Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The XXIII Olympic Winter Games In PyeongChang

PleaseBlitz

On 17/2/2018 at 5:15 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

The czech that just ran the super G is not human. 

Despite her undisputable talent, she had some luck and help :

- The super G was just normal, easy, no difficulty concerning the course of the race. All the competitors finished the race.

- There was a few number of competitors

- Most of all she got helped by Mikaela Shiffrin. She borrowed her skis. We all know that a great wax is a major asset. Since she won by one hundredth of a second, I seriously doubt she could have done it with her own skis.

Edit : "A Russian athlete who won a bronze medal in the mixed curling at the Winter Olympics has reportedly failed a drugs test. Reports in the Russian newspaper Sport Express suggested the male curler, Alexander Krushelnytsky, had been found with meldonium in his urine." Link

Meldonium to play Curling ?!!!  :806:

Count me as someone who has written off Ice Dancing as being completely enthralled by the medal performing teams last night... Figure Skating most certainly is way more of a sport than Curling. 

Couldn't have been a greater contrast between the teams -- the brother and sister Shibutanis who have "written their own way" to do an ice dancing performance with great technical skill and familial affection with no sexual awkwardness.  I was glad to see them medal over the other American team who were not as technically proficient. 

Then we had the France-Canada showdown.  For sure I thought France had it as their skating was powerful and precise, and their routine was perfect.  And then we had the Canadian "horizontal dance on ice".  Yes - I thought team France was way more powerful and proficient, but team Canada melted the ice and brought the house down...

Judging by this thread, looks like Olympics not doing so great in America... my family has been into it...

11 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Count me as someone who has written off Ice Dancing as being completely enthralled by the medal performing teams last night... Figure Skating most certainly is way more of a sport than Curling. 

Couldn't have been a greater contrast between the teams -- the brother and sister Shibutanis who have "written their own way" to do an ice dancing performance with great technical skill and familial affection with no sexual awkwardness.  I was glad to see them medal over the other American team who were not as technically proficient. 

Then we had the France-Canada showdown.  For sure I thought France had it as their skating was powerful and precise, and their routine was perfect.  And then we had the Canadian "horizontal dance on ice".  Yes - I thought team France was way more powerful and proficient, but team Canada melted the ice and brought the house down...

Judging by this thread, looks like Olympics not doing so great in America... my family has been into it...

I think there is something to be said about watching the long or "free" figure skating programs.  The shorts are just that, short and too structured.  I still can't get into figure skating as much but I like seeing the creativity in the long programs comparatively.

I do recall this thread doing better in past years, and moreso for the summer games.  I guess people are losing interest.  I've enjoyed watching every night.  I again have to reiterate my earlier post regarding NBC's coverage....  That may be a big reason why people are not watching the games as a whole.

23 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Thanks a lot for your support, that was sad because our couple lost to a wardrobe malfunction which cost them 1.74 pts.

There was a Canadian judge officiating, which is quite shocking. What is quite scandalous is that she is the only judge who didn't award any 10 to the French among the 5 ratings (level, transitions, performance, composition and interpretation). On the other hand, she awarded Four 10 out of Five to her competitors !!! We got Robbed !!!!

Anyways, they managed to win the free dance and beat their own unofficial world record.

Cheers :cheers: !  Team USA women cross country skiing sprint relay just won the gold medal ! I saw the race, the finish was really thrilling, outsprinting Sweden and Norway. Replay

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

Thanks a lot for your support, that was sad because our couple lost to a wardrobe malfunction which cost them 1.74 pts.

There was a Canadian judge officiating, which is quite shocking. What is quite scandalous is that she is the only judge who didn't award any 10 to the French among the 5 ratings (level, transitions, performance, composition and interpretation). On the other hand, she awarded Four 10 out of Five to her competitors !!! We got Robbed !!!!

Anyways, they managed to win the free dance and beat their own unofficial world record.

Cheers :cheers: !  Team USA women cross country skiing sprint relay just won the gold medal ! I saw the race, the finish was really thrilling, outsprinting Sweden and Norway. Replay

I know we only care about this every 4 years... but hopefully that team can come back and be as dominant as the Canadians had been for the past 10 years... that one basically seemed to come down to getting the crowd into it or giving it to the fan favorites.  Honestly, it was a coin toss...

I don't think I was into Sochi as much as family has been into this one... but to be a competitive figure skater is crazy.  You need to be absolutely perfect through 2 routines -- even out of the top 30 in the world, only a handful of females were able to do it.  Think about pairs/couples where you have to both be perfect through both routines. 

Man, this is why I love sports... so unpredictable.  Men's slalom, the top two both missed gates. Like the German luger who did not have a completely clean run.

Sure, Hockey will probably go down the way we think, but Shiffron and Vonn are in position to get on the podium.

15 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Wow, #2 from Canada instantly took off her silver medal.

The agony and sadness in their eyes was obvious. Feel bad for them, but feel happier for the US women! I personally wouldn't take off the medal at the ceremony but I understand. 

4 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Wow, #2 from Canada instantly took off her silver medal.

Hockey is an integral part of Canada's national identity (I should know I lived there for 4 years). 

Losing to the US is a GIGANTIC blow to their ego (even if it is only women's hockey).

Archived