Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 7

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I can get behind this. I've been saying for a little while now that the prophecy Cersei is afraid of, saying she would be killed by one of her siblings, didn't pertain to Tyrion but to Jaime. 

Is that in the show? I remember the prophecy of her children dying and her being replaced by someone more beautiful but i don't remember if they mentioned the sibling part in the show?

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Is that in the show? I remember the prophecy of her children dying and her being replaced by someone more beautiful but i don't remember if they mentioned the sibling part in the show?

You're right. I edited my previous post. 

I want as many scenes with Lady Olenna and Lady Mormont as possible. In fact, if there's any justice in the universe, can somebody not figure out a way to put them in a scene TOGETHER?

^^ I'd love that. 

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

One of my favorite scenes was when Lady Olenna was negotiating with Tywin Lannister. Two greats of the acting world

Agree that was a great scene. Especially loved how she remarked about how rare it is for someone to live up to their hype/legend, yet Tywin did not disappoint. 

It is interesting that so many of the famous families of Westeros had not communicated before. They just stayed to their little corners until war brought them out. Just more lore I love about the show. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well it was already Margaret and that's one of the reasons Cersei hated her. 

But the prophesy made it seems like she would be permanently replaced by one more beautiful and younger. My choice is likely Dany, as she has the stronger force and the motivation to dethrone her. 

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

But the prophesy made it seems like she would be permanently replaced by one more beautiful and younger. My choice is likely Dany, as she has the stronger force and the motivation to dethrone her. 

The thing I like is that the prophecy is self-fulfilling. Cersei's actions led to the deaths of her children, Tommen most directly. And her destruction of King Landing and of Margery (in a backlash of the prophecy) is going to end up fulfilling that portion of it as well 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The thing is like is that the prophecy is self-fulfilling. Cersei's actions led to the deaths of her children, Tommen most directly. And her destruction of King Lands and of Margery (in a backlash of the prophecy) is going to end up fulfilling that portion of it as well 

So it's as if by merely telling her the prophecy, the Witch made it happen. Cersei would not have been so paranoid and created her own demise if she never knew it existed. 

17 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think Danaerys is the one to kill Tyrion. She needs to get some heat on her (not counting those high beams shes packing) to set up a battle with Jon.

I I don't see this.  I think Danny is fully in-bed with Tyrion.  (I"m sure that Tyrion would love to be in bed with Danny. :)

I do think that Tyrion won't make it all the way to the end.  

14 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

So it's as if by merely telling her the prophecy, the Witch made it happen. Cersei would not have been so paranoid and created her own demise if she never knew it existed. 

It's an interesting parallel to the Roman Emperor Domitian, who received a prophecy that he would be assassinated and reportedly became so paranoid as the date of his prophesied demise approached that he began executing people left and right - which led to those who feared they might be next to have him assassinated.

15 hours ago, JCB said:

I want as many scenes with Lady Olenna and Lady Mormont as possible. In fact, if there's any justice in the universe, can somebody not figure out a way to put them in a scene TOGETHER?

This is possible if Danny and Jon join up to go after Cercei.  We don't actually know WHERE in Westeros that Danny is going to land.  We know that she has allies in the south, and she's crossing the narrow sea, but really no idea where she will land.  So, if she decides to start her march from the North, then it's very possible that she joins up with Jon.  

Not sure if Olenna is actually WITH Danny at the moment, but we know that she's part of "Team Danny," along with Theon/Yara, Martells, Unsullied and three Mother ****ing Dragons.  

My ideal scenario is that "Team Danny" joins up with "Team Stark/Snow(but really Targaryen)" and they take out "Team Lannister" uniting Westeros in the fight against the White Walkers.  

15 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yep. Robbed all of us of those glorious Margery "do-me" eyes. 

She still has, in my opinion, one of the top 4 nude scenes in the show.  None of which were really gratuitous.   I can't decide the order, but they are:

1. Introduction to Danny, with her BROTHER undressing her and saying, "you have a woman's body now" and checking out her breasts.  This definitely wins the "Creepy Nude Scene of all time" award.  

2. Final scene of Season 1 with Danny and her dragons. This gets the "You have no idea what's coming" award.

3. Danny standing outside of Vaes Dothrak after burning all of the khals to ash. This gets the "I am truly a bad ass" award.  

4.. Margery undoing her dress and standing in front of Renly saying, "put a baby in my bell" and asking if she should turn around, and asking if he wants her to ask her brother to come back in to get him going.  This gets the "By whatever means necessary" award.  

(Interestingly, 3 of these scenes are from Ms. Clarke.)

I will miss Margery, both the character, and also the actress.  

22 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I predict that the books will never be completed.

I don't think so either.  Because there's really no reason for George to finish them.  Though, he might finish them after the series is over, just cause he wants to stay in the spotlight.  Which will naturally dim after the series ends.  

14 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The thing I like is that the prophecy is self-fulfilling. Cersei's actions led to the deaths of her children, Tommen most directly. And her destruction of King Landing and of Margery (in a backlash of the prophecy) is going to end up fulfilling that portion of it as well 

It is true, self fulfilling prophecy.  

11 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

It's an interesting parallel to the Roman Emperor Domitian, who received a prophecy that he would be assassinated and reportedly became so paranoid as the date of his prophesied demise approached that he began executing people left and right - which led to those who feared they might be next to have him assassinated.

Huh, I don't remember that from 9th grade world history.  Good lesson.  

See, you can learn a lot on ES.  

58 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

My favorite is Number Two. It was bad ass, her emerging naked and unscathed, reborn with the hatching of the dragons. Still resonates in my mind.

You might be right.  In that list, there are 2 "Epic" moments" (Danny + Dragons, and Danny Burning Khals.)  There is a super-creepy set-up moment (Danny and her brother), and there's an important but somewhat comedic (Margery + Renly).  I personally think that I'd go with one of the Epic scenes.  Probably the one with Dragons.  But the one in Vaes Dothrak is pretty cool too.  

This got me thinking about "epic" scenes. There have been a lot of "epic" scenes.  I am sure everybody defines Epic differently.  Here are mine:  Doing this from memory, no order (though slightly chronological):

1. Ned getting his head lopped off. 

2. Danny scene with baby dragons

3. Drogo speech to take over the world for Danny 

4. Egritt/Jon cave scene Mostly because of the line, "you know nothing Jon Snow"  

5. Danny using her dragon to buy/steal the unsullied

6. Red Wedding

7. The opening of Season 4 with the melting of Ice and the creation of Oathkeeper and the other sword (don't remember the name)

8. Tyrion's speech at his trial.  

9. Mountain/Viper trial by combat

10. The Night King raises his arms and the dead at Hardhome. 

11. (In the most awful way possible) Burning of Shereen

12. Drogon flies in to save Danny in fighting pit.

13. Jon Snow Murdered.

14. Jon Snow resurrected

15. Danny burns the Khals

16. Hodor Holds the Door

17. (This is not so much a scene, as a moment) Arya uses needle to cut a candle in half before killing the waif. That shot is one of my favorite in the entire show.  

18. Sansa watches Ramsey's hounds eat him alive, with a little smile.  

19. Cercei blows up everything (The entire scene, them getting dressed, the music, the explosion, Tommen doing a swan dive.  Might be the best scene in the entire run of the show.)

20. Danny's armada

Honorable mentions:

1. The entire Watchers on the Wall episode.  I just don't think there was one epic scene in the episode, but most of the episide was kinda epic

2. Joffrey dying.  Very important plot point.  Scene itself, not epic enough

3. Tyrian kills Tywin.  Very important plot point, but not epic enough.

4. Jon elected Lord Commander.  Cool scene.  

5. Rob's "King In The North" moment.

6. The entire Battle of Blackwater episode.

7. Little Finger pushes Lady Aryn out the moon door.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You might be right.  In that list, there are 2 "Epic" moments" (Danny + Dragons, and Danny Burning Khals.)  There is a super-creepy set-up moment (Danny and her brother), and there's an important but somewhat comedic (Margery + Renly).  I personally think that I'd go with one of the Epic scenes.  Probably the one with Dragons.  But the one in Vaes Dothrak is pretty cool too.  

This got me thinking about "epic" scenes. There have been a lot of "epic" scenes.  I am sure everybody defines Epic differently.  Here are mine:  Doing this from memory, no order (though slightly chronological):

1. Ned getting his head lopped off. 

2. Danny scene with baby dragons

3. Drogo speech to take over the world for Danny 

4. Egritt/Jon cave scene Mostly because of the line, "you know nothing Jon Snow"  

5. Danny using her dragon to buy/steal the unsullied

6. Red Wedding

7. The opening of Season 4 with the melting of Ice and the creation of Oathkeeper and the other sword (don't remember the name)

8. Tyrion's speech at his trial.  

9. Mountain/Viper trial by combat

10. The Night King raises his arms and the dead at Hardhome. 

11. (In the most awful way possible) Burning of Shereen

12. Drogon flies in to save Danny in fighting pit.

13. Jon Snow Murdered.

14. Jon Snow resurrected

15. Danny burns the Khals

16. Hodor Holds the Door

17. (This is not so much a scene, as a moment) Arya uses needle to cut a candle in half before killing the waif. That shot is one of my favorite in the entire show.  

18. Sansa watches Ramsey's hounds eat him alive, with a little smile.  

19. Cercei blows up everything (The entire scene, them getting dressed, the music, the explosion, Tommen doing a swan dive.  Might be the best scene in the entire run of the show.)

20. Danny's armada

Honorable mentions:

1. The entire Watchers on the Wall episode.  I just don't think there was one epic scene in the episode, but most of the episide was kinda epic

2. Joffrey dying.  Very important plot point.  Scene itself, not epic enough

3. Tyrian kills Tywin.  Very important plot point, but not epic enough.

4. Jon elected Lord Commander.  Cool scene.  

5. Rob's "King In The North" moment.

6. The entire Battle of Blackwater episode.

7. Little Finger pushes Lady Aryn out the moon door.

Cool post, but I can't believe you had no mention of Hardhome. I think that was the series' best episode. 

19 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Cool post, but I can't believe you had no mention of Hardhome. I think that was the series' best episode. 

I did.  Look at #10 above.  And I think it is one of the best. 

I think that Winds of Winter is my favorite episode.  Though there are others... My favorite episodes (in no order)

1. Winds of Winter

2. Battle of the ****s

3. Laws of Gods and Men

4. "Red Wedding"

5. Blackwater

6. Baylor

7. Hardhome

8. The Door

14 minutes ago, visionary said:

That is honestly the best news that I've heard all day.  

I think a series around Robert's Rebellion would be fascinating.  

Or a series about Lord Bailish, and how he rose to prominence.  Which can have a "late night" spinoff centering around his brothel... :P

<Sarcasm>

An entire series set in Dorne and Mereen?  Woudln't that be AWESOME? 

/Scarcam

8 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Can we have an origin story on how all the sandsnakes became horny lesbians....I would watch it.

Or even a story about the Greyjoys, staring Yara? I think "I'm going to **** the tits off of this one" while she and Theon are in the brothel somewhere on their way to Mereen is one of my favorite little throw-away lines of the series.  

Right up there with "That's what I do.  I drink.  I know things." 

Archived