Westbrook36

1953 Yankees, 1960 Canadians, 1996 Bulls.....2017 Philadelphia Eagles

Maybe the mods can change Westy’s avatar to a picture of a troll, peaking his head out of a submarine waving an Iggles pennant.  

Just an idea since the empty trophy case is gone.

On 2/7/2018 at 5:23 AM, Westbrook36 said:

This is obviously the start of a dynasty. The backup QB for the Eagles has more playoff wins in the last month than the Redskins franchise has since 1992. 

I doubt you'd be here if the Patriots won. 

Thank god for Pennsylvania's own Gene Steratore. 

• Like 2

You know - Jeff Lurie was almost the owner of the Patriots. They were his favorite team growing up. He even thought buying the Eagles in '94 was a mistake. 

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/how-jeff-lurie-almost-bought-patriots

“I do remember when I made the investment, I think the Wall Street Journal said this was the dumbest investment of the year. It was an emotional investment, it had no basis in reality," Lurie said. "And the crazy thing is, I thought they were right.” 

Who knows who would have ended up buying the Birds instead - maybe some rich Philly fan boy like Snyder. 

Damn it all. 

On 2/8/2018 at 9:53 AM, pjfootballer said:

Maybe the mods can change Westy’s avatar to a picture of a troll, peaking his head out of a submarine waving an Iggles pennant.  

Just an idea since the empty trophy case is gone.

If you refer to the Eagles, can you please correctly refer to them as the “World Champion Eagles”.....thanks in advance. 

7 minutes ago, Westbrook36 said:

If you refer to the Eagles, can you please correctly refer to them as the “World Champion Eagles”.....thanks in advance. 

I am happy for you Westy.  The cool thing is the high lasts, well, always.  We always look back to our three SB wins and "Remember when...".  You will keep these memories for a lifetime, trust me.  Congratulations, and welcome to the club!  

Edited by Riggo'sRangers

1 hour ago, Westbrook36 said:

:eagles_suck:

20vwsr.jpg

2 hours ago, Westbrook36 said:

No thank you. I’m not politically correct, so Philthy can suck it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Westbrook36 said:

I'd sooner french kiss the Philly Phanatic and jump off the Walt Whitman Bridge. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Wow.  Took you 52 tries but you got one finally.  That's great.

PS: 3-1, Good Guys

OK Uncle Rico. :P

6 hours ago, Westbrook36 said:

Eagles Trophy Case. 

So I guess somebody ate that can of Chunky Soup then...

• Haha 2

All those 'Skins fans who were all "yeah, I guess it's cool the Eagles won a Super Bowl" have either never seen this thread or are low key Philly fans.

Though @eaglesfandan is right - 'Skins are totally the Uncle Rico of the NFL.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

'Skins are totally the Uncle Rico of the NFL.

I thought that was the Dolphins and the fans that still talk about '72 even though they weren't born until '85.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2018 at 12:44 PM, Westbrook36 said:

Eagles Trophy Case. 

<edit pic of  Iggles lame one trophy>

Looks awful lonely in there.

ap_bw_24_gibbs_and_trophies_0114_2192277

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Do you ever wake up and wonder if it was all a dream...that the Eagles didn’t win the Superbowl?

Me neither. 

41AC3886-5F19-4D92-990B-C46A089A55C3.jpeg

B39EDB88-096A-4794-A681-3C76311584DE.jpeg

Edited by Westbrook36

8 minutes ago, Westbrook36 said:

Do you ever wake up and wonder if it was all a dream...that the Eagles didn’t win the Superbowl?

Me neither. 

Do you ever wake up and wonder if it was all a dream... that you actually met bright, intelligent non-trollish iggle fans?

Me neither.

s-l300.jpg

On 3/5/2018 at 8:19 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

I thought that was the Dolphins and the fans that still talk about '72 even though they weren't born until '85.

Naw, the Dolphins are the Disco Stu of the NFL.

latest?cb=20150814211254

16 hours ago, Westbrook36 said:

Me neither. 

41AC3886-5F19-4D92-990B-C46A089A55C3.jpeg

B39EDB88-096A-4794-A681-3C76311584DE.jpeg

Isn't that stadium in a concrete lot nowhere near anything?  Did you really travel down there to take those pics? :rofl89::eagles_suck:

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2018 at 5:46 PM, SkinsGuy said:

Looks awful lonely in there.

ap_bw_24_gibbs_and_trophies_0114_2192277

I love this picture. That press conference was literally the greatest moment for the Redskins over the last 25 years. 

On 3/5/2018 at 7:49 PM, thebluefood said:

All those 'Skins fans who were all "yeah, I guess it's cool the Eagles won a Super Bowl" have either never seen this thread or are low key Philly fans.

Though @eaglesfandan is right - 'Skins are totally the Uncle Rico of the NFL.

I've seen this thread, I remember Who Del, I don't like dynasties if they aren't ours.

• Like 1

It's rumored the eagles start their season on Thursday night kickoff game against Kirk Cousins and the Vikings 

Will be interesting to see who starts for the Eagles Foles or Wentz.  If Wentz, he comes back rusty and not fully healed and gets destroyed by a nasty Minnesota defense.  If Foles, we all know he is going to fall back to earth and will look average in which case I like Minnesota's chances.

Eagles go into week 2 0-1. :eagles_suck:

Not sure how many of you are familiar with The Goldbergs, an ABC sitcom about a Philadelphia family in the 80s.  Some major sacrelig is committed at the very beginning of this recent episode (I'm talking in the 1-2 second mark), labeling hallowed ground as the Vet:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-goldbergs/episode-guide/season-05/20-the-opportunity-of-a-lifetime

• Haha 1