Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 7

Riggo-toni

In before LKB starts whining about book readers again. :)

To continue the discussion from the previous thread, I think Ned placed some kind of evidence that Jon is a Targaryen within Lyanna's tomb. They need some way for that world to know who Jon really is, and that seems the more likely scenario than Howland Reed deus ex machining in and letting everyone knew. He's been in one scene for this whole series, very doubtful if he hasn't shown up before than he will now. 

While disputes among rival kings can be decided by trial by combat, for disputes between female monarchs in Westeros it is trial by oil wrestling....which is apparently done in the nude. So there will undoubtedly be an entire episode Khaleesi and Cersei flailing about naked in the oil pit, interrupted by occasional flashes of Jon Snow sulking in a foot of snow.

30 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

While disputes among rival kings can be decided by trial by combat, for disputes between female monarchs in Westeros it is trial by oil wrestling....which is apparently done in the nude. So there will undoubtedly be an entire episode Khaleesi and Cersei flailing about naked in the oil pit, interrupted by occasional flashes of Jon Snow sulking in a foot of snow.

This would break mrskin.com

Possibly the entire internet.  

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Just rewatched season 5 and started season 6.  

Season 5 grew on me a bit.  Not even remotely as good as 4 or 6, but it essentially set up everything that has happened since.  

i can't wait for season 7.

Season 5 was depressing. that said, I  they alternate seasons between depression and optimistic feelings at the end. 

Season 1 (depressing) Ned's unexpected death

Season 2 (hopeful, optimistic) Ends without Jaime captured and Robb declared King of the North. Also Tyrion saves Kings Landing

Season 3 (depressing) Red wedding

Season 4 (Optimistic) Purple Wedding early and then Tywins death with an escaping Tyrion 

Season 5 (downright suicidal) The girl's burning st the stake and Jon Snows death

Season 6 (extremely optimistic) Starks reclaim winterfell, Jons lineage revealed, Danearys headed to Westeros finally

I expect season 7 to be the biggest gut punch of them all. Think Tyrion and Jaime die and our beloved Khaleesi becomes the antagonist  

5 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

In before LKB starts whining about book readers again. :)

To continue the discussion from the previous thread, I think Ned placed some kind of evidence that Jon is a Targaryen within Lyanna's tomb. They need some way for that world to know who Jon really is, and that seems the more likely scenario than Howland Reed deus ex machining in and letting everyone knew. He's been in one scene for this whole series, very doubtful if he hasn't shown up before than he will now. 

That seems crazy risky with how much Ned went thru to protect Jons identity knowing how crazy Robert was and that on a drunken bender as king he could have demanded that tomb be opened to see his love 

Im not sure Jon or anyone else will ever know the truth  because there is no good way for it to come out but when he saves the world as the prince of destiny we will understand why because he is the song of fire and ice 

Apparently we may be due for giant ice spiders according to this guy...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58fe00dfe4b00fa7de15f4fc

Something is coming to “Game of Thrones,” and it ain’t winter ... 

It’s Ice Spiders.

Oh what a tangled ice web we weave ...

Following the revelation about the book, we checked out our own copy of The World of Ice & Fire.

When you look at the specific section of text, it’s easy to notice that the rest of the page has a reference to the White Walkers using giant ice spiders. There’s even a picture of White Walkers with the spiders. If the book Gilly is using is some version of The World of Ice & Fire, continued reading will reveal the same. 

Giant ice spiders have already been mentioned on the show. Old Nan told Bran about them back in Season 1, saying the White Walkers’ spiders were as big as hounds. 

11 hours ago, twa said:

Revealed to Bran in a dream seems the likely choice, perhaps with something to substantiate it....though the dragons could do that.

If I recall correctly, Bran already knows. He realized it when the audience did last season. But as far as convincing the rest of Westeros, he'll have a hard enough time convincing people he isn't an imposter Bran Stark than trying to convince them the most famous **** of the Seven Kingdoms is actually it's rightful ruler. 

The previous suggestion that the Dawn of the Morning's sword possibly being within her tomb could be enough proof. But I could see people thinking,"Yeah, he was there....he died right before she died, this doesn't prove anything about Jon." 

16 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That seems crazy risky with how much Ned went thru to protect Jons identity knowing how crazy Robert was and that on a drunken bender as king he could have demanded that tomb be opened to see his love 

Im not sure Jon or anyone else will ever know the truth  because there is no good way for it to come out but when he saves the world as the prince of destiny we will understand why because he is the song of fire and ice 

You may be right. I can't think of any way it can be revealed and be believable. But let's say Ned did leave some evidence in her tomb, he was shocked when Robert came to Winterfell to ask him to be the Hand, he probably never expected to be put in that situation. May have also explained her nervousness when Robert asked to visit the crypts, outside of the general tension and awkwardness with Cersei standing right beside him. Ned may have thought if her tomb was ever opened, it would be long after Jon and he were dead. 

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

If I recall correctly, Bran already knows. He realized it when the audience did last season. But as far as convincing the rest of Westeros, he'll have a hard enough time convincing people he isn't an imposter Bran Stark than trying to convince them the most famous **** of the Seven Kingdoms is actually it's rightful ruler. 

The previous suggestion that the Dawn of the Morning's sword possibly being within her tomb could be enough proof. But I could see people thinking,"Yeah, he was there....he died right before she died, this doesn't prove anything about Jon." 

I agree, how Bran (or anybody else) is able to convince Jon or the masses about his parentage is a big question.  Here's the thing though: it has to matter in some way, or else it wouldn't have been such a big deal.  I mean, if they show/books (and I haven't read the books, but picking up from context) make such a big deal about Jon's parents, if they then just go, "eh, whatever.  he's a ****, whatever... He's still the king in the north" I just think that the entire plot line becomes meaningless, and I just have a hard time believing that it is meaningless.

So, that said, I believe that Jon's parentage will become known somehow, but I have no idea HOW that will be.  Which is pretty standard operating procedure for this story...

But I don't think it is meaningless if he becomes the prince of destiny, that was promised. The people of westeros might not realize why but we will all know why he is so special. 

Im not sure the reveal was anything more than fan service to culminate all the hints and clues they dropped throughout the series about Jon being special and more to his mother than meets the eye. 

11 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Apparently we may be due for giant ice spiders according to this guy...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58fe00dfe4b00fa7de15f4fc

Something is coming to “Game of Thrones,” and it ain’t winter ... 

It’s Ice Spiders.

Oh what a tangled ice web we weave ...

Following the revelation about the book, we checked out our own copy of The World of Ice & Fire.

When you look at the specific section of text, it’s easy to notice that the rest of the page has a reference to the White Walkers using giant ice spiders. There’s even a picture of White Walkers with the spiders. If the book Gilly is using is some version of The World of Ice & Fire, continued reading will reveal the same. 

Giant ice spiders have already been mentioned on the show. Old Nan told Bran about them back in Season 1, saying the White Walkers’ spiders were as big as hounds. 

**** me. I've been waiting for this and knew it was inevitable but I really

hoped they just took that out of the Tv show because damn man, that's hard for me to watch. Hopefully they have a unique design and are not realistic looking because otherwise I'll have to look away. 

Ugh 

I don't really care about spiders one way or the other.  But I really hate giant spiders.  Didn't like them in Harry Potter, won't like them here.

I just re-watched season 6.  I have a prediction:

Jamie started the series as the ultimate villain by pushing Bran out of a window to protect the "secret" of him and Cercei having adult relations.  Then he kinda became a sympathetic figure, saved Brienne from a bear, seemed like he was coming around a bit to not be a bad guy.  

I think he flips back to being the villain again. He will support Cercei and try and keep her from being killed.  That makes me sad for Bronn.  Because I fear that Bronn will fight for Jamie.  

I do think somehow we're going to get Mountain vs. Hound.  Minus a dragon, there's nobody else who can beat the mountain.  Except for the Red Viper, who got ****y and literally had his scull crushed in.  

I'd also like to see a reunion between Sansa and Arya.  The didn't have a lot of love for each other in season 1.  Now they've both been pretty well brutalized, I imagine they would put it behind them.  But it would be an interesting reunion.  

Arya - "So, what have you been up to, Sansa,you wretched ****?  I still haven't quite gotten over you lying about me and the butcher boy in front of Robert"

Sansa - "well, I got married to to a dwarf, was accused of killing Joffrey, fled, Little Finger gave me to Ramsey Bolton, who raped and beat me, until I had him eaten by his hounds, and we re-took Winterfell. You?"

Arya - "Hmmm.  Not bad.  Well, I escaped, tried to get to The Wall, but we were attacked, the Hound and I almost got to Rob at the Red Wedding, but just missed himdue to that rat Walder Frey killing our brother and mother, then we went to the Vale, but arrived 2 days after Aunt Lysa committed suicide ..."

Sansa - "actually, Little Finger pushed her out the moon door.  I was there.  You should have knocked."

Arya - "Hurumph.   Anyway, so Lady Brienne found us, injurred the hound, I went to Bravos, became a faceless assassin, was stabbed twice in the gut by that waif ****, killed her, killed 9 other people, including both Frey boys, their scumbag father Walder Frey, and Meryn Trant."

Sansa - "Not bad.  Did I mention that I watched Ramsey be eaten alive by his hounds?"

Arya - "You're learning.  But you'll never be as bad ass as me."

Sansa - "I hear there's this blonde chick with dragons coming our way."
Arya - "Who needs dragons.  I'm going to kill Cercei. Toodles."  

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I can see Jaime protecting Cersei initially but I think in the pivotal moment he is going to kill Cersei to save Arrya. Then he will be fully redeemed, come full circle saving a Stark and die to give his life as the hero, likely dying at the hands of the mountain, setting up a mountain vs Arya/Hound battle 

That would be neat.  But too optimistic to actually happen

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I left out the part where it's immediately followed by the Mountain picking Arrya up and swinging her like a club to kill both her and the hound. 

That I'd love to see.  I THINK there was a picture Maisie and the guy who plays the Mountain floating around on instagram.  He could definitely pick her up and swing her around like a club. :)

I kinda see Arya dying as she kills the last person on her list. My prediction is that she is the one to finally kill Cercei.  I guess it's possible that Arya kills Cercei, and then the Mountain kills Arya, then the Hound/Dragons kill The Mountain.  

Somebody also has to kill Kyburn (sp?)

I predict Tyrion dies, by Cersei's hands somehow, and Jaime completes the ultimate redemption story by betraying Cersei. He's always loved Tyrion.

I think Dany and Jon Snow will fued as well. We'll see Starks vs. Targeryons.

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I kinda see Arya dying as she kills the last person on her list. My prediction is that she is the one to finally kill Cercei.  I guess it's possible that Arya kills Cercei, and then the Mountain kills Arya, then the Hound/Dragons kill The Mountain.  

Somebody also has to kill Kyburn (sp?)

I definitely think something big will happen and immediately after the fallout (most likely something involving Arrya, Cersei and Jaime given the Mountain is involved) we see the Hound show up, sort of surveying the scene and the blood and bodies and then locking eyes with his piece of **** brother and they both know...this is it. 

Then their heads pop off their shoulders and hover in the air before flying toward one another, heads smashing in burst of fireworks as the MNF theme plays

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I predict Tyrion dies, by Cersei's hands somehow, and Jaime completes the ultimate redemption story by betraying Cersei. He's always loved Tyrion.

I think Dany and Jon Snow will fued as well. We'll see Starks vs. Targeryons.

Geez that would suck. Poor Tyrion if after it all, Cersei is the one that kills him. Damn. 

I think Danaerys is the one to kill Tyrion. She needs to get some heat on her (not counting those high beams shes packing) to set up a battle with Jon.

Archived