send it to my inlaws to deal with.  

We’ve done that too.

We’ll write fund raising letters for donations for teams. That actually works.

Although, my daughter had a killer sales line for her soccer team cookie dough fund raiser, “Good afternoon Ma’am, would your like to make a donation to our soccer team? For a $20 you get a box of cookie dough.”

10 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Yo dumbass, they don't even have our football in the UK - it's what we call soccer, and it's boring.

?

Boring????

Oh you mean that American football is so exciting that it takes 3 hours for a game that is only actually played for 15 minutes? Maybe it’s the endless replays they show because NOTHING is happening that’s exciting, or maybe the red shirting of QB’s, or the endless atom splitting of “was it a catch”, or the US teams that travel to London for a 9am game, or the ties real sports don’t end in ties! LoL!!!

Oh the irony.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Boring????

Oh you mean that American football is so exciting that it takes 3 hours for a game that is only actually played for 15 minutes? Maybe it’s the endless replays they show because NOTHING is happening that’s exciting, or maybe the red shirting of QB’s, or the endless atom splitting of “was it a catch”, or the US teams that travel to London for a 9am game, or the ties real sports don’t end in ties! LoL!!!

Oh the irony.

Ahhhh, so you're that guy who gets salty when someone disses soccer? 

(I actually think soccer is pretty cool but don't freak out when people rag on it) 

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Don't fall for it. ASF is doing this to you on this thread.

giphy.webp

?

Ohh, I'm not falling for it.  Few years ago I figured it's kinda useless to argue with people about their personal tastes and preferences past a certain point.  I find it funny that ASF has a sore butthole about it though :) 

• Haha 1

Which major sports you think are boring comes down to personal preference.  There is no right or wrong answer generally speaking.  Though, you probably shouldn’t be calling any sport boring if you watch golf.  

I enjoy fishing, and so I (just like golf fans) also have no room to complain about the boring hobbies others.  Floating around in a plastic kayak that smells vaguely like fish and plastic worms is my idea of an ideal morning.  No one will ever convince me otherwise.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ahhhh, so you're that guy who gets salty when someone disses soccer? 

(I actually think soccer is pretty cool but don't freak out when people rag on it) 

LOL! Nah, just giving back what I'm getting LOL.

I still like football. But, when someone disses soccer and means it that irritates me. We've got no small percentage of slopped foreheads around us who insist on calling them turf fairies. Now that does piss me off.

8 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Hmmm. Now that the NFL enforces the rule differently, QBs seem to be evolving a new strategy.

Neymar would be proud.....

13 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

In Soccer's defense, I thought flopping went down considerably with VAR during the WC. 

It did, considerably, combine the VAR with the yellow card punishment for embellishment and it's had a significant effect.

NFL will be doing this soon...or they had better or else it's going to get stupid REALLY fast.

23 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

LOL! Nah, just giving back what I'm getting LOL.

I still like football. But, when someone disses soccer and means it that irritates me. We've got no small percentage of slopped foreheads around us who insist on calling them turf fairies. Now that does piss me off.

Neymar would be proud.....

Turf Fairies? Never heard that one before.  

I'd watch more of it if I had the time.  One great thing about it is that there aren't any commercial breaks until the half.  45 mins and 45 mins of non stop play, which is great.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'd watch more of it if I had the time.  One great thing about it is that there aren't any commercial breaks until the half.  45 mins and 45 mins of non stop play, which is great.  

Exactly, the double edged sword is that it's the exact reason advertisers don't like it. But, with the uniform ads,  and on field ads they get lots of time. I can imagine doing split screen stuff as well at some point, that could certainly help with the revenue side.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If you've never watched Rugby, it's a nice median between the American and soccer. The All of Nothing on Prime Video on the new Zealand All Blacks is a great entry point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1