Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was your favorite film of 1988?

Ron78

What was your favorite film of 1988?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite film of 1988?

• Rain Man
    • Who Framed Roger Rabbit
    • Coming to America
    • Big
    • Twins
    • Die Hard
    • The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!
    • ****tail
    • Beetlejuice
    • Working Girl
    • A Fish Called Wanda
    • Scrooged
    • Willow
    • Beaches
    • Bull Durham
    • Colors
    • Young Guns
    • Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
    • The Great Outdoors
    • Tequila Sunrise
    • Midnight Run
    • Red Heat
    • Hellbound: Hellraiser II
    • Bloodsport
    • Other

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

If you don't pick Die Hard you're wrong

Die Hard is a rare film.  It has aged extremely well.  In fact, I would say it is even better today than it was when it was released in 1988.  Die Hard's charm was that it set itself apart from other action films because the hero of the story seemed more "believable."  Well not only was Die Hard a better action film than the ones that came before it, but it is also better than anything that came after it.  That makes it even better than it was when it was first released.

This was a fun year for film. Lots of highlights. 

Die Hard is the best thing here, but Dead Ringers and The Land Before Time deserved to make the list. Brain Damage and Vampire's Kiss are hilarious cult horror. 

Rain Man, It was a great movie and story. Perhaps I am biased, I love to gamble. 

Seriously, I still love Die Hard, and a few of the others. 

Rain Man was presented better, executed better, and received very well. 

Most of those movies are just ehh. From my opinion. 

Some are certainly watchable a second time...most are just carbon copies of movies we have already seen. 

42 minutes ago, Ron78 said:

Note: ****tail is the movie with Tom Cruise. KH EDIT

A: I think most folks would figure that out. 

B: Don't get yourself in trouble for circumventing the filter. 

C: Let one popular year completely die off...then start a new one. 

No response for a few days, and feel free to go for the next year. 

You have them so crowded that folks are losing interest. 

Again that is my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

Rain Man, It was a great movie and story. Perhaps I am biased, I love to gamble. 

Seriously, I still love Die Hard, and a few of the others. 

Rain Man was presented better, executed better, and received very well. 

Most of those movies are just ehh. From my opinion. 

Some are certainly watchable a second time...most are just carbon copies of movies we have already seen. 

A: I think most folks would figure that out. 

B: Don't get yourself in trouble for circumventing the filter. 

C: Let one popular year completely die off...then start a new one. 

No response for a few days, and feel free to go for the next year. 

You have them so crowded that folks are losing interest. 

Again that is my opinion. 

A. I am just giving them a head start.

B.  I didn't circumvent the filter.  I spelled out the letters instead of an entire word.

C.  I don't think people are losing interest.  I think most people just don't post on here every day, but it's easy to go back and find them after they have been posted.

2 hours ago, Ron78 said:

A. I am just giving them a head start.

B.  I didn't circumvent the filter.  I spelled out the letters instead of an entire word.

C.  I don't think people are losing interest.  I think most people just don't post on here every day, but it's easy to go back and find them after they have been posted.

A: Head start of what ? A and B are referring to the same thing. Did you ignore or simply miss the part where I stated KH Edit ? 

B: You did. Spelling out the F word with periods or using a hashtag to spell out the S word...same ****ing thing. 

C: It's off-season and it is the Tailgate. Surely you do not expect a tailgate thread ( unless political, to gain a lot of steam). Some of these folks are just messing with you right now because it is so repetitive. 

Think about the other recent movie threads started. You can not be so obtuse that you don't comprehend that. 

27 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

A: Head start of what ? A and B are referring to the same thing. Did you ignore or simply miss the part where I stated KH Edit ? 

B: You did. Spelling out the F word with periods or using a hashtag to spell out the S word...same ****ing thing. 

C: It's off-season and it is the Tailgate. Surely you do not expect a tailgate thread ( unless political, to gain a lot of steam). Some of these folks are just messing with you right now because it is so repetitive. 

Think about the other recent movie threads started. You can not be so obtuse that you don't comprehend that. 

A.  Head start on thinking through which movie it was.  I am sure most people don't know off the top of their head that ****tail was released in 1988.  Many of the people in these forums probably weren't even born yet.  If your A and B served the same purpose, as you suggest, why didn't you combine them into one point?

B.  The mods must be elated to have you on the case.

C.  Both a clairvoyant and a genius.  I didn't make a relative statement like that.  I don't think motive for posting and voting in the topic is really very important.  It's only done for fun.

A: So we can understand how to use a computer and many years after now we have never heard of Google? ...just ask the question.

A.2: So you admit to either not knowing the rules or ignoring them. I like rebels...without the flag...actually some with the flags are cool folks too. 

B: Ask any Mod, I have never flagged or reported a post. I am not in cahoots with them or anyone else. I was actually trying to prevent you from someone else reporting what is essentially spamming. Daggone it it, I forgot, you don't know the rules. 

C: I believe the word you should have posted was "relevant" after so many threads which you stated were later to go to the 80's decade thread. Why not simply ask all of us ignorant folks to pick out a movie from each year in one thread ? I'm not upset or irritated by your threads... I was simply throwing out a suggestion or constructive criticism. 

EDIT: I have been told that I have some clairvoyant senses. Not to mention, I was indeed in the 99th percentile as far as IQ.  I enjoy a little smack talk here and there as long as you don't call me racist. haha. You would have to participate in more Tailgate threads to get that joke though. No hate, seriously. 

35 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

A: So we can understand how to use a computer and many years after now we have never heard of Google? ...just ask the question.

A.2: So you admit to either not knowing the rules or ignoring them. I like rebels...without the flag...actually some with the flags are cool folks too. 

B: Ask any Mod, I have never flagged or reported a post. I am not in cahoots with them or anyone else. I was actually trying to prevent you from someone else reporting what is essentially spamming. Daggone it it, I forgot, you don't know the rules. 

C: I believe the word you should have posted was "relevant" after so many threads which you stated were later to go to the 80's decade thread. Why not simply ask all of us ignorant folks to pick out a movie from each year in one thread ? I'm not upset or irritated by your threads... I was simply throwing out a suggestion or constructive criticism. 

EDIT: I have been told that I have some clairvoyant senses. Not to mention, I was indeed in the 99th percentile as far as IQ.  I enjoy a little smack talk here and there as long as you don't call me racist. haha. You would have to participate in more Tailgate threads to get that joke though. No hate, seriously. 

A:  Right.  So, as I stated, I was giving them a head start...

A.2:  That response had nothing to do with "A."

B: My statement wasn't intended to suggest you had reported anyone.  And ,maybe you need to brush up on how the forum rules define "spamming."

3. Spam is strictly prohibited.
The following are some examples of what ES considers spam:

• Very short posts that do not add value to the topic.
    Example: posts with only the words, "I dunno," or "lol cool," or "in before close" or a quote of a post with only "smileys" added, or simply the word "this" and an upward arrow or "x2" added. If that is the only contribution you have to make to the discussion, this is not the place for you.

C:  -No, the word I meant to use was definitely "relative."  What constitutes "gaining a lot of steam" is all relative, and I made no reference to it anyway.  I never indicated the number of the participants was important.

-I didn't go directly to the 80's all decade thread because I felt like going down a prolonged, year-by-year, trip down memory lane first would be better.  Plus, the poll results will dictate the options of the decade thread.

I'll take your word for it.  Definitely no hate though.

Actually... A and A2 correspond. 

I will certainly admit when I have flaws. I think it is pretty much all the time. 

B: Did that statement say that ? Present that time I was doing "drive bys" I don't think so. Certainly you led on your statement.  

C: We can take that off the board.  Glad you read the rules. Most of it is common sense.  :cheers:

Side Note: We should take all of these types of conversations off the board. Good thing is that we have two people who simple disagree, Ron is not a spammer he is just working on a project to get results...same as Redskins fans have been doing for years. 

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

Ron is not a spammer he is just working on a project to get results...same as Redskins fans have been doing for years. 

Not working on a "project."  Just having fun.

Archived