Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another "What if we won the Super Bowl this season" question...

Ok, imagine we actually somehow got to the Super Bowl and even won the mf'er lol..

Who among the Redskins organization (from players and coaches to front office and ownership) would you feel happiest for, and why?

For example, for me:

- Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan...both have been through all the chaos, dysfunction and crappy season and yet kept playing at high levels...they deserve the victory

- Doug Williams...ol' "Puppet, figurehead 'promoted' to placate the masses, what has he ever done" gets some vindication and validation, and hopefully shuts up a helluva lot of people

- Derrius Guice...after the **** he went through during the draft, to end up starting in the Super Bowl and seeing he and his teammates win it, would be sweet...nice ending to a story that started out so ****ty

- Alex Smith...paid his dues, is an incredible class act, humble as hell, yet constantly disrespected...even when he gets praised there are just as many people willing to roll their eyes at the thought that he just might have warranted the praise...so if he became Super Bowl MVP and held up the trophy, I'd be damn happy for him.

1 minute ago, Darth Tater said:

Since it would probably mean the defense really stepped it up, Greg Manusky.

Hadn't thought of him...

I think I'll have to add Jay Gruden to my list...I really like the guy and keep hoping he develops into one of the better coaches in the NFL. Would be nice to see the one coach who got more than 4 years here end up rewarding the patience with a SB win.

17 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

- Doug Williams...ol' "Puppet, figurehead 'promoted' to placate the masses, what has he ever done" gets some vindication and validation, and hopefully shuts up a helluva lot of people

I can get down with the rest of the list but I’m not following how Doug would be vindicated in his role if the Skins won the Super Bowl this season.

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can get down with the rest of the list but I’m not following how Doug would be vindicated in his role if the Skins won the Super Bowl this season.

Do you still think he's only a puppet/figurehead?...He'll get--and deserve--credit for any successes that occur while he's in charge of the personnel and scouting departments. He's apparently a big reason we went with Guice and Payne--not that nobody else wanted them but he had a personal connection with Guice and made "getting the RB situation fixed" a priority, and I guess broke the tie in favor of drafting Payne...we win the SB, both of those guys will have probably played important roles in that happening. If we sunk back down to a 3-13 record Williams would definitely be getting blame, believe that. It would be seen as just an underscoring of how unqualified he was to begin with. So if people are intellectually honest, he should get just as much credit and validation in a scenario where the Skins win the Super Bowl in his first full season/year elevated to his new role.

Yep manusky, Callahan..I love this topic btw....Trent Williams, kerrigan, Scherff,Alex Smith for sure most certainly..him and Randy Moss i feel the worst for..umm..Norman, Snyder, WOW, Doug Williams.. SANTANA MOSS..I know this should be towards players who are currently playing.. Captain Chaos for sure.. but I look at players who have stuck with the organization and do stuff with them so I guess I could go on all day with this list lol..

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Do you still think he's only a puppet/figurehead?...He'll get--and deserve--credit for any successes that occur while he's in charge of the personnel and scouting departments. He's apparently a big reason we went with Guice and Payne--not that nobody else wanted them but he had a personal connection with Guice and made "getting the RB situation fixed" a priority, and I guess broke the tie in favor of drafting Payne...we win the SB, both of those guys will have probably played important roles in that happening. If we sunk back down to a 3-13 record Williams would definitely be getting blame, believe that. It would be seen as just an underscoring of how unqualified he was to begin with. So if people are intellectually honest, he should get just as much credit and validation in a scenario where the Skins win the Super Bowl in his first full season/year elevated to his new role.

Very well said..I kinda had a chip on my shoulder against Doug but he came around and got his head straight lol and he would definitely get my nod.. the Goosebumps I still remember having when he killed the Broncos in the Super Bowl..

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yep manusky, Callahan..I love this topic btw....Trent Williams, kerrigan, Scherff,Alex Smith for sure most certainly..him and Randy Moss i feel the worst for..umm..Norman, Snyder, WOW, Doug Williams.. SANTANA MOSS..I know this should be towards players who are currently playing.. Captain Chaos for sure.. but I look at players who have stuck with the organization and do stuff with them so I guess I could go on all day with this list lol..

Randy Moss?

Bruce Allen I suppose...I mean..you would have to say #bruceallendrinkscoorslightandsodoi should be mentioned..

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Randy Moss?

Yes for sure..I know he's a Deva and pulled some **** but dude is a baller.. however that's spelled.. especially to go undefeated and almost break and NFL record a major one and not get the Super Bowl yes I was very glad to see the Patriots lose despite it being against the Giants and I was going for the Patriots but glad they lost loved it but felt bad for Moss..

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Bruce Allen I suppose...I mean..you would have to say #bruceallendrinkscoorslightandsodoi should be mentioned..

I wouldn't feel happy for Allen if we won the SB...I may feel happy for me that hopefully we can give the default "Same ol' dysfunctional Redskins with untrustworthy Bruce in charge" a rest for at least a year lol...

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Who among the Redskins organization (from players and coaches to front office and ownership) would you feel happiest for, and why?

Probably Williams, Kerrigan, Thompson, and Smith for the same reasons you listed.

And I don't know about " happy ", but I would be " mildly amused " if Snyder does his entire post-game press conference while balancing the Lombardi Trophy on his middle finger.

47 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Ok, imagine we actually somehow got to the Super Bowl and even won the mf'er lol..

For example, for me:

- Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan...both have been through all the chaos, dysfunction and crappy season and yet kept playing at high levels...they deserve the victory

- Derrius Guice...after the **** he went through during the draft, to end up starting in the Super Bowl and seeing he and his teammates win it, would be sweet...nice ending to a story that started out so ****ty

- Alex Smith...paid his dues, is an incredible class act, humble as hell, yet constantly disrespected...even when he gets praised there are just as many people willing to roll their eyes at the thought that he just might have warranted the praise...so if he became Super Bowl MVP and held up the trophy, I'd be damn happy for him.

I would echo Ryan Kerrigan and Trent Williams for sure.

Also Josh Norman, I love what he is about as a player.  I would also be happy for Jay, who I think is a good coach and good human

I am a HUGE Jay Gruden fan; I honestly think he’s the best thing to happen to the Redskins in about 25 years. So I’d be happy for him. 

But my top answer is a simple and unpopular one: Dan Snyder. 

Why? Well, first of all because I don’t loathe every fiber of his being like so many here. But mainly because deep down I know he truly and deeply cares— it’s likely a big part of why he’s made as many poor decisions as he has— he is a huge, passionate, lifelong Redskins fan. And it’s possibly that fantaticism and team ownership aren’t a great combo. But I do think he very much loves the Redskins— and not just for monetary purposes but for the same purposes I do. Certainly doesn’t absolve him from his missteps and mistakes. But I would really be happy for the guy; I think it would mean more to him than just about any other owner. 

38 minutes ago, zoony said:

I would echo Ryan Kerrigan and Trent Williams for sure.

Also Josh Norman, I love what he is about as a player.  I would also be happy for Jay, who I think is a good coach and good human

Ditto Norman for the same reason...again, another I forgot.

29 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I feel bad calling him that, but I don’t think of him as a personnel guy.

So to tie that together, I also wouldn’t heap blame on him if things go poorly.

Fair enough...you're rare in that regard lol...

Id think a SB win probably would mean a healthy, contributing Jordan Reed playing a big part.  After his battles with injuries over the last few years, would be nice for the guy to reach his full beast potential in helping get us to a championship.

I don't want to derail the thread, but it'd be hard for me to be thrilled for Snyder.  I recognize he's likely mellowed through the years and probably regrets some of the ways he has treated people, but its just personally difficult for me to give him a pass for that early-on stuff. People always talk about how "young" he was, but he was in his early-to-mid 30s, not a teenager. You should know how to treat people by then. 

WoW, great topic @Califan007!

I also echo the sentiments regarding Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan.  Those men are warriors...luv 'em!

BUUUUT I'll go in a different direction: I would be really happy for Quinton Dunbar. 

And I would be genuinely happy for him.  But I'd also be proud of him.  He was converted to Corner in The NFL.  No small thing.  And he was thrown to the fire (sort of) and proved he could handle it.  And he not only stuck, but worked himself into being a Starting Caliber NFL Cornerback, essentially from nowhere.

I like him, but I love what he represents for us; it's the new Washington Redskins.  We draft and develop our own & whup your ass with 'em.

The easy picks for me would be:

Kerrigan

Williams

Some others

Quinton Dunbar - Dude has always done what he's been asked and he's progressing up the depth chart.  If we were to win a SB, he'd be a big part of it as the no. CB

Vernon Davis - Local guy... ageless wonder.  He's paid his dues, and won a title with Denver, but he's put in his work here.  He's never been a vocal issue about playing time, he's accepted his role as Reed's backup, knowing that he'll get his shots, and he appears to be a good teammate.

Bill Callahan -  Came here to be the O-line coach.  Want's that role, embraces that role... even when the OC job opened up.  Has 1 SB appearance and it was a drama filled losing effort to the Bucs.  Raiders players apparently came out and claimed that Callahan intentionally lost the game because of his relationship with Gruden (who he had replaced as HC). 

One person I'd feel terrible for would be D.Hall.  I think he's still associated with the team, and i'd imagine he'll be doing media very soon now that he's retired, but it would have to suck to know that this soon after you leave, the team reaches the top.  

8 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Jay Gruden - he came into a "no-win" environment and, in my opinion, has done a fantastic job of blocking out the (perceived and real) noise in the front office to provide stability to this team. I think he's the perfect head coach, so I'd love to see him continue to improve and win a couple Super Bowls here. 

That's for damn sure...

I would feel very happy for Gruden, the players, the fans, especially old guys like me, and then my wife would spoil it by nudging me to wake up and get up to take the dog out.  All my joy would fade and I would be left hoping the dog would make it to the woods to take his morning dump so I wouldn't be stuck picking up the smelly mess with a plastic bag off of one of the yards along the way.

Archived